C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutouts for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 09:03 PM
candipogo
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Cutouts for 2006

Anybody running cutouts please reply. I have a 2007 z51, 6 speed with a Callaway package on it. I would like to add electric cutouts. I have kooks headers and a corsa exhaust system with twin mufflers at the rear. I have heard that qtp makes a good low profile set up. Will I have to make any changes to the ecm? Where did you hook up the controller? Any installation comments or advice will be appreciated.
phil
Old 01-06-2020, 02:28 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I had my QTP's professionally installed. They mount in the X-pipe before the muff cans and come with two remotes with infinite range. One of the best modifications I ever had done.
The following users liked this post:
candipogo (01-09-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 06:55 PM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My experience with QTP was far less than stellar. (this was YEARS ago) After failures in both of them, I decided to file for a warranty claim with them.. It was denied. When I took one apart to see what happened I was stunned. The motor shaft and butterfly shaft are connected by a collar with 2 small hex set screws. On one it barely made contact with the motor shaft and easily stripped out. The other (I took apart) showed a huge glob of solder on the motor that was way to close to the case and grounded out and shorted out.

They threatened to sue me if I kept a post alive in a forum as to what I found. I removed post (or had admin remove it), Still have the letter from them somewhere around here.

Finally ended up with a great deal from RaceReadyPerformance ones. Not even sure they are still around, but 8+ years later and they work just fine. Only issue was the wireless system back then created havoc with other RF generated signals. Finally just took the wireless remote out. They stay cracked all the time. It's just to damn quiet w/ factory exhaust.

Last edited by diyguy; 01-07-2020 at 06:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
candipogo (01-09-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Cutouts for 2006

Quick Reply: Cutouts for 2006