C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:45 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Then again, guys, think of how great we ALL have it that people parking near us is troubling enough to us that we spark a 3-page thread which still burns brightly.

I think we all need to keep in mind how thankful we should be that we consider this one of Life's Problems.
Well thats a very nobel thought to be sure and i'm very thankful for what I have. But being considerate to your fellow man/woman shouldn't be becoming a lost art no matter how lucky some of us are......
Old 11-02-2017, 06:47 PM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Then again, guys, think of how great we ALL have it that people parking near us is troubling enough to us that we spark a 3-page thread which still burns brightly.

I think we all need to keep in mind how thankful we should be that we consider this one of Life's Problems.
True, honestly I am happy to have my Corvette, it's likely with me for life. When the C6 came out I was just starting highschool and I never dreamed I could afford to own one. Here I am today with a like new C6 that I drive every day. I'm very thankful for everything I have which is why I treat my vehicles very well even my aging 85 chevy truck (which is due for some major rust repair) that was passed from my mom to me and some day to my children. Not everyone can be as blessed as I have been and for that I am thankful.

Thank you for some prospective.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 PM
ibgolfr
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingbunnys
True, honestly I am happy to have my Corvette, it's likely with me for life. When the C6 came out I was just starting highschool and I never dreamed I could afford to own one. Here I am today with a like new C6 that I drive every day. I'm very thankful for everything I have which is why I treat my vehicles very well even my aging 85 chevy truck (which is due for some major rust repair) that was passed from my mom to me and some day to my children. Not everyone can be as blessed as I have been and for that I am thankful.

Thank you for some prospective.
Nicely put...............
Old 11-02-2017, 07:13 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Well thats a very nobel thought to be sure and i'm very thankful for what I have. But being considerate to your fellow man/woman shouldn't be becoming a lost art no matter how lucky some of us are......
Hey, were i the OP, I’d have been annoyed at the prank but looking with perspective, it was just a prank that didn’t harm his car.

As to many other comments here, what folks care about varies. I know that most folks, even with new expensive cars, don’t care about parking lot dings so I do what the OP does - park far out unless I’m on my bike. I’ve never had the OP’s experience, sure, but realize that 99% of those out there don’t give a &#^#^ about their cars so I need to do the caring work for them.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:53 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Hey, were i the OP, I’d have been annoyed at the prank but looking with perspective, it was just a prank that didn’t harm his car.

As to many other comments here, what folks care about varies. I know that most folks, even with new expensive cars, don’t care about parking lot dings so I do what the OP does - park far out unless I’m on my bike. I’ve never had the OP’s experience, sure, but realize that 99% of those out there don’t give a &#^#^ about their cars so I need to do the caring work for them.
Well I agree completely with your assessment of having to do the other peoples caring for them. But it seemed as though you were suggesting that since not having any consideration for other people is becoming so prevalent that it's OK. It shouldn't matter how much our society changes or how bad it gets, being considerate to others should never become out of favor.....
Old 11-03-2017, 10:55 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Actually, I'd lean toward 99% that DO care about their cars and the cars of others. However, they might not be considerate about how they park as long as they can get in or out of their car. If 99% didn't care, you'd see nearly every car beat to crap by the time they were 5 years old. I hear soccer moms telling their kids to be careful of the other cars in the parking lot. But strangely, with more than 250K miles on my two cars (both DD) which have been driven all over the county, the only parking lot damage was a door ding by a tech at the Cadillac dealer during a "free" oil change. Of course, they claimed it was there beforehand.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:41 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 885 Likes on 575 Posts

I park out in the boonies. If the parking lot has a downhill slope I try to hide behind an island if possible.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

On the topic of wal-mart, any time I have to go there, I park on the side at the oil change place and walk through from the back. No cart returns, therefore, no carts usually. Most people don't park there unless they are getting oil changes and stuff.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Red_
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Mix in with everyone else and you'll most likely never have a problem.
False. You'll have many cosmetic issues with your car eventually. I always park away & don't have issues. Just take 1 spot & don't park like an ahole.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:35 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

That place is so depressing and over crowded with strange looking/acting people. What is the appeal?

Maybe it's because I live in a city with other choices to shop, but I would rather pay more money in a different store than shop there. Starting with the parking, there are many cons, but very few pros to shop there.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:38 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by windyC6
Well I agree completely with your assessment of having to do the other peoples caring for them. But it seemed as though you were suggesting that since not having any consideration for other people is becoming so prevalent that it's OK. It shouldn't matter how much our society changes or how bad it gets, being considerate to others should never become out of favor.....
Nothing to be done for it. It's the changing demographics. I just returned from Costco. Due to few cashiers, the lines were huge. The response from customers was to help the cashiers speed things up. Anybody with few items were asked to go to the front of the line.

Queues which take 25 minutes to clear at places like a big city Safeway cleared instead in 10 minutes due to the customers helping each other. All the customers were white and over 35.

Oh, that likely had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by dryadsdad; 11-03-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:59 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Nothing to be done for it. It's the changing demographics. I just returned from Costco. Due to few cashiers, the lines were huge. The response from customers was to help the cashiers speed things up. Anybody with few items were asked to go to the front of the line.

Queues which take 25 minutes to clear at places like a big city Safeway cleared instead in 10 minutes due to the customers helping each other. All the customers were white and over 35.

Oh, that likely had nothing to do with it.
LOL......understood and agreed.......but be careful, social media may want to spank you....
Old 11-06-2017, 09:49 PM
RMWV
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wal Mart parking policy

Recently went to Wal Mart in my DD Jeep. Pulled in and parked and sat there for a few moments to let the radio talk show finish. "Lady" came out with a buggy, pushed it between my Jeep and her car , unloaded it and left it there. OK, I thought, got out of the Jeep and moved the cart to the front of her car and walked off. Her language was very entertaining. I would also note that the buggy pen was just across the aisle form her car. Think I will make that SOP for me.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:48 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAV
Big, wide, close parking spaces but I wouldn't wish the need for a handicapped parking placard for anyone. My mother and father-in-law both have and need them.
I am a disabled veteran and have the handicapped tags, my Escalade has been hit in the driver and passenger side rear in a week, two different times, both did damage and the people that hit it drove off, no note, nothing. So I agree with people today being ******** and they don't have any respect for anything.
The following users liked this post:
WKM (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 11:07 AM
ibgolfr
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
I am a disabled veteran and have the handicapped tags, my Escalade has been hit in the driver and passenger side rear in a week, two different times, both did damage and the people that hit it drove off, no note, nothing. So I agree with people today being ******** and they don't have any respect for anything.
It is a sorry reflection on what so many are becoming....and I fear it is just the tip of an ugly iceberg.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM
mhatton222
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Moral of the story, don't take your Vette to Wal or K Mart!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:52 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GhostC6

The people who did this didn't know you were a disabled vet, did they? They had no way of knowing.

What I see here, despite us having a huge vet population many of whom are disabled, are legions of folks having nothing wrong with them other than being hugely fat.

It's not just fat. I know a guy at the gym who parks legally in a disabled spot. He enters the gym, changes and then hits the treadmill. I ribbed him about it and he just smiled.

Regs here demand many crippled spaces at every business even places like motorcycle dealerships. I cannot remember seeing any of them used by anybody I could imagine being a disabled vet. They're all fat broads (and that guy) faking disability to free ride on the system.

Yeah, that guy at the gym is on disability.

Last edited by dryadsdad; 11-08-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Feckin a$$holes!!!!

Old 11-08-2017, 03:45 PM
CRUSHAH
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD
Damnit. Now I have to buy a "Walmart run" car.
Yean, grab you a good beater for 500 bucks.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 11-08-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

The people who did this didn't know you were a disabled vet, did they? They had no way of knowing.

What I see here, despite us having a huge vet population many of whom are disabled, are legions of folks having nothing wrong with them other than being hugely fat.

It's not just fat. I know a guy at the gym who parks legally in a disabled spot. He enters the gym, changes and then hits the treadmill. I ribbed him about it and he just smiled.

Regs here demand many crippled spaces at every business even places like motorcycle dealerships. I cannot remember seeing any of them used by anybody I could imagine being a disabled vet. They're all fat broads (and that guy) faking disability to free ride on the system.

Yeah, that guy at the gym is on disability.
Your x-ray vision must be strong. As a disabled veteran myself, often times we look and act no different than anyone else. But assuming someone is healthy and not disabled just because they work out on a treadmill is ignorant. I mean that as in ignorant of what disability they might have. I did not find the disability system to be easy to "game" or anything of the sort....
Old 11-08-2017, 04:35 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
Your x-ray vision must be strong. As a disabled veteran myself, often times we look and act no different than anyone else. But assuming someone is healthy and not disabled just because they work out on a treadmill is ignorant. I mean that as in ignorant of what disability they might have. I did not find the disability system to be easy to "game" or anything of the sort....
Just being curious. But if someone can walk a few miles on a treadmill, why would they need to park in a handicap spot near the building? Are they using the treadmill in a manner that is different than walking from their vehicle?

Quick Reply: Feckin a$$holes!!!!