C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 vs Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

I have only driven a base camaro and I liked it, but I can't imagine that the SS package can come close to even a base vette for handling, performance, etc.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:38 PM
grayline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Camaro You can't see a Fu>king out of that thing...
Old 02-20-2017, 08:43 PM
GSTexas
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

X2. Its really bad!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:32 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by grayline
The Camaro You can't see a Fu>king out of that thing...
I drove a rental Camaro for a week and drove it 256 miles to visit family. It was a V6, but as was said, you can't see out the tiny windows. Even if it was an SS, I don't think I would like it any better. I did like the Camaro better than the Challenger though. The Camaro is a pony car, while the Challenger felt like a huge boat.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 PM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

The Vette turns ALOT more heads and you don't see them nearly as much as a Mustang or Camaro.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Timothy Barth
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned 4 Camaro Z28's and two Corvette's. The Camaro's do not come close. They do not have the build integrity of the Corvette.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:01 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,374 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by chadcf
Ok this is subjective but... I've never driven a corvette, but am considering a 2008+ C6. Unfortunately I live in a small city and there are zero of those for sale locally that I can find, so it's not like I can pop out and drive one.

I did, however, go out yesterday and try out a 2017 Camaro SS and really loved it. Almost. I loved the way it drove, good power, handling and steering was phenomenal, drove like a dream with prodigious grip.

Problem is, I don't really like the style (it's not ugly, just not my style) and that's really pushing it on budget for a 2SS model fully loaded with magnetic ride control.

So, subjectively, has anyone happened to drive one and could compare / contrast it to a C6? The SS had magnetic ride control and I thought it was a great setup for being both comfortable and flat in the corners. Steering feel was also amazing. Would a C6 with MRC feel similar? Or has that tech progressed in the last decade? How about grip and handling? I know steering feel was improved in 2008 but no idea how it compares to the C6.

Overall I'd say I loved the Camaro but would prefer to get that level of performance in a cheaper better looking package... But without any locally to check out I'm not sure if a C6 gets me there or not...
Where are you located? How far is it to the nearest large city. Get on autotrader or similar and find the nearest C6 located at a dealer and go test drive it.

Until then, you won't know.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Maverick1125
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was debating on a v8 Camaro or a V8 Mustang GT. I own a 2014 v6 mustang and I wanted to upgrade to a v8.

I joined the Camaro 6 gen forum as a lurker to find out what I can about it. What turned me off the most is that people are having quality issues with the new Camaros. The rear end makes bad noises when it is cold. Chevy isn't fixing it and people are frustrated that their $40k+ new car is having problems.

As far as the Mustang goes I hate the new looks and I was waiting for the 2018 reveal to see if it got any better. It got worse so the Camaro and Mustang were out.

I then thought of used and the Corvette came to mind. I've always like the c6. I joined this forum and found out there are more threads about politics then problems with the car so that was a good sign.

The week before I bought my Corvette I did test drive a 2017 Camaro. It felt bulky and I didn't like that you can't really feel the road. It wasn't worth the price they are asking

That's why I went for the c6 Corvette instead of a Camaro. I like to feel the car. The Camaro feels like a cocoon as the Corvette feels like you are part of the machine while driving

Last edited by Maverick1125; 02-21-2017 at 02:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rozarioagro (02-08-2022)

Quick Reply: C6 vs Camaro SS