C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diode Dynamics Led Tail Light Halo

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 03:00 PM
dlcain
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Somewhere in this forum I saw a picture of someone that did that. The garage pics thread maybe?
Old 06-16-2019, 11:04 PM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

I got mine done. I like the look WITHOUT the factory bulbs' but then it flashes too fast. Not a fan of load resistors..... has anyone tried a new relay that doesn't require a specific load?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:19 AM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

Originally Posted by dlcain
Wanted to mention this in case anyone else has this problem after installing the halo's. I'm getting all kinds of static thru the radio now when applying the brakes, turn signals, running lights, etc.... I wrote diode dynamics and got this reply. I'm going to order these and give them a try. Let ya know how it works out.

Thanks for reaching out to us! What you are seeing unfortunately is some RF interference caused by the LEDs, one of those things that is inherent with that type of lighting in some cases. Your best bet is to install some ferite beads. This will suppress that RF interference. You can find these on Amazon all day. These simply clamp on to the wires. You will want a couple pairs on the wires coming from the drivers. Maybe a pair on the harness it's tapped into as well. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
what size did you get? I'm thinking 5 mm or 7 mm
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 AM
dlcain
Instructor

I purchased the 25 piece assortment package from Amazon. Haven't had a chance to install them yet. Hopefully this week sometime.
I did ask Diode dynamics this question and they said 3mm would be fine, but if you go around more than 2 wires, to use the 5mm.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:35 PM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

I purchased the 25 piece assortment package from Amazon. Haven't had a chance to install them yet. Hopefully this week sometime.
I did ask Diode dynamics this question and they said 3mm would be fine, but if you go around more than 2 wires, to use the 5mm.
I ordered some. Hopefully it takes care if the interference. I'm planning on doing the side markers too .....but this would be a deal breaker lol
Old 12-03-2022, 04:18 PM
dlcain
Instructor

So I've had the diode dynamics for about 3yrs now. I still get static thru the radio and also hyper flash. I tried the ferrite beads but it made no difference. I still love them and don't even turn the radio on anymore. I've talked to diode dynamics a few times and they have no answers. Is anyone else having this problem? And was you able to remedy it? I may try extending the antenna under the car somewhere to see if that helps.

Old 12-04-2022, 07:03 AM
dlcain
Instructor

I also just had another thought this morning. I'm running 100% right now. Think I'll switch to the white 50% wire to see if that makes any difference
Old 12-05-2022, 06:22 AM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

So I've had the diode dynamics for about 3yrs now. I still get static thru the radio and also hyper flash. I tried the ferrite beads but it made no difference. I still love them and don't even turn the radio on anymore. I've talked to diode dynamics a few times and they have no answers. Is anyone else having this problem? And was you able to remedy it? I may try extending the antenna under the car somewhere to see if that helps.
yes, the LED lights interfere with the radio antenna (which is located in the trunk). I have thought about relocating the antenna, but have opted to just stream everything through my phone/bluetooth instead. my local radio stations suck anyway. so I just use amazon music, and XM through my phone.

i love my diode dynamics tail lights.

as for hyperflash, I just left the factory bulbs in the sockets - no issues.

Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics Led Tail Light Halo