C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:59 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Tony pop your inside button off and disconnect it and add 12 volts to the blue wire(I think) and see if the lock in the B Pillar works,if not that would be your problem..Maybe?
Thanks Cherokee. Good idea. But I already bit the bullet and paid them to do the diagnostic. It makes sense that ddm module was bad, window, door latch, door lock and outside mirror all didn’t work and that module controls all of those functions.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:03 PM
TonyC6
Pro

Originally Posted by Al Gumby
Tony, Tony, Tony... there's an emergency door release lever down on the floor, one by each seat. Important info to know, including your passengers!

Thanks for pointing that out and making me feel so stupid Al! 😂

I can’t believe I didn’t know that. Duh.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:51 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyC6
Thanks Cherokee. Good idea. But I already bit the bullet and paid them to do the diagnostic. It makes sense that ddm module was bad, window, door latch, door lock and outside mirror all didn’t work and that module controls all of those functions.
Tony: I did a search for a DDM for a 2005 and my 2008 on OEM GM parts and no results found??
Old 06-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Tony_C6
Cruising

Default Update on the Door Control Module (DDM)

Originally Posted by TonyC6
They charged me $120 for the diagnostic scan. They did confirm a bad DDM, but as I mentioned before that DDM is part of the window regulator. Cost $280 on Amazon. I went ahead and ordered it and pulled the old one out. Less than 1 hour with help from a YouTube video. Now if I can just get it all back together when the new part comes in. 😄

PS, this was the same window module the same dealership replaced 2 years ago when the window motor went bad. $800 then. Ouch!
I just wanted to post this update. After the dealership confirmed the DDM defective with their diagnotics scan, and wanted over $900 to fix it....I bought a new authentic GM replacement through Amazon for $280 and with the help of the service manual and a Youtube video, replaced it myself. Less than 1 hour to pull the old one, and less than 1 hour to install the new one. Wasn't anything too tricky at all. If I would have had the parts when I started the job, the whole job would have been less than 1 hour, but I pulled the old one off before I ordered the part.

I do want to comment that the dealer mentioned they charged $75 to program the new module. Program? That had me worried. I didn't know what kind of equipment might be required to program the new module once it was installed. OK, pay attention... here's the secret $75 program.....after you install the new module and position the window back in place. Close the door, start the engine, push the window button all the way up and hold it for 5 seconds. Then push the down button all the way down and hold for 5 seconds. Boom! Programmed. 10 seconds = $75. Those "Stealerships" are really ripping people off in a big way.

Thanks for this forum, thanks to all of you who helped with advice, and I hope my little story might help someone else save some money.

Quick Reply: Drivers door