C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat Carrying C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 09:48 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by tsmart
De gustibus non est disputandum😀
de gustibus aut bene, aut nihil
Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Elijah71
What are you out of your friggin mind? It's a damn cat. Leave it the hell at home. It's not a kid and let's see what can you expect from it. ****, Puke, Crap, Shedding and who knows what else. If you want a mobile kennel then go for it. But that's just my opinion. And on a positive note, yes that is a creative and constructive idea to solve the problem.
I think one trip and the OP will be cured of the need to bring the cat. Let's see....all the luggage will be covered in hair, possibly urine and feces. Yep, that's a trip I wanna take...

I had a cat that traveled 700 miles each week with me in my Tahoe. Never a problem, but he was used to car travel. Every other cat I ever had screamed like a banshee, whether going around the block, or across the state.

I would leave the cat at home...
Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,041 Likes on 2,189 Posts

What are you out of your friggin mind? It's a damn cat. Leave it the hell at home. It's not a kid and let's see what can you expect from it. ****, Puke, Crap, Shedding and who knows what else. If you want a mobile kennel then go for it. But that's just my opinion. And on a positive note, yes that is a creative and constructive idea to solve the problem.
A single lad above, and once he gets married, will learn that if the wife is not happy, then neither are you.

Also going to learn that when the wife and you retire/kids get out of the house, your going to be driving here around since she wants out of the house, and unless you want to dive her sedan, then you may arrangements to take what every pet she want to take on the rides so you can take the vet.

Trust me, come the house of fire kind of times, your own your own to fend for yourself, and it will be her pets that she saves isntead.
Hence you have life insurance policy and with you gone, she has free range to "Date" the pool boy openly from that point forward, and with her pets still, that give her unconditional love.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 AM
millsy
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I always knew vettes were ***** magnets, not sure this counts though!!!
Old 01-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
A single lad above, and once he gets married, will learn that if the wife is not happy, then neither are you.

Also going to learn that when the wife and you retire/kids get out of the house, your going to be driving here around since she wants out of the house, and unless you want to dive her sedan, then you may arrangements to take what every pet she want to take on the rides so you can take the vet.

Trust me, come the house of fire kind of times, your own your own to fend for yourself, and it will be her pets that she saves isntead.
Hence you have life insurance policy and with you gone, she has free range to "Date" the pool boy openly from that point forward, and with her pets still, that give her unconditional love.

Ok 1st not a single lad. I've got two awesome sons who are both in the US Air Force. Couldn't be any prouder of my children. The ex (23 years together) let's just say had her issues which I tried for the last 10 years to get her help definitely picked the pets. So yup agree with you on the she would have saved them over kids and me. Henceforth I got the kids when I divorced her. Any spouse that has such an attachment to an animal that puts them over their spouse or children is someone that needs professional help. In the end if the husband is not happy, he takes the kids and leaves the spouse who can keep the pets and all the **** that comes with them. Maybe one day they'll get the help they need but that is not an environment one can normally handle for long.

If I divorced her then how am I not single? I am very fortunate that the wonderful woman (my wife) hunted me down on FB. We went to high school together back in the late 80s. We are definitely a blessed couple.

So if anyone out there is dealing with a pet loving, spouse/child ignoring spouse get your spouse some help. Remember this though, You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it.
In that even you need to make a decision for your own happiness and your children. Stay or Go. I made my decision and never looked back.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 AM
pure zen
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

What are you out of your friggin mind? It's a damn cat. Leave it the hell at home. It's not a kid and let's see what can you expect from it. ****, Puke, Crap, Shedding and who knows what else. If you want a mobile kennel then go for it. But that's just my opinion.

Possible options:
Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2018, 12:59 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dano523

Dano, that was great. Lots of personality in that reply, and the last paragraph had me rolling. Exactly why I do not have life insurance...I've taken care of the "disposal fees", and don't want anyone throwing parties on my dime.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:03 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Stay or Go. I made my decision and never looked back.
Ahhh, the elemental question so perfectly framed by The Clash...Should I Stay, Or Should I Go?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:15 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,157 Posts

We've got 2 cats, but they don't travel. We've always been fortunate enough to get someone to look in and care for them when we've away. Lots of cat owners and cat-friendly people in the neighborhood.

Been married 40 years now, 45 with the wind chill.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 882 Posts

Ok 1st not a single lad. I've got two awesome sons who are both in the US Air Force. Couldn't be any prouder of my children. The ex (23 years together) let's just say had her issues which I tried for the last 10 years to get her help definitely picked the pets. So yup agree with you on the she would have saved them over kids and me. Henceforth I got the kids when I divorced her. Any spouse that has such an attachment to an animal that puts them over their spouse or children is someone that needs professional help. In the end if the husband is not happy, he takes the kids and leaves the spouse who can keep the pets and all the **** that comes with them. Maybe one day they'll get the help they need but that is not an environment one can normally handle for long.

If I divorced her then how am I not single? I am very fortunate that the wonderful woman (my wife) hunted me down on FB. We went to high school together back in the late 80s. We are definitely a blessed couple.

So if anyone out there is dealing with a pet loving, spouse/child ignoring spouse get your spouse some help. Remember this though, You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink it.
In that even you need to make a decision for your own happiness and your children. Stay or Go. I made my decision and never looked back.
As a "big picture" guy, I totally agree with this. And it goes deep. But as for getting "help," the problem is that most "professionals" will likely side with the kook patient. They are in the same ideological boat.

In the past 10-20 years, Americans have gone off the deep end regarding animals. They are often treated better than kids, and people even openly admit that. (Disclaimer: I have two cats which I got 13 years ago for rodent control, which they excel at. They are also great pets).

Western culture, which was based on Judeo-Christian values, is destroying itself from within. It isn't news nor a secret, but this was started and is being pushed along by the political left: just look at what kids are taught in school and college -- all of which is under firm control by the left.

The reproduction rate in many western countries is below the point to sustain themselves.

"We" take better care of animals of a different species than we do our own offspring -- which is against the primal instincts of any creature. I've met people in the past who openly admitted they would swerve into a person in the road to avoid hitting an animal.

As for the above, who is more intelligent: Your average American or a mother bear?
Old 01-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bruze
As a "big picture" guy, I totally agree with this. And it goes deep. But as for getting "help," the problem is that most "professionals" will likely side with the kook patient. They are in the same ideological boat.

In the past 10-20 years, Americans have gone off the deep end regarding animals. They are often treated better than kids, and people even openly admit that. (Disclaimer: I have two cats which I got 13 years ago for rodent control, which they excel at. They are also great pets).

Western culture, which was based on Judeo-Christian values, is destroying itself from within. It isn't news nor a secret, but this was started and is being pushed along by the political left: just look at what kids are taught in school and college -- all of which is under firm control by the left.

The reproduction rate in many western countries is below the point to sustain themselves.

"We" take better care of animals of a different species than we do our own offspring -- which is against the primal instincts of any creature. I've met people in the past who openly admitted they would swerve into a person in the road to avoid hitting an animal.

As for the above, who is more intelligent: Your average American or a mother bear?
I couldn't agree more with you.
An odd feeling I had last year while in Texas. I felt like I was in a place where people have a can do attitude and not this East coat mentality of entitlement lazy do it for me BS ATTITUDE.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

I couldn't agree more with you.
An odd feeling I had last year while in Texas. I felt like I was in a place where people have a can do attitude and not this East coat mentality of entitlement lazy do it for me BS ATTITUDE.
It's nice to know it still exists SOMEWHERE in this country.

Actually, here in rural NYS we are still basically crime-free, and most people are still fairly "normal." But the cultural rot coming from the big cities is slowly creeping in.

Oh well, I've only got another 10-15 years to worry about it.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:14 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 547 Likes on 385 Posts

Really. All these posts and no one wants to check out the *****.
Post your ***** cat up lol

Old 01-08-2018, 04:37 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Brother and sister Siamese
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

I see a thing of beauty.
And the cat sees...
Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 PM
NYC-Style
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
Who rides in the trunk? 'Wifey' or cat?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:09 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 547 Likes on 385 Posts

I see a thing of beauty.
And the cat sees...

Man I wish I trained my cat to do this.
My cat is very smart. She ain’t allowed in the living room and bedroom
She knows her boundaries.

Get notified of new replies

To Cat Carrying C6

Old 01-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Really. All these posts and no one wants to check out the *****.
Post your ***** cat up lol

My above-mentioned cats (littermates), taken in 2005:

Name:  ZQyvShN.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  gSVVoge.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  27.6 KB

Catnip! A couple years ago:

Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master