C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No FOB Detected, Cannot start the Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:20 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 336 Likes on 247 Posts

I stated the battery upside down early in this thread because I did it recently...
Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
Chevrolet is rivaling Lucas (Lord of Darkness) for electrical crap. All of these problems with the Corvette electricals that I've seen here would indicate a pretty awful design of the system. I have mentioned earlier that I had a '00 Camaro with intermittent loss of the radio and power windows that was so common among 4th gen Camaros that the owner's forum had a photographic tutorial on how to remove and repair the cracked (always the same ones) solder joints on the BCM PC board. My kids just came up for the weekend and they reported that their 2008 TrailBlazer's low beam headlights had quit while driving. The high beams work, but there are no lows. I went to a TrailBlazer troubleshooting site and found that seven of the eight complaints about the 2008 model were about the exact same thing. IIRC, C6 Corvettes were recalled for headlight problems. HEY! It was Chrysler that was acquired by Fiat, not Chevrolet. Why can't GM design cars with dependable electrical systems?
No offense intended, but I'd like to have a dollar for every time the car, and Chevrolet get flamed for issues just like this that turn out to be caused by owner/operator ignorance or incompetence; which is usually the case. So many are so ready to jump to the conclusion that the car, or the engineering, are at fault. I have never read of a verified case where the car would not start if the fob was correctly placed in the glove compartment slot and the car battery had sufficient charge to energize the starter and crank the engine.
The following users liked this post:
Joe B. (02-22-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Chevrolet doesn't come close to the evil ghost of Joseph Lucas in electrical gremlins.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:37 PM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Is it possible the fob could be pooched.but still work in the slot ? Maybe that is the issue with my car
……..I am having the same issue as you. Did you solve your problem yet?…both my fobs have new batteries , my door will open. I get no fob detected, but it will start in the glovebox slot. but it is reading fob 1 for fob 2. I know i didn't mix them up when changing batteries as i did one at a time.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:18 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by KABAL182
……..I am having the same issue as you. Did you solve your problem yet?…both my fobs have new batteries , my door will open. I get no fob detected, but it will start in the glovebox slot. but it is reading fob 1 for fob 2. I know i didn't mix them up when changing batteries as i did one at a time.
Nope.same crap. I hit the button 2 or 3 times.if nothing happens then stick it in the slot. Garbage.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM
hayron
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Corvette 427 key fob problems

My car is in dealership as we speak. Problem with key fobs (both) were intermittent then today could not get in our start car. Had to use key to get into trunk pull lever and enter key fob in the insert in the glove compartment. Then drove the car to dealership. They said they have reproduced the problem but have never seen this problem before.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:25 PM
mike75028
1st Gear

Default NO FOB detected

I bought a new FOB and it is doing the same thing as the old FOB. With all batteries charged, I inserted the new FOB in the slot in the glove box and open the trunk and turn the key 5 times to start programming the new FOB. And just like the old FOB I get nothing on the DIC. Which tells me it is not detecting anything. I do not have my cell phone with me so there should not be any interference. Can someone help me before I have it towed to the dealership?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:48 AM
jrc50
Racer

Did the dealership get it fixed and what was the cause?
Old 11-26-2018, 04:46 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

I change the battery in the fobs every year. Went to use the car and car won't start and NO FOB DETECTED.

AC Deloc battery was 50 months old, replacement at 42 months...just missed it. You know, when my battery tender was taking almost all day to turn GREEN, maybe it was telling me the battery was going dead? I just replaced and the battery and replaced the batteries AGAIN in the fobs. Now everything works. Did a quick re-index and the car is back to normal...whew.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Bmann3238
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What’s getting me is that I changed the battery in fob in September because it Kept saying no fob detected. From that point it would still only work in glovebox slot, so I got tired of that and decided to reprogram. When it was reprogrammed, all of the buttons worked on the fob and I could go into accessory mode but it wouldn’t start-not even make an attempt to turn over even with it in the slot. I can’t grasp why if the fob reprogrammed and works the electronics why it can’t start.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Bmann3238
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well then if you know so much...I have a 2005 manual, car won't start. I have one fob I changed the battery in September because it Kept saying no fob detected. Even after changing battery, from that point it would still only work in glovebox slot. I finally got tired of that, decided to reprogram the fob using the method that takes 30 min. When it was reprogrammed, all of the buttons worked on the fob and I could go into accessory mode but it wouldn’t start-not even make an attempt to turn over even with it in the slot. I can’t grasp why if the fob reprogrammed and works the electronics why it can’t start. So I tried to reprogram again, it says ready for fob 2 when it's in the slot - but still says no fob detected, still won't start. HELP!
Old 01-09-2019, 09:05 PM
willisman
2nd Gear

I just had this same confusing issue. Intermittent fob detection. Turns out, my phone was causing the interference. Try leaving your phone inside if you are having this problem. It may happen all the time because you ALWAYS have your phone with you. Could also be wireless alarm system or other interference.
Btw, I took it to the dealer who told me both fobs had a burned out transistor, they replaced them and reprogrammed, and the problem continued. Very unlikely the fobs were bad. Shame on them!

Quick Reply: No FOB Detected, Cannot start the Car