C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Corvette knowledgeable dealer in so cal

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Riveroger
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Looking for Corvette knowledgeable dealer in so cal

I live in Long Beach CA, Thank you in advance..
Old 10-13-2018, 02:04 PM
H&J
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've tried 3 dealers. The only one that knows how to treat a vette is Paradise Chevrolet/Cadillac... 27360 Ynez Rd, Temecula, CA 92591.
The 1st dealer I tried cracked my rocker panels. The 2nd dealer didn't shut down my '05 correctly and drained my battery for 3 days. I saw the lot boy drag a battery charger towards my car when I went to pick it up. I asked him if he used it on my car. He said yes.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by H&J
I've tried 3 dealers. The only one that knows how to treat a vette is Paradise Chevrolet/Cadillac... 27360 Ynez Rd, Temecula, CA 92591.
The 1st dealer I tried cracked my rocker panels. The 2nd dealer didn't shut down my '05 correctly and drained my battery for 3 days. I saw the lot boy drag a battery charger towards my car when I went to pick it up. I asked him if he used it on my car. He said yes.
Come on guys. When you have an issue, don't be afraid to name that dealer. Let us know so we can be advised and not make the same mistake. We will say what dealers treat us good but will not mention the dealers that screw up. Accountability is a wonderful thing and helps us all out.
The following users liked this post:
corvette312 (10-16-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 02:30 PM
wdwinder
Drifting

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '24

I am in Ventura county and could use some guidance too. I bought mine at Silverstar in Westlake. The more I interact with them the less I think they know this car. Which scares me. I've only had an oil change so far but they didnt reset the oil life meter. Not a big deal, but should be part of the process. I also learned at Ron Fellows school that I should have brake rotor protectors. None delivered. When I went in to ask for them, no one seemed to even know what I was talking about. That little journey started in July and I have yet to see them. Finally had to give the GM the part number to order. But I still don't have them.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Riveroger
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested

Come on guys. When you have an issue, don't be afraid to name that dealer. Let us know so we can be advised and not make the same mistake. We will say what dealers treat us good but will not mention the dealers that screw up. Accountability is a wonderful thing and helps us all out.
I called the closest dealer to me and asked the adviser if they service many corvettes he didn't know but said familiar with the V8 because of the trucks. I do not have confidence this is a good choice.

Penske Chevrolet of Cerritos.
18605 South Studebaker Road Cerritos CA 90703 US
Old 10-13-2018, 03:50 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,684 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

I'm not as anti-dealer as many in here, but unless you're getting a recall or special policy work done, why are you even talking to dealers considering the reputations they seem to have there?

There must be several shops in the area that either specialize in vettes or at least "speak Corvette."

Edit: Forgot there may be a few C6s with a little powertrain warranty left and some with GMEPP.

Last edited by 919cw313; 10-13-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Corvette knowledgeable dealer in so cal

Quick Reply: Looking for Corvette knowledgeable dealer in so cal