C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on 2006 @ Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Swad
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on 2006 @ Dealer

I'm in the market for my first Corvette and basically know the price, years and features I'm interested in at this point. I ran across a deal that seems like it should be a good deal, but I'm taken that it's been listed on cargurus.com for 80 days though it looks like it should be selling. It has fairly low miles, is in what visually appears to be great condition and has the feature set I'm mostly interested in (3LT). It's right at the top end of what I want to spend. I'd rather it be a 2008, but I've basically said I'd take a 2006 to 2008 and it's tough to get a 2008 3LT with this low of miles at this price point.

It seems that there's not a lot of Corvette's in this area, but I may be wrong... it may just not be a good market for rolling them out quickly. It also looked like the rotors maybe needed to be turned and that the tires *might* be nearing end of life.

Thoughts? Feedback on this car might give me a better idea of things I may be overlooking in a deal. I've seen lots of great deals on this forum (often a very long drive from me), but I don't want to completely bypass local sales in my searching. I did personally look at it and nothing jumped out at me as "wrong" with a quick 5-10 minute review.

http://www.maymotorcompany.com/Vehic...3LT-Coupe.aspx
Old 09-03-2016, 02:56 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,327 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Swad
I'm in the market for my first Corvette and basically know the price, years and features I'm interested in at this point. I ran across a deal that seems like it should be a good deal, but I'm taken that it's been listed on cargurus.com for 80 days though it looks like it should be selling. It has fairly low miles, is in what visually appears to be great condition and has the feature set I'm mostly interested in (3LT). It's right at the top end of what I want to spend. I'd rather it be a 2008, but I've basically said I'd take a 2006 to 2008 and it's tough to get a 2008 3LT with this low of miles at this price point.

It seems that there's not a lot of Corvette's in this area, but I may be wrong... it may just not be a good market for rolling them out quickly. It also looked like the rotors maybe needed to be turned and that the tires *might* be nearing end of life.

Thoughts? Feedback on this car might give me a better idea of things I may be overlooking in a deal. I've seen lots of great deals on this forum (often a very long drive from me), but I don't want to completely bypass local sales in my searching. I did personally look at it and nothing jumped out at me as "wrong" with a quick 5-10 minute review.

It looks pretty decent from the carfax, the interior and exterior look in good condition, etc.
Chances are if the tires are in need of a change, then work that into the deal, because that's minimum a 1000 dollar bill.
I changed out my pads at 50K miles, and they were only half worn, and the rotors were still within the allowable thickness.
It may not hurt to check those out as well and work it into the deal.
The price is a bit high, but not completely out of touch with rreality.

The battery issues that the car experienced was probably because it sat and the battery got run down. That is usually the death of a C6 battery when that happens and it's boosted to start the car up.
You may want to run the Vin # through a GMVIS report to see if it had electrical issues during it's warranty period.
Send me an e-mail and I'll get you info for a VIS report on it. Tell me what you want in your e-mail to me, as I won't know who you are based on your forum profile. Add the Vin #
lv2tour@gmail.com
Good Luck

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 09-03-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:22 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

2K 2 much.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:28 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by ben dover
2K 2 much.
priced to high..Look in this forums "for sale" section to compare..WW.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:54 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

I will sell you my 2007 for 17K.
You will need a truck to carry all of the extra parts home with you!

I don't have the crappy chrome wheels.

Last edited by MikeERWNC; 09-03-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 AM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
i agree. You can find a better deal here on the forum and learn right away the history of the vehicle. GL!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:24 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,327 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
Unfortunately, most are overpriced in that section as well.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Swad
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback. I think just knowing it's overpriced is good enough. I'd rather hold out for what I know I want--lower mileage 2008, 3LT / Z51 being perks if it has them. Thankfully I'm not in a rush and it may be a few (or several) months before something happens. I'd rather get the car I can live with for a long time as this is going to become my DD and I want something I have no regrets over.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:23 AM
usr5000
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mine...

Originally Posted by Swad

To compare, I bought my 2009 mint condition 3 weeks ago with 9,800 miles on it 1LT for very slightly more
Old 09-03-2016, 09:38 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That would be too high around here. How can you tell from the picture that the rotors need to be turned?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Swad
Advanced

I actually went and looked at it personally. I may be wrong, they just showed some deeper grooves inside it seemed, but I'm also not the most knowledgeable on when it's time to take care of that.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 AM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes, seems a few grand too high. Personally I would hold out for the 2008 or higher year, as there were some improvements to the LS3 engine. I purchased my black 2008 Indy Car edition with 34K miles for $31K. Perfect shape, two tone interior, Hud, Navigation, etc. I probably paid a bit too high for it, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Good luck in your search.

Get notified of new replies

To Thoughts on 2006 @ Dealer

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 2006 @ Dealer