C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wash/Wax Aero Products...good results?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 11:52 AM
KX
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wash/Wax Aero Products...good results?

My younger son came over yesterday with a spray bottle of Wash/Wax, which is a water-less car wash. I watched in amazement as he detailed the family 4Runner with nothing but that spray bottle and a wet microfiber cloth. Took no time and effort at all to do it.
Anyone have any experience with this product line. Like ReJex, it comes from the aircraft industry with a gallon bottle, the 16oz spray bottle and some microfiber cloths for $35 or so. Worked fantastic on the glass also.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:04 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,108 Likes on 708 Posts

I use a waterless wash most of the time. If used properly (lots of clean micro fiber towels) it does not leave any swirl marks at all. I do paint correction on my own so I know when there are swirls and the waterless wash is really good stuff. I do not use it when the car really dirty like after long road trips or driving on the rain. Normal weekly washings with waterless is my SOP. No washing on the driveway when it always seems to be too hot or too cold. In the garage, in the shade and with the music blasting. I do all three cars this way.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:31 PM
KX
Melting Slicks

BTW, this stuff is totally safe on nearly any surface and leaves no residue of any kind. Great on the rubber around Corvette doors and windows as well as interiors. Just ordered myself a gallon via Amazon Prime so no shipping charges. Supposed to last for washing 57 average sized cars! With the cost of water around here now the cost of this stuff equals at least 50 car washes, maybe less, and you can do it in your garage....!!
Old 03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Lots a good detail sprays on the market. Best i've found so far is Lucas Slick Mist, if for no other reason cause the sprayer puts out a really fine mist. But don't be confused....none of the "dry" washes last very long as far as protecting goes. Water may only bead up for a few days depending on the weather.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:59 PM
KX
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by windyC6
Lots a good detail sprays on the market. Best i've found so far is Lucas Slick Mist, if for no other reason cause the sprayer puts out a really fine mist. But don't be confused....none of the "dry" washes last very long as far as protecting goes. Water may only bead up for a few days depending on the weather.
Only getting it to function as a water-less wash. I have plenty of show and shine top coat sprays which I use as required. IN SoCal we do not need to do a heavy water wash off to get rid of road grim per se. Just a quick wipe down is fine. The Corvette sees no rain as I use the 4Runner
in the wet.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:04 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Sorry windy, I used Lucas and find that liquid glass detail spray gives a deeper shine.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,244 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Waterless wash and wax works good but if your car is filthy, you shouldn't use it. You'll do more harm than good.

As far as which brand to use, I use mothers and CG. Pretty much any off the shelf brand will be good. Unless you're doing paint correction.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:25 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,108 Likes on 708 Posts

I just use it as a replacement for soap and water, not for paint protection. Started using it because of the drought and water restrictions in SoCal and liked the product so much that I use it every week for all of my cars. Rejex a couple of times per year protects my paint
Old 03-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

Any fans of NXT 2.0 wax by Meguiars ?? Reading on Auto geek and they swear its close to the best. I believe its a sealant synthetic type wax, they say the shine really comes up ????
I've used lots of different brands of wax over the many years but as yet not tried the synthetics, so just wondering out loud
NSF
Old 03-13-2016, 05:44 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by KX
My younger son came over yesterday with a spray bottle of Wash/Wax, which is a water-less car wash. I watched in amazement as he detailed the family 4Runner with nothing but that spray bottle and a wet microfiber cloth. Took no time and effort at all to do it.
Anyone have any experience with this product line. Like ReJex, it comes from the aircraft industry with a gallon bottle, the 16oz spray bottle and some microfiber cloths for $35 or so. Worked fantastic on the glass also.
You have a link for ordering (Amazon or whatever)?
Old 03-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Any fans of NXT 2.0 wax by Meguiars ?? Reading on Auto geek and they swear its close to the best. I believe its a sealant synthetic type wax, they say the shine really comes up ????
I've used lots of different brands of wax over the many years but as yet not tried the synthetics, so just wondering out loud
NSF
Sealants in simple terms offer good shine and can hide minor swirl marks. Only downside is it doesn't last as long as say a carnuba. Which offers more depth and lasts longer. Plus more effort to apply etc. Paste wax etc.

I've had INCREDIBLE results with chemical guys black light. Look it up. It's amazing.
The following users liked this post:
Not So Fast (03-13-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 05:51 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Waterless wash and wax works good but if your car is filthy, you shouldn't use it. You'll do more harm than good.

As far as which brand to use, I use mothers and CG. Pretty much any off the shelf brand will be good. Unless you're doing paint correction.
We sell many different rinseless and waterless washes including our own brands. Most can safely be used on most vehicles even dirty automobiles, provided the are used properly. Without using good washing and drying techniques any product can mar paint and create swirls even traditional car wash soaps.

What I will share is that no product is infallible. If one fails to follow directions and use due care, it could provide less than stellar results.

In some areas of the country traditional washes are being filtered out for environmental and water restrictions. In those areas a rinseless or washless wash is often the only option. We have many successful stories of very dirty cars that were not damaged while using these products.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KX
Only getting it to function as a water-less wash. I have plenty of show and shine top coat sprays which I use as required. IN SoCal we do not need to do a heavy water wash off to get rid of road grim per se. Just a quick wipe down is fine. The Corvette sees no rain as I use the 4Runner in the wet.
You may find out that you won't need your detail spray after using the Aero wash/wax. I bought that same bundle off of Amazon last month and have been so impressed with the shine it leaves that I haven't used my Adams detail spray since. My car has always had that deep wet look after detailing but this has added another level to the Victory Red paint. And it's a whole lot cheaper than Adams detail spray too! You will love it.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:57 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
You have a link for ordering (Amazon or whatever)?
Check this out.

Amazon.com: Wash & Wax ALL Waterless Car Wash and Wax Gallon: Automotive Amazon.com: Wash & Wax ALL Waterless Car Wash and Wax Gallon: Automotive
RocketDawg (03-13-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 08:19 PM
KyJim
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

NSF
Yes, I've used NXT 2.0 and like it. Very easy to apply and will last a little longer than a carnauba. I apply Pinnacle Souveran on top of the NXT 2.0 after it cures for 12 hours. Very deep shine on dark cars.
Attached Images  
Not So Fast (03-13-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Sorry windy, I used Lucas and find that liquid glass detail spray gives a deeper shine.
Well thats fine to be sure....but like I say in all these "wax-on-wax-off"post....give me a black hood and i'll section it off in 5 sections and use the five most popular.."best"...detail sprays on a different section and doubt that anyone could pick out "their" brand as the difference would be undetectable.......
Old 03-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Only downside is it doesn't last as long as say a carnuba.
Carnauba-based waxes are not long lasting in any sense. Carnauba breaks down in direct sunlight.

Get notified of new replies

To Wash/Wax Aero Products...good results?

Old 03-14-2016, 04:46 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Carnauba-based waxes are not long lasting in any sense. Carnauba breaks down in direct sunlight.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:00 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I use the Slick Mist also. Alernate between Slick Mist and Mothers Liquid Gold spray wax. Great for cleaning a dusty car, but not after driving in the rain.

NSF
Been using this as my wax since it came out along with M. Ultimate liquid sealant. Both work great with the Ultimate slightly my favorite.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
A good carnuba can last 4-6 months.

Sealants probably same thing actually. But carnuba gives a deeper shine.

Quick Reply: Wash/Wax Aero Products...good results?