C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She needs a bra

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Tommy1995
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default She needs a bra

well, my 08 is having some body work done and the front is being repainted. I have been reading about different ways to protect the new paint on the front but I'm having trouble deciding what way to go. I had a leather bra on my I-ROC when i was young and it left some pretty bad spots on my hood and you could defiantly tell where the paint had faded. I have read some about the clear bra but I'm not sure I want to spend that much to be honest. (not sure how hard it would be to do that myself). I also saw a Synthetic Stretch Mesh Fabric like this one for example https://www.corvetteguys.com/collect...nt=19764178502. Im not sure how much I like this one. seems like it might flap when driving but the price range is right. Anyone use one of these? the other problem with this one is it gives no hood protection.
So what do you use to protect the front from road crap and rocks?
Old 11-12-2016, 03:58 AM
lavla
Drifting

Received 388 Likes on 180 Posts

I've been using the Novistreatch bra for the last year and used one similar to it before then. I drive to and from Florida each year with no issue. I understand your concern with protection. What I do is to take sheets of styrofoam (did I spell it right?) that you get when you buy a new TV or electronic product, and place them them between the bra and the car. Doing this provides a barrier of protection from stones and small objects.

In addition, when I make the 1,200 mile drive from NJ to FL, I use blue painter's tape to protect the hood of the car.

Last edited by lavla; 11-12-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
cyclesailor955
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Clear Vinyl Mask

Clear Vinyl Mask,I had the front clip,hood,mirrors and rocker panels covered on our 2011 Grand Sport.

And Yes, the vinyl will accept wax and look Fantastic !
Old 11-12-2016, 09:13 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

don't forget your mirror housings.
they take a beating from the front tires kicking up rocks.

Speed Lingerie sell some fine (albeit pricey) mirror bras that I put on within a couple of weeks of buying the car.

ps. The dealer gave me a OEM bra but they are a bitch to put on when cold.

I would buy the stretch bra for that reason.

Also do not leave a bra on your Corvette.
You saw what that did to your IROC. jsayin!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:16 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by lavla
I've been using the Novistreatch bra for the last year and used one similar to it before then. I drive to and from Florida each year with no issue. I understand your concern with protection. What I do is to take sheets of styrofoam (did I spell it right?) that you get when you buy a new TV or electronic product, and place them them between the bra and the car. Doing this provides a barrier of protection from stones and small objects.

In addition, when I make the 1,200 mile drive from NJ to FL, I use blue painter's tape to protect the hood of the car.

Had a 3m clear bra put on my car for $900. Including side mirrors. Well worth the money, and better than your blue tape.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:49 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

I think the GM bra is the best one out there. It fits perfectly, doesn't flap, and is thick enough to protect against stone damage.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:34 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,191 Likes on 2,681 Posts

I saw a couple women to today who could have used one. WTF?

That said, I would go clear bra of some sort rather than a fabric or leather bra. They look better, are virtually undetectable, and they have no chance of hurting the paint from abrasion.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Bellebuddy1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been very pleased with my Novastretch bra. It doesn't flap and has not left any scratches so far.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:09 PM
tealex
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I bought a color matching speed lingerie bra and love it. The color matches so well that at a distance you don't know there's a bra on the car. No flaping, loseness, or noise from it either. It may take a few extra minutes to put it on but it's worth it. It's thick enough to protect against rock chips too.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

I like the look of that one. My vette is almost a daily driver so i dont want to put the foam under it. How abrasive is this one? Expecially the edges?
Originally Posted by lavla

Old 11-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

Yea, I really like the clear one but damn they are expensive!

Originally Posted by cyclesailor955
Clear Vinyl Mask,I had the front clip,hood,mirrors and rocker panels covered on our 2011 Grand Sport.

And Yes, the vinyl will accept wax and look Fantastic !
Old 11-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

Really like the look of that one but again that's a pretty high price bra.
Originally Posted by gilhuly
don't forget your mirror housings.
they take a beating from the front tires kicking up rocks.

Speed Lingerie sell some fine (albeit pricey) mirror bras that I put on within a couple of weeks of buying the car.

ps. The dealer gave me a OEM bra but they are a bitch to put on when cold.

I would buy the stretch bra for that reason.

Also do not leave a bra on your Corvette.
You saw what that did to your IROC. jsayin!
Old 11-12-2016, 11:41 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

I wonder how hard they are to put on....if I could do it myself. 600-900 is out of my price range for a clear bra.
Originally Posted by owc6
I saw a couple women to today who could have used one. WTF?

That said, I would go clear bra of some sort rather than a fabric or leather bra. They look better, are virtually undetectable, and they have no chance of hurting the paint from abrasion.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:56 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,108 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy1995
I like the look of that one. My vette is almost a daily driver so i dont want to put the foam under it. How abrasive is this one? Expecially the edges?
Novistretch bra is not abrasive at all. I use one on all of my long distance trips. Easy on. Easy off. Easy to clean. Small enough to store in the rear cubby. About $120 if I recall.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 AM
Tommy1995
Racer

Does it offer enough protection against rocks? Bugs I can see how it would help but seems like rocks could still chip the paint being it's just a thin peices of nylon.too bad they don't make a hood protection part like some of the leather looking bras.
Originally Posted by HBsurfer
Novistretch bra is not abrasive at all. I use one on all of my long distance trips. Easy on. Easy off. Easy to clean. Small enough to store in the rear cubby. About $120 if I recall.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:50 AM
Detroit1
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Used Bra from forum member

Originally Posted by Tommy1995
Does it offer enough protection against rocks? Bugs I can see how it would help but seems like rocks could still chip the paint being it's just a thin peices of nylon.too bad they don't make a hood protection part like some of the leather looking bras.
Thanks to this forum I was able to pick up a Speed L. Bra and Mirror covers for my CRM GS. Called Speed L. ahead to confirm it would fit on my GS since it was from a Z06.
Agree that the first time install takes a little work. However, they do give good protection and looks good. If I had to spend new retail price, I would go with the clear bra option.
PS: I have bought several items from FORUM Members and have not been disappointed.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:38 AM
Enuzio
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default paint protection film

Originally Posted by Detroit1
Thanks to this forum I was able to pick up a Speed L. Bra and Mirror covers for my CRM GS. Called Speed L. ahead to confirm it would fit on my GS since it was from a Z06.
Agree that the first time install takes a little work. However, they do give good protection and looks good. If I had to spend new retail price, I would go with the clear bra option.
PS: I have bought several items from FORUM Members and have not been disappointed.
I did a full body paint protection film. I think it is a 3m product...originally developed for helicopter blades in Gulf wars.

Pricy but works very well and is invisible when installed.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:40 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

The GM bra has a cotton lining, fits properly, doesn't flap, and will prevent rock damage. It also is the best looking one out there.

Last edited by CSixDude; 11-13-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

went with the Novastretch bra

Get notified of new replies

To She needs a bra

Quick Reply: She needs a bra