C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaded oil pressure sensor question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Mr. West
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaded oil pressure sensor question...

Hello All,

Looking for some wiring advise.

I got the dreaded oil pressure sensor pinned at 80psi, spent a damn good amount of time getting the sensor out and new one in...ran into an issue as the connector wouldn't plug in. I have 2007 C6 (originally LS2) but swopped to a LS3. I know I should have checked first but didn't and now it's in there and I don't want to pull it back out and replace with a LS2 sensor.

QUESTION, is it possible to just change out the pigtail with the LS3 plug in instead of having to pull the sensor back out???

Thanks in advance for your knowledge!
Old 07-04-2017, 08:10 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I can't help you woth swapping out the pigtail. But I can tell you how I did my 07. Remove the wiper arms,remove the 2 screws holding the windshield cowl then lift up and remove the washer lines. Then remove cowl (it just slides back and up once the ends are freed. I took a drimmel and cut a hole in the fiberglass support panel above the sending unit.
But a thinwall socket made for oil pressure sending unit and remove unit. Used metal duct tape to cover hole then put cowl back on. Can't see the hole.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:54 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

I wouldn't take a chance that the 2 different senders would interchange.. If the 2 senders are different on the outside, what makes you think they're not different internally...I would just put the LS2 sender in that you can plug the wires into and avoid a problem...Just my 2 cents...WW

Last edited by WW7; 07-04-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,643 Posts

The intake manifold comes of soooooo easyyyyyy
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Dreaded oil pressure sensor question...

Quick Reply: Dreaded oil pressure sensor question...