C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lethal racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lethal racing

Does lethal racing have a new number or email? all contact info I have for them is not working.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:54 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I believe Lethal Racing closed doors. Their site now redirects to "powerhouse performance" which at least has camshafts with the same names as Lethal's so I'm guess they were either absorbed, changed names, and/or moved.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:04 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Wow I didn't kno that I need to get my car retuned I think they have my computer locked can any tuner get pass that
Old 02-11-2016, 11:13 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I would definitely contact the powerhouse company...some of the same people might still be around.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Sid1231987
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They screwed a ton of people out of lots of money, messed up a lot of cars and are under a bunch of big law suits so they went under and closed.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:21 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Originally Posted by SEVINN
I would definitely contact the powerhouse company...some of the same people might still be around.
ok thanks a bunch
Old 02-11-2016, 11:23 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sid1231987
They screwed a ton of people out of lots of money, messed up a lot of cars and are under a bunch of big law suits so they went under and closed.
😳 wow I had been hearing that bout them
Old 02-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Z2Z
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

This is pretty disheartening to read. I had their "phantom" cam in my last c6z and was looking to put the same one in my new car.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
_05C6_
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettepower
Wow I didn't kno that I need to get my car retuned I think they have my computer locked can any tuner get pass that
Simple answer, no. The person that locked the ECM can unlock it, but I don't think someone else can.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:10 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sid1231987
Yes they did. I am one of the people that they screwed out of a small fortune on my build. I tried to make my points here on the forums but was shutdown every time I posted something about my ordeal with them. They billed me for parts that they did not install and they tuned my car so aggressive that a piston blew. It was an awful experience. I drove from Tennessee to do business with them and due to medical issues and other issues was not in a good position to be able to take them to court. Now I see they have opened up under a new name. Unfortunately same ownership. Its sad that people can do these things to honest guys just trying to enjoy a hobby. I ended up selling my car altogether and will likely never be in a position to own another one.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Seems to me if a biz closes due to the kind of reasons stated, and reopens under a different name, that is not the place you want to go. I'm just saying if you have to bite the bullet and get another computer to tune, and have tuned properly so that you don't have an issue like NSANE, it may work out to be less costly all around. But especially to you.

Then, find a good tuner, someone who's been around a long while. They are out there. Convenience may matter to you, but not to your wallet unless you have unlimited money to spend. After all, who locked your car's computer so that it can't be tuned?
Old 02-15-2016, 09:48 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
Yes they did. I am one of the people that they screwed out of a small fortune on my build. I tried to make my points here on the forums but was shutdown every time I posted something about my ordeal with them. They billed me for parts that they did not install and they tuned my car so aggressive that a piston blew. It was an awful experience. I drove from Tennessee to do business with them and due to medical issues and other issues was not in a good position to be able to take them to court. Now I see they have opened up under a new name. Unfortunately same ownership. Its sad that people can do these things to honest guys just trying to enjoy a hobby. I ended up selling my car altogether and will likely never be in a position to own another one.
how long ago was that
Old 02-15-2016, 09:51 PM
corvettepower
Instructor

Originally Posted by AORoads
Seems to me if a biz closes due to the kind of reasons stated, and reopens under a different name, that is not the place you want to go. I'm just saying if you have to bite the bullet and get another computer to tune, and have tuned properly so that you don't have an issue like NSANE, it may work out to be less costly all around. But especially to you. Then, find a good tuner, someone who's been around a long while. They are out there. Convenience may matter to you, but not to your wallet unless you have unlimited money to spend. After all, who locked your car's computer so that it can't be tuned?
yep your right bout that I'm try some tuners in Houston
Old 02-15-2016, 10:10 PM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long ago was that
It has been a little over 3 years. I can tell you volumes about all of the **** poor workmanship and just plain theft that took place in my build from putting the wrong reluctor wheel in the motor to charging me for pistons that were not the same as the one that I bought to keeping my car for a year before getting it back to me and strong arming me for payment before they would bring it back. They also installed a prototype not even tested converter for the reluctor wheel that was faulty. It was a complete and utter rip off. I figured it up one day to the tune of about 15 thousand dollars and over a year without my car while I underwent two heart operations all the while not a regret in the world expressed by any of the people in the shop or the owner. Never a penny offered to help with the expense of fixing all of their shoddy workmanship and theft. Worst mistake I have ever made in my entire life and at the time they were recommended as an installer by a very reputable and sought after supercharger and performance builder. They never stepped in to help either. Truly expensive lesson that I learned very well.

Last edited by NSANEC6; 02-15-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

There is more than one Lethal.
Could you guys clarify which one you are speaking of? Location?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
There is more than one Lethal.
Could you guys clarify which one you are speaking of? Location?
Lethal Racing was in Scott, LA. You may be thinking of Lethal Performance which is located somewhere else.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:15 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

There are two other Lethal Performance shops: 1 in San Antonio and 1 in Wellington Florida. Seem to both be open; pretty sure the one in San Antonio is.

Get notified of new replies

To Lethal racing

Quick Reply: Lethal racing