C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 service manuals as PDF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 09:16 PM
FelixAC
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 service manuals as PDF?

Hello,
2 weeks ago I bought a C6 (2010), my first corvette ;-)
Now I'm looking or the service manuals as PDF, does anyone have them or knows were to get. PDF not book, so I can always look on my phone and search for things.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by FelixAC
Hello,
2 weeks ago I bought a C6 (2010), my first corvette ;-)
Now I'm looking or the service manuals as PDF, does anyone have them or knows were to get. PDF not book, so I can always look on my phone and search for things.
Thanks
Try Zip Corvette.com a vendor on this forum. I purchased the hard copy of the factory manual from them that consisted of a 4 volume set that were each the size of a big city telephone book. I believe they also have them in CD or DVD format.

Last edited by Icecap; 09-30-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:30 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

There are aftermarket manuals created by people who reverse engineer a car but the only GM manuals are the ones sold by Helm http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_s...&class%5F2=CHV. But there are a lot of places that also sell the Helm manual. For a 2010, buying directly from Helm is much less expensive than Zip. And there are no official digital copies though lots of illegal poor quality rip-offs.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:52 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Over the entire run of the C6 ('05-'13), I've read of people buying pdf, and cd's of the real thing by Helm's set of manuals, some that actually SAY they are Helm's but are not. Invariably, it is a bad choice, with material left out, poor readability quality, etc. In other words, a waste of money even tho it is less expensive than the real thing.

If you can find better, or at least equivalent to the real thing* from a source on the internet today, I say buy it (don't forget, caveat emptor). But from what I've read on here it doesn't exist, and in that respect, FT. Morgan AL is correct.

*of course, how do you compare it to the real Helms if you don't own a copy--that might be a problem?

Last edited by AORoads; 10-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jimang (03-21-2021)
Old 10-02-2017, 04:28 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 590 Posts

I was quite surprised to find the C6 shop manuals only available as a massive set of 4 heavy books. I've owned older cars that the manuals were only available as PDF. Factory PDF's are great as they are usually linked backwards and forwards and indexed beautifully.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
There are aftermarket manuals created by people who reverse engineer a car but the only GM manuals are the ones sold by Helm http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_s...&class%5F2=CHV. But there are a lot of places that also sell the Helm manual. For a 2010, buying directly from Helm is much less expensive than Zip. And there are no official digital copies though lots of illegal poor quality rip-offs.
I was curious and went to the Helms website since I wasn't aware that they are the supplier of the only authentic GM manuals. I did a search and they only have the hard copy paper manuals for a 2010 or all of the C6 series. There are no CD DVD or USB Thumb drive manuals available. I also found it interesting that all of their C6 manuals are $200 where as Zip Corvettes C6 manuals vary in price from $210 to $300 depending on the year. I must have lucked out since my 2007 manual was their lowest priced and only $10 more than Helm.

I also checked Bentley Publication that publishes a lot of factory type manuals in paper and DVD format with an annual online subscription service but they only go to 2001 for Corvettes.

Last edited by Icecap; 10-02-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dr_gallup
I was quite surprised to find the C6 shop manuals only available as a massive set of 4 heavy books. ...
I totally agree. I know I would pay more for a pdf set than the paper set. They are missing a large market EXCEPT, if they are in pdf form they are very easy to copy/steal. Instead of selling thousands of copies they would only sell dozens. Thank you millennials. If you build it they will come. If it's free I won't build it.

Originally Posted by Icecap
...I also found it interesting that all of their C6 manuals are $200 where as Zip Corvettes C6 manuals vary in price from $210 to $300 depending on the year. I must have lucked out since my 2007 manual was their lowest priced and only $10 more than Helm....
I bought my set from Helm when my year was first released and found the next day a forum vendor had them for $10 less. It pays to shop around.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:14 AM
minimax2004
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service manual for 2017 Z06?

Where can I buy Service Manual for Corvette 2017?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:47 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by minimax2004
Where can I buy Service Manual for Corvette 2017?
Welcome to the forum. This is the C6 section and there is a C7 section to better answer future questions. Make a note to fill out your profile and include your city or state.

Your Owner's Manual has a direct source for Service Manuals, usually printed toward the last few pages. Otherwise, contact Helms or your local dealer for information.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:59 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

In this day and age, I'd think that all service manuals should be free on the internet.

You buy the car, you should have the factory data to maintain it.
The following 3 users liked this post by LowRyter:
Dutch08 (12-30-2017), GreyPoupon? (08-13-2023), sam-garcia (12-15-2023)
Old 12-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRyter
In this day and age, I'd think that all service manuals should be free on the internet.

YES Exactly!!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:50 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In this day and age where a malfunctioning radio can keep a car from starting, having a service manual written for a trained technician with access to all the factory tools is almost worthless for an owner to have. You can find the maintenance info geared to DIYers on forums like this.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:48 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Is this the PDF you are looking for? Link Here

Last edited by jdvann; 12-30-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 PM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jdvann
Is this the PDF you are looking for? Link Here
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Did you read the description and use some common sense? "Covers 6.0 and 7.0 engines. If you do not see a specific section on your year,please remember Corvettes do not change much from year to year.Only cosmetics usually,so just look for what you need under a different year in the manual." "This manual is 2007 specific but will also work for the years listed 2005-2013" Ya, there's not much difference between an LS2 and and LS3.

This is some guy who could have gotten the manuals from a public library, illegally took some pictures, burned a disk, and is selling CDs as fast as he can before the real creator of the manuals catches up with him. There are NO legal PDF copies of the service manuals. Helm is the only publisher and they do no create PDF versions of these manuals.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:50 PM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Just increase the price of every car by $200 and that can easily be done. Or if making everyone pay to create manuals that only a few will use seems excessive, just make the manuals an option. Oh, wait, they ARE an option you can buy if you understand basic economics. Hint: make them free and they won't exist at all. Someone has to pay to create them.

Last edited by FortMorganAl; 12-31-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:09 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Did you read the description and use some common sense? "Covers 6.0 and 7.0 engines. If you do not see a specific section on your year,please remember Corvettes do not change much from year to year.Only cosmetics usually,so just look for what you need under a different year in the manual." "This manual is 2007 specific but will also work for the years listed 2005-2013" Ya, there's not much difference between an LS2 and and LS3.

This is some guy who could have gotten the manuals from a public library, illegally took some pictures, burned a disk, and is selling CDs as fast as he can before the real creator of the manuals catches up with him. There are NO legal PDF copies of the service manuals. Helm is the only publisher and they do no create PDF versions of these manuals.
Not sure what is so funny...I did not buy the disk, only shared the link for the OP. Makes no difference to me as I have access to the Online data base.

Last edited by jdvann; 12-31-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:29 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Why share the link if you read and understood the description. Wouldn't it be funny if I shared a link where you could buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 service manuals as PDF?

Old 01-01-2018, 10:40 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Why share the link if you read and understood the description. Wouldn't it be funny if I shared a link where you could buy the Brooklyn Bridge?
It's up to the OP if this info is useful, based on advice from people like you he can make up his on mind. The link takes you to an advertised set of tech data in PDF...since I have not seen the content of the files I can not comment further.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:05 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

So if all manuals are free, who is going to pay the salaries of the engineers that spend months on end compiling, authoring, and verifying the content for the manuals.

Everybody these days seems to think everything should be given away for free. Software, music, data, etc etc, yet these same folks still want to be able to have a job and provide for their own family.

When folks stop paying for services, what typically happens is those services dry up and go away.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:52 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by CSixDude
So if all manuals are free, who is going to pay the salaries of the engineers that spend months on end compiling, authoring, and verifying the content for the manuals.

Everybody these days seems to think everything should be given away for free. Software, music, data, etc etc, yet these same folks still want to be able to have a job and provide for their own family.

When folks stop paying for services, what typically happens is those services dry up and go away.

When my business quit manufacturing specific products, I honored the guarantee for the time stated and the free service ended then too. I still provide limited verbal tech support, but documentation costs extra and service is no longer available. At some point everything will go away. I quit VHS tape versions 15 years ago.

Buy what manuals you need now. Get the paper version, since print technology will outlive the car.

Good luck on trying to find and read the one page on your phone that you need out of the thousands available. There's no such thing as a glovebox, but you can find an IPC if you know what that is and where to look. Most reference some other page, so opening multiple pages will be a PITA to read or follow on a pocket size screen.

Quick Reply: C6 service manuals as PDF?