C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse hard to access

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 12:18 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Reverse hard to access

After installing the Z06 pump at my dealership for my Stage-2 e-Force upgrade from Stage-1 (way more awesome btw) I find now I cannot shift into Reverse without a LOT of effort.
It's my opinion the Reverse solenoid was unclipped, though I do also have a CAGS system if that matters installed as well.

My jack cannot get underneath the Grand Sport (dry sump) to lift it to check or access so I'll have to take it back to Red Noland Cadillac here in Colorado Springs. Getting both tanks out for the pump install they had to mess with the manual transmission a bit.

Question: If they unclipped the Reverse Solenoid electric plug would it be in permanent lockout mode? I think so since in less-than-3-mph I think it produces voltage and then stops afterwards to engage the lock-out feature from 5th. Since it's getting zero voltage (unclipped) it thinks it's greater-than 3-mph?

Note* For kicks, I checked fuse #13 of 25A and it was fine. I don't have any CEL codes (ie. P 00801 - failed solenoid)

Last edited by mikecronis; 05-17-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:09 PM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I love this forum btw. I mean it's amazing that all issues that have ever happened to a C6 are right here.

UPDATE: The Cadillac dealership Red Noland said it was fuse #13 (25A) however he did say he also re-seat the reverse-lockout solenoid plug.as well.

I asked, "Number 13? 25A? Can I see it?" since I had just looked at it before I headed out this morning at it was fine. The mechanic looked worried and said he had just had it in his pocket but can't find it now. I asked what would blow the fuse? He said the evaporation vacuum nearby could trigger it since it shared the same fuse so I asked what would cause that and he looked more worried and didn't know. I asked if maybe something when he dropped the fuel tanks something happened there since he was "having problems getting around the transmission" earlier installing the Z06 fuel-pump but he said that he didn't touch that and got very defensive again.
This same guy I had adjust my bumper since I had classic bumper-sag due to a sloppy e-Force install at 5250 Performance in Denver and noticed the $5 near-the-headlight tab was broken (classic issue) and he said he didn't touch that and was very defensive again. He also didn't reconnect the vacuum line onto the NPP exhaust and said "it was like that" so I showed him why this was not the case during the install.

I'm guessing this guy is a liar and forgot to attach the reverse-solenoid plug (or didn't clip it on right) and possibly when he re-attached it the fuse 25A fuse blew because I noticed he didn't reconnect the battery.

Anyway, it's fixed. Caveat emptor.

Quick Reply: Reverse hard to access