C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morimoto C7-Style XB-2 LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 12:07 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Got my email.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:05 AM
Surf Island
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pm sent
Old 07-18-2018, 06:16 AM
dark_ata
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello the light have ECE mark or only DOT ? What is the shipping cost to canary Island/Spain? And the prices ?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 08:49 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Received 542 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by dark_ata
Hello the light have ECE mark or only DOT ? What is the shipping cost to canary Island/Spain? And the prices ?

Thanks
Please PM over full shipping address and I can get you a quote.

Cole Manzelli
Cole@Vette-Lights.com
(405) 209-5328

Vette-Lights.com
"FORUM10" - 10% Off Almost All Upgrades

Old 07-18-2018, 10:42 AM
quadracr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLights
Will reply to all PM's as soon as I get a chance to run through them all. Have spent most of the morning trying to figure out a way around the amber DRL and then got a call from the distributor confirming some info.

We now know that:
  • The DRL and parking/headlights are both the white "L"
  • The only time the amber lights are activated is for the turn signal or hazards
  • The turn signal / hazards can be sequential or all-on/all-off
Originally Posted by Frankie15
Totally confused. So the "L" shaped light is definitely the DRL and will be on at all times? Caveman said the amber lights are the DRLs while the "L" shape is a parking light. Has something changed with this batch?

This is FANTASTIC news if true, but I am unsure based on what Caveman told us.
Being that comments 45-88 discussed the DRLs and what I thought was a clear answer on comment 75 I still want to be sure of what we are getting. Fact is Cavemans lights do not work the way it says in comment 75. So the question posed was since his set was an early set (obviously) did they get changed by the manufacturer or is this functionality (Cavemans) the way they will come? Obviously VetteLights should answer this unless someone has another set installed and can provide factual evidence.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 04:07 PM
jchappies
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by quadracr
Being that comments 45-88 discussed the DRLs and what I thought was a clear answer on comment 75 I still want to be sure of what we are getting. Fact is Cavemans lights do not work the way it says in comment 75. So the question posed was since his set was an early set (obviously) did they get changed by the manufacturer or is this functionality (Cavemans) the way they will come? Obviously VetteLights should answer this unless someone has another set installed and can provide factual evidence.

Thanks
Yeah a good video that shows all the function with the switches and stuff would be great....everyone seems to be pretty vague on the answers. Hopefully in the next couple of days someone will do a video. Looks like mine won't arrive until Monday so...
Old 07-18-2018, 06:01 PM
SeanMo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

It looks like the headlights have been shipped, but are we still waiting on the tail lights?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

I got my shipping notification yesterday but UPS says they still don't have the package so i'm wondering what the deal is?
Old 07-18-2018, 10:23 PM
tcweidner
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

same, hoping to see the tracking info updated tomorrow
Old 07-18-2018, 11:06 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Regarding the tracking info. I just shot them an email to see what the hold up is on UPS taking possession of the lights - hoping to have a definite answer to this in the morning.

Tail lights are expected to arrive in 2-3 weeks. They had to make a last minute change to the resistance level which postponed delivery a bit.

This is per the distributor regarding functionality:
  • The L shaped white light is the DRL and is on when the parking/headlights are on
  • The amber lights on the sides act only as the turn signal and hazards (can be sequential or all-on/off)

There should be plenty of videos available in just a few days though. Can't wait to see these bad boys installed!
Old 07-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

The other thread is saying the DRL's are only partial brightness not full. Is this true?
Old 07-19-2018, 12:07 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
The other thread is saying the DRL's are only partial brightness not full. Is this true?
Without having my hands on them yet it's hard to definitively answer things like this but I had the distributor take a look at the thread and their response was that the "harness" in question to correct this is a simple fuse tap to two separate amp connectors for the DRLs which comes included with the headlights so nothing additional will be needed.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:43 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Regarding the tracking info. I just shot them an email to see what the hold up is on UPS taking possession of the lights - hoping to have a definite answer to this in the morning.

Tail lights are expected to arrive in 2-3 weeks. They had to make a last minute change to the resistance level which postponed delivery a bit.

• The L shaped white light is the DRL and is on when the parking/headlights are on
  • The amber lights on the sides act only as the turn signal and hazards (can be sequential or all-on/off)

There should be plenty of videos available in just a few days though. Can't wait to see these bad boys installed!
Yours may be different, but I'm kind of doubting it. With the included wire tap harness the hockey sticks are on full time, not as DRLs. The unfortunate part is that the amber turn signals act as DRLs as well, so they are lit.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Without having my hands on them yet it's hard to definitively answer things like this but I had the distributor take a look at the thread and their response was that the "harness" in question to correct this is a simple fuse tap to two separate amp connectors for the DRLs which comes included with the headlights so nothing additional will be needed.
So, are there any instructions stating all this? I'll be taking these to an installer who has never installed these before and I don't want any surprises or headaches.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Originally Posted by doomi
Yours may be different, but I'm kind of doubting it. With the included wire tap harness the hockey sticks are on full time, not as DRLs. The unfortunate part is that the amber turn signals act as DRLs as well, so they are lit.
So, are you saying that not only the hockey stiks are on full time but also the amber turn signals? I've never seen any video that shows this.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

UPS STILL does not have my package. What's the deal, dude?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:15 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
So, are you saying that not only the hockey stiks are on full time but also the amber turn signals? I've never seen any video that shows this.
Yes, at least that's how mine operate. Well kind of. The amber turn signals don't operate as DRL when the headlights are on. In headlight mode they just operate as the turn signals.

​​​​​However, they are from another seller so there's a possibility the factory built these differently.

Get notified of new replies

To Morimoto C7-Style XB-2 LED Headlights

Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

I have been told by the distributor (who ordered a vast majority of all sets produced to date so far) Time and Time again that the amber lights are strictly a turn signal - not a DRL.

I received an email this morning stating that UPS dropped the ball and missed the pickup last night.
The packages were all wrapped up ready to go but UPS did not arrive to pick them up for whatever the reason so they will be in UPS possession today instead. Tracking numbers should have updated delivery dates this evening.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:27 PM
camarokidz28
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I have been told by the distributor (who ordered a vast majority of all sets produced to date so far) Time and Time again that the amber lights are strictly a turn signal - not a DRL.

I received an email this morning stating that UPS dropped the ball and missed the pickup last night.
The packages were all wrapped up ready to go but UPS did not arrive to pick them up for whatever the reason so they will be in UPS possession today instead. Tracking numbers should have updated delivery dates this evening.
Sounds good man, thanks for the update. I've experienced similar with my company. Lord help you if you have to ship stuff for business in December!
Old 07-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Is all this included in the instructions?

Quick Reply: Morimoto C7-Style XB-2 LED Headlights