C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Going Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Randall Musick
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dash Going Crazy

I have a 2010 Base Model C6 - I'll can be driving down the road everything shuts down radio goes off and AC shuts off and all my lights on the dash goes off and on all the service messages comes on and off but the car keeps running.
I've checked all plugs to the CPU I've replaced the Alternator and replaced the Battery and I still have the problem please help.
I've even checked the kick plate on the passenger floor board.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
20200222_103546_1.mp3 (1.32 MB, 95 views)
File Type: avi
20200222_103546_1.avi (193.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Randall Musick; 02-25-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Applying Video
Old 07-22-2019, 02:17 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

I seem to remember a post awhile back about a connector under the kick panel on the passenger side that when someone sat in the passenger seat and pushed on the floor it caused similar erratic behavior. You might want to check your fuse box and see if wiggling any of the connector cause similar behavior. I'd also probably check all the fuse and make sure none are loose while I was in there.
The following users liked this post:
Randall Musick (07-24-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 04:03 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

Check this post https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-gremlin.html
Randall Musick (07-24-2019)
Old 03-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Randall Musick
Cruising

Well I've looked and looked and the problem keep getting worst, so I went to the local Chevy Dealer and traded it in on a 2019 Corvette Stingray...
So problem solved for me now the dealer has to find it. I told them the problem and they seam to think they can fix it.
mellojoe (03-12-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 06:26 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,151 Posts

When you say you "looked and looked", that's pretty vague. If you are saying that you had a number of competent professionals try to diagnose the problem and they failed, then I get it. Either way, if what you wanted was a new(er) vette, then for sure enjoy your new ride. Presumably, it's got a warranty, etc.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:45 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall Musick
Well I've looked and looked and the problem keep getting worst, so I went to the local Chevy Dealer and traded it in on a 2019 Corvette Stingray...
So problem solved for me now the dealer has to find it. I told them the problem and they seam to think they can fix it.
That's what I call throwing the checkbook at it. Good for you!
Old 03-11-2020, 08:13 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
I seem to remember a post awhile back about a connector under the kick panel on the passenger side that when someone sat in the passenger seat and pushed on the floor it caused similar erratic behavior. You might want to check your fuse box and see if wiggling any of the connector cause similar behavior. I'd also probably check all the fuse and make sure none are loose while I was in there.
sounds familiar to me also. I might add when crazy things start happening on this car.......a faulty battery is the cause

Clif
wideglideleon (03-12-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 08:16 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

thats a surefire way to troubleshoot the problem. Good luck with your C7.....they are nice

Clif
Old 03-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Randall Musick
Cruising

Well took everyone's advice on checking all the normal spots that some people had problems with so I went to New Battery, New alternator, checked the Starter for any thing loose and checked the kick plate on the passenger side and all ground wires. I even checked all the connections on the main computer. I even went so far as checking the wires under the drivers seat because it moves every time my wife moved it to drive. It was starting to cost more and more cash with out any results. So my best bet was to just move on and invest in a new car.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:29 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Well took everyone's advice on checking all the normal spots that some people had problems with so I went to New Battery, New alternator, checked the Starter for any thing loose and checked the kick plate on the passenger side and all ground wires. I even checked all the connections on the main computer. I even went so far as checking the wires under the drivers seat because it moves every time my wife moved it to drive. It was starting to cost more and more cash with out any results. So my best bet was to just move on and invest in a new car.
This same philosophy works well for problem wives.........WW
The following 3 users liked this post by WW7:
Randall Musick (03-12-2020), TecCrash (06-28-2021), wideglideleon (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
This same philosophy works well for problem wives.........WW
I figured that out 14 years ago. Got rid of the wife. Bought a Corvette.
Randall Musick (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 11:12 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

good for you. Dont make sense having something thats suppose to put a smile on your face .....do the opposite. Good luck and enjoy

Clif
Randall Musick (03-12-2020)
Old 06-28-2021, 02:44 PM
Freedmilk
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going thru that problem right now. I have changed positive battery terminal to a Stinger post. I still had the issue the other day. I was hoping to find out what is was. Congrats on the 2K19 though...

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Going Crazy

Quick Reply: Dash Going Crazy