C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consequences of not driving your Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:20 AM
mcc978
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,’18,’19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Crazy how critters will make cars their home in such a short time. This is another reason you should drive your vette as much as possible.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
I bet more wear and tear happens from Corvettes sitting around than they get driving. I had to evict some furry vagrants from my cabin air filter area after mine sat around for over a year with its previous owner and on the dealer's lot. Thankfully it looks like they had more appetite for the filter paper than the wire insulation on the car. Can't find any chewed wires and everything works. Gotta get these things out of the garage!
I think I found how mice can enter the cabin air filter area when I had the battery out. Seen here bent upwards with the orifice visible is the cowl drain hose.
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 PM
butch353
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I worked one of the corners at the club auto cross at pikes peak international this summer an noticed something hanging down under one of the competitors as he went by. later He found a snake in his pulley system it didn't survive the ride. just like a snapping turtle after you cut its head off don't mess with it because it is loaded to close as some chefs have found out. JD.

Quick Reply: Consequences of not driving your Corvette