C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back at it again

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 AM
IMSA84
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back at it again

What's going on guys... been a while since I've been on here. I recently totalled my old 97 C5 (some girl on her phone not paying attention) well I have gotten enough back from it for a down payment on a c6 but I have some concerns. The C6 I'm working a deal on is high miles 118k to be exact, I've driven the car and it runs and drives very strong not one rattle or hiccup from it and I was pushing it, it's a Z51 with a 6 speed manual in black. It's a gorgeous car and aside from some paint fading on the interior it looks brand new and even drives like it. I'm not buying it as a daily as I still have my lil rustang it's pretty much going to be a weekend and nice day car. Anything I should look at on it?
Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 AM
soggysailor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year?
Personally, mileage isn't a deal breaker if your looking for a good price and that it's priced for the mileage thats on it.I just sold my 97 with 200k and it was still a very solid car.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:12 AM
IMSA84
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's an 05... it has some goodies on it to. Carbon fiber intake and borla exhaust I'm getting it for around $17k

My only other option is an 06 auto that the dealer says has a noise comming from the drives haft but I personally don't want auto and that noise kind of scares me about it

Last edited by IMSA84; 03-09-2016 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 AM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Good to hear you want a manual. Check to make sure the clutch and torque tube are good on this car as well. Make sure the climate control is o.k. Look at the harmonic balancer when it's running and check for wobble. Check for leaks. Listen for wheel bearing noise. Remove the oil filler cap and make sure it's clean underneath. Pull the dipstick and look at the oil and rub it between your fingers to make sure it does not feel gritty. Even better have an independent mechanic inspect it first. I've heard these cars can run a over 200,000 miles without major issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Back at it again

Quick Reply: Back at it again