C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pennsylvania Members - Anybody Familiar

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 PM
66 milano
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pennsylvania Members - Anybody Familiar

Is anybody familiar with Choice Auto Sales? They have a black 2011 GS on their website with low miles and an asking price of $42,406. I didn't call; I assume that they still have it. I saw it on Cars.com.

I am always somewhat suspect when these smaller dealers have this type of car on their lot. It makes me think that maybe she got smacked and the owner dumped it at Choice Auto Sales. I hope I am wrong, but was looking for some PA feedback.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 AM
66 milano
Racer

Thanks for the pm Jeff.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:22 AM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 66 milano
Is anybody familiar with Choice Auto Sales? They have a black 2011 GS on their website with low miles and an asking price of $42,406. I didn't call; I assume that they still have it. I saw it on Cars.com.

I am always somewhat suspect when these smaller dealers have this type of car on their lot. It makes me think that maybe she got smacked and the owner dumped it at Choice Auto Sales. I hope I am wrong, but was looking for some PA feedback.

Thanks
For what it's worth....live in Pa. but don't know that dealership......that being said, I bought my used 2012 GS from Crisell Chevy in Gaithersburg, Maryland and I can't say enough good things about the process or the quality of what they have on their lot! You are obviously looking "far and wide" and I would not hesitate to recommend them! The advantage of buying from a Chevy dealer is that the previous owner probably traded up to a newer model and there is little to nothing wrong with his trade. When I was in the market....I avoided the "independent" small car dealers....wanted a reputable dealer or a private sale.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:17 AM
66 milano
Racer

Default My Thinking Exactly

Originally Posted by blittle
For what it's worth....live in Pa. but don't know that dealership......that being said, I bought my used 2012 GS from Crisell Chevy in Gaithersburg, Maryland and I can't say enough good things about the process or the quality of what they have on their lot! You are obviously looking "far and wide" and I would not hesitate to recommend them! The advantage of buying from a Chevy dealer is that the previous owner probably traded up to a newer model and there is little to nothing wrong with his trade. When I was in the market....I avoided the "independent" small car dealers....wanted a reputable dealer or a private sale.

Those are my sentiments exactly. You have to ask yourself, what is an Independent doing with a 4,000 mile 2011 GS? You can't imagine the owner trading it in. Did he sell it for cash, or giving this Independent the benefit of the doubt, maybe the owner had the car for sale on Auto Trader and the Independent simply made the best offer.

Regardless, if I decide to proceed, it would be $500 well spent to get an appraiser who knows body work to have a look.

You know the old saying; if it looks like crap and smells like crap and tastes like crap; it's probably crap.

I got a PM from a member named Jeff who knows this dealer and says the owner is a straight shooter; so my comments are NOT being directed at Choice Auto Sales. Just saying, if I can't buy from a Corvette Forum member; my second choice would be a Chevy dealer.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:26 AM
M@tt
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my 08 Z06 at prestige motorcars of york. They seem to be for the most part a used vette only dealer (they may have a car or two that isn't a vette.) Great buying experience there and I think I got a decent deal. If your hunting for a vette in pa, and york isn't too far away look em up online. They always have vettes for sale there.
The following users liked this post:
Cathy Colantino (08-16-2017)
Old 04-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 66 milano
Those are my sentiments exactly. You have to ask yourself, what is an Independent doing with a 4,000 mile 2011 GS? You can't imagine the owner trading it in. Did he sell it for cash, or giving this Independent the benefit of the doubt, maybe the owner had the car for sale on Auto Trader and the Independent simply made the best offer.

Regardless, if I decide to proceed, it would be $500 well spent to get an appraiser who knows body work to have a look.

You know the old saying; if it looks like crap and smells like crap and tastes like crap; it's probably crap.

I got a PM from a member named Jeff who knows this dealer and says the owner is a straight shooter; so my comments are NOT being directed at Choice Auto Sales. Just saying, if I can't buy from a Corvette Forum member; my second choice would be a Chevy dealer.
Or they got it at auction like lots of dealers do. I looked at a few Vettes at Chevy dealers & all were not as advertised.

My Z06 is for sale for the right offer FYI.

Last edited by Never-Enough; 04-06-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:36 AM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by M@tt
I got my 08 Z06 at prestige motorcars of york. They seem to be for the most part a used vette only dealer (they may have a car or two that isn't a vette.) Great buying experience there and I think I got a decent deal. If your hunting for a vette in pa, and york isn't too far away look em up online. They always have vettes for sale there.

Agree....have bought and sold there!

The following users liked this post:
Cathy Colantino (08-16-2017)
Old 04-06-2016, 11:51 AM
66 milano
Racer

Default Kill Myself

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Or they got it at auction like lots of dealers do. I looked at a few Vettes at Chevy dealers & all were not as advertised.

My Z06 is for sale for the right offer FYI.
I would likely kill myself in a Z06.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:54 AM
66 milano
Racer

Originally Posted by M@tt
Just had a look; they have a 13 GS coupe and a 10 GS convertible. Both nice cars, but this 11 GS at Choice looks like the better deal; depending on its history.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:35 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Owner could have purchased the GS at auction put it on the lot to attract attention.. it works
Old 04-06-2016, 09:08 PM
66 milano
Racer

Just as a FYI, I did call the dealer today; they bought the car from another dealer; where the owner had traded it in.

Not sure on my next move, but if I make an offer; it will be conditional on an appraisal.

Get notified of new replies

To Pennsylvania Members - Anybody Familiar

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania Members - Anybody Familiar