C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:16 AM
silverbullit99
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Bluetooth question

Hi ,, another question.. I have a 2012 base model.. do they all have bluetooth installed as a standard ? I have a regular radio system, no nav deck system. My option sheet says it has bluetooth, where is it !
I would like to connect my iPhone in the car for hands free driving..

Any thoughts.. thanks

Old 07-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

You don't have Bluetooth according to the steering wheel. You see that left side of it that has a blank surface (opposite side of radio controls)? You would have Bluetooth controls there for hands free calling. I believe Bluetooth is part of the 2LT package and you appear to have a 1LT.

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-27-2017 at 09:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
silverbullit99 (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Pull out your user manual (it's in the glove box, or should be) and it has a section on how to connect to it.

You can also download a PDF version of your manual on chevy's site, or look in the FAQ sticky on this site.

High level, you pair it using the buttons on your steering wheel, just like you pair any other device to your phone.

I have an iPhone 6 paired to my 2011, and it is limited to what it can do. My Windows 8 phone would do a lot more.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:47 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Like already mentioned, according to your steering wheel you do not have bluetooth.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:47 PM
spuddeamore
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can spend 8 bucks or more and buy a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the 3.5mm stereo plug and turn the radio function to aux...I have bought one myself but haven't tried it out yet.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:56 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I would of assumed all 2012 models came equipped with bluetooth. GM has always been difficult with bluetooth and reluctant to add them to their cars because they were always pushing for people to buy minutes and phone service through their OnStar system which wasn't practical for most applications. I also remember car shopping in 2008 and the GM models I looked at were the only ones that didn't have bluetooth.

To the OP, I saw one of your posts in the audio section. My advice is to go aftermarket and buy a new head unit. It will give you bluetooth, bluetooth streaming, apple carplay, navigation if you want it, better sound, back up camera, so on and so forth. The options are endless. I have a pioneer and I have the corvette logo come up on start up and also a corvette themed background while the head unit is on. It's also relatively easy to do, including the back up camera which is a big plus. I did a little research and then did the install in one afternoon in my garage. Best mod you could do IMO. I also have a 2012 GS, but I had the navigation system which i couldn't stand. Looked so dated and missing many functions and sound quality. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:14 PM
silverbullit99
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by spuddeamore
You can spend 8 bucks or more and buy a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the 3.5mm stereo plug and turn the radio function to aux...I have bought one myself but haven't tried it out yet.
Good idea... might try that
Old 07-28-2017, 01:18 PM
silverbullit99
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I would of assumed all 2012 models came equipped with bluetooth. GM has always been difficult with bluetooth and reluctant to add them to their cars because they were always pushing for people to buy minutes and phone service through their OnStar system which wasn't practical for most applications. I also remember car shopping in 2008 and the GM models I looked at were the only ones that didn't have bluetooth.

To the OP, I saw one of your posts in the audio section. My advice is to go aftermarket and buy a new head unit. It will give you bluetooth, bluetooth streaming, apple carplay, navigation if you want it, better sound, back up camera, so on and so forth. The options are endless. I have a pioneer and I have the corvette logo come up on start up and also a corvette themed background while the head unit is on. It's also relatively easy to do, including the back up camera which is a big plus. I did a little research and then did the install in one afternoon in my garage. Best mod you could do IMO. I also have a 2012 GS, but I had the navigation system which i couldn't stand. Looked so dated and missing many functions and sound quality. Just my 2 cents.

I did notice that there was no bluetooth buttons on my steering wheel, but on the options list from the dealer it shows as it has bluetooth, figured it may be setup somewhere else. but I guess the dealer added it in error.. thanks for the reply

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth question

Quick Reply: Bluetooth question