C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Parts compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 02:23 PM
mabryusmc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Parts compatibility

Does anyone have information on how compatible the parts from the C6's are? I have a lead on a ridiculously priced C6 that has a few issues (Water damage). Im entertaining the idea of finding a wrecked parts car to swap what is needed and part out the rest. Yes, I know this would be a huge amount of work.... but I love turning wrenches in my free time. Not looking for info on how difficult it will be... but just what parts are compatible.

Buying the car and repairing it from parts ordered/purchased wouldnt make the deal as good as being able to buy a cheap parts car..... know what I mean?

Its a 2007 base model C6.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:56 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 694 Posts

where do you find a "cheap parts car"?. You might have better luck determining what parts you need then look for them from corvette salvage dealers.
most parts will swap but you likely need some of the electronic modules that may require programming. Probably want to find 06 or 07 modules.

Last edited by C6ToGo; 08-31-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:50 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Run away as fast as you can from a flood damage car.
The amount of internal rusting and electronic damage problems to the car will have you chasing your tail with repair after repair to keep it running over and over again.
Also, flood damaged titled car even if running, is only worth about half the value of what a clean title car is, due to the above problems.

Trust me, one of the lads here is rebuilding a low mileage C7 flood damaged car, and even the bearings in the torque tube where rusted/filled with silt and had to be replaced.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Parts compatibility

Quick Reply: C6 Parts compatibility