C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Garage Works

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Mshannon
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Company is working harder than ever and have done over 100+ corvette wheels. Talk with him on live chat he literally works 10-12 hours a day pumping out product half of these guys have no idea how much stuff he really produces even for other vendors.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Mshannon
God your so full of **** it makes me nauseous and you were refunded.
Hey there, did we find SoCal Garage Works? Looks like that's all the threads you're commenting in.

If so send me my ******* air bag cover that I orded three ******* years ago that you quit responding to emails about you piece of ****.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

Actually he sells a lot of corvette wheels and I know this because I make them with him. You guys can bash him all you want but he produces more wheels for more cars than any company in this industry and for dealerships and for private label other companies. I am not here to support some of the customer service issues. However if you have ever held one of his wheels or even driven with one of his wheels you will know that patience and understanding and not being a fucken ***** to him will get you a lot farther with him. Every company has there ups and downs and finding good customer service reps is not easy. He has live chat on his site so that he can make sure everyone is handled. Who the **** uses a phone anymore get off your high horse. Use the live chat and I am sure you will be answered within a 1-2 minute time frame. There isn't always someone sitting by the phone to answer your calls. Also have you ever thought that these are hand made this isn't walmart where it is sitting on a shelf. You don't like the wait you don't like being patient go order someplace else where the wheels are premade and everyone has the same one.
God your so full of **** it makes me nauseous and you were refunded.

This is so incredibly unprofessional and looks terrible for the company. There's better ways to handle criticism and unhappy customers, and this is textbook opposite..

Last edited by Narddog; 09-14-2019 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
doomi (09-14-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 09:16 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Actually he sells a lot of corvette wheels and I know this because I make them with him. You guys can bash him all you want but he produces more wheels for more cars than any company in this industry and for dealerships and for private label other companies. I am not here to support some of the customer service issues. However if you have ever held one of his wheels or even driven with one of his wheels you will know that patience and understanding and not being a fucken ***** to him will get you a lot farther with him. Every company has there ups and downs and finding good customer service reps is not easy. He has live chat on his site so that he can make sure everyone is handled. Who the **** uses a phone anymore get off your high horse. Use the live chat and I am sure you will be answered within a 1-2 minute time frame. There isn't always someone sitting by the phone to answer your calls. Also have you ever thought that these are hand made this isn't walmart where it is sitting on a shelf. You don't like the wait you don't like being patient go order someplace else where the wheels are premade and everyone has the same one.
I did order some place else, and I paid more and I got it in the exact time frame I was told. Good customer service is important, it is the backbone of any business, he didn't get mine because of it. I got mine from Vasiliy in Russia at RFE Designs. For you to come in and use vulgar language and bitch out people for being upset at being told one thing and then waiting months longer, just shows why people should not order from him. Everyone, contact RFE designs for your wheels, he makes the absolute best steering wheels out there.
Here is my wheel from RFE Designs, NOT off a Walmart Shelf and IS hand made, and IS amazing quality and they DO have good response time to questions and realistic ship times.

Last edited by mcandrew67; 09-16-2019 at 09:33 AM.
wjnjr (09-17-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

I don't typically jump into these types of disagreements but I will make an exception.

Before I bought from SoCal Garage, I researched the reviews and read through some of the complaints. It was obvious to me that the guy did not like to be pestered. When someone kept at him, things shut down. I wouldn't choose to handle clients like SoCal but I wasn't going to spend 2k for something I could get for 500.00 either. Since there were enough positive reviews and he had obviously delivered plenty of wheels, I bought from them. I let him do his thing, didn't bug him and got an incredible wheel.

Another CF member PM'd me asking about the complaints. He had the same hunch I did but wanted to confirm. He had no issues getting his wheel.

Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld soup **** episode. If you gave the cook grief, you were out. Not the way I would do business but then I was in no rush and could read between the lines. Nothing wrong with expecting regular communication/updates on progress if that's what you are looking for but it wasn't that important to me.

I ordered an e-brake from RFE design that was a nice looking piece. The guy was nice as well but the handle broke on install. I've changed out my e-brake and leather boots at least 4 times so I knew what I was doing. It was just brittle. I fixed it but for the price, I expected better quality. His steering wheels look nice though.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:00 AM
0RFEdesign
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I did order some place else, and I paid more and I got it in the exact time frame I was told. Good customer service is important, it is the backbone of any business, he didn't get mine because of it. I got mine from Vasiliy in Russia at RFE Designs. For you to come in and use vulgar language and bitch out people for being upset at being told one thing and then waiting months longer, just shows why people should not order from him. Everyone, contact RFE designs for your wheels, he makes the absolute best steering wheels out there.
Here is my wheel from RFE Designs, NOT off a Walmart Shelf and IS hand made, and IS amazing quality and they DO have good response time to questions and realistic ship times.
David, thanks for these words, I do my best appreciate that.

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
I don't typically jump into these types of disagreements but I will make an exception.

Before I bought from SoCal Garage, I researched the reviews and read through some of the complaints. It was obvious to me that the guy did not like to be pestered. When someone kept at him, things shut down. I wouldn't choose to handle clients like SoCal but I wasn't going to spend 2k for something I could get for 500.00 either. Since there were enough positive reviews and he had obviously delivered plenty of wheels, I bought from them. I let him do his thing, didn't bug him and got an incredible wheel.

Another CF member PM'd me asking about the complaints. He had the same hunch I did but wanted to confirm. He had no issues getting his wheel.

Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld soup **** episode. If you gave the cook grief, you were out. Not the way I would do business but then I was in no rush and could read between the lines. Nothing wrong with expecting regular communication/updates on progress if that's what you are looking for but it wasn't that important to me.

I ordered an e-brake from RFE design that was a nice looking piece. The guy was nice as well but the handle broke on install. I've changed out my e-brake and leather boots at least 4 times so I knew what I was doing. It was just brittle. I fixed it but for the price, I expected better quality. His steering wheels look nice though.
Troy, thanks for your response, sorry to hear that you had issues with a handle. Just curious why you did not contact me on this issue? First of all it is kinda quality control for me to know that something went wrong in a production process and secondly it is warranty covered so if it is weak built I'd replace it with new piece.

Thanks
Vasiliy
wjnjr (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by RFEdesign
Troy, thanks for your response, sorry to hear that you had issues with a handle. Just curious why you did not contact me on this issue? First of all it is kinda quality control for me to know that something went wrong in a production process and secondly it is warranty covered so if it is weak built I'd replace it with new piece.

Thanks
Vasiliy
I appreciate that but I wanted it installed for a few shows I had coming up and didn't want to wait on shipping. Also it didn't arrive damaged, it cracked during install. It’s doubtful something went wrong in production. The anchor point is rigid vs. stock thus more prone to breaking. I made it work but am careful not to pull on the handle too hard.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

I just want to reiterate what a COMPLETE FAILURE SoCal did in providing:
1. Communication - Only communication received was after multiple attempts and only received responses after threatening to cancel order (I ended up doing this after all)
2. Integrity - Was promised multiple delivery dates, none of which occurred. Waited about a year before cancelling my order that was promised in 8 weeks.
3. Product Ordered - Sent the wrong steering wheel - after I discussed directly with them what wheel I needed.
4. Honesty - Straight up lied to my credit card company when I disputed the transaction. I had to spend hours of MY time proving that the steering wheel was returned to them.

I'm surprised they are still in business.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:16 PM
3holer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharing my experience with So-Cal for those considering them as an option. Wheel showed up at the door this week and I have to say, the quality and workmanship is absolutely top shelf. Order was placed mid-December of 2019 and it was communicated up front, that the holidays would likely increase typical manufacturing/delivery times. The original commitment date came and went (late-February) however, my email inquiry was immediately returned by Greg with an explanation (COVID driven) for the delay, along with a pic of my completed wheel. He assured me it would ship in the next 2 weeks and he was true to his word.

Prior to placing the order, I did review every forum post, review, etc. I could find, the majority of complaints being that of duration between order and delivery. Very few related to quality of work. I was in no hurry and it was clear that if you were, you were likely to be disappointed. Out of the 3-4 emails and texts Greg and I exchanged, they were all pleasant and professional.

Thought I'd share as it's typical to find the majority of consumer posts on the web to be negative in nature. I doubt many take the time to share a positive experience when quite honestly, that's what we all expect. The reality is... that's just not reality. Working in a business where you interface with the general public, some transactions just turn into a s***show, regardless. Thankfully, mine was not.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:48 PM
Elcruz82
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I bought from both SoCal and RPE design

Originally Posted by Narddog
This is so incredibly unprofessional and looks terrible for the company. There's better ways to handle criticism and unhappy customers, and this is textbook opposite..

I bought steering wheel from SoCal garage works for my C6 and it took me 4 months to get and when I did get it it was wrong (had perforated leather which wasn’t a big deal) and RPE design colored gauges which I ordered in Feb and still haven’t received.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:47 PM
fashcham
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
********** If you have chrome trim on your steering wheel around the controls, it's a completely different steering wheel than the 2005 - 2010 wheels without the chrome. I ordered this one without chrome trim (05-10) and it one doesn't work on my 2012 Grand Sport. Starting over.............
Sorry to be a thread digger here, but do you mean the older wheel design he's selling is not going to slap on to the 2012+ models? I have a 2013 base A6 obviously with the chrome trim and he told me if I am not set on the keeping the chrome trim I could order the older style (with the CF plates on each side) and it would still work.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

The steering wheel buttons won't fit and don't operate the same way. I will caution you on dealing with SoCal. They are liars and scam artists. They will lie to PayPal and your credit card company to get your money and send you the wrong product. I gave them 1 1/2 years and three tries to get it right only to have to fight to get my money back.

Look up RFEDesign (his name is Vasily) on here. He does great work and won't scam you. Link below:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ing-wheel.html
RFEdesign (11-04-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

You would also have to purchase the back plate for the older steering wheel as it is different.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:36 AM
fashcham
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
You would also have to purchase the back plate for the older steering wheel as it is different.
So basically someone with an old wheel can upgrade to the 2012 wheel no issues but doesn't go the same way if I have a 2012 wheel and going with an older style?
Old 12-22-2020, 12:36 AM
fashcham
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by fashcham
So basically someone with an old wheel can upgrade to the 2012 wheel no issues but doesn't go the same way if I have a 2012 wheel and going with an older style?
Got mine after 7 weeks. Gonna see how it fits on the 2013 come install time.

Quick Reply: SoCal Garage Works