C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't do it....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:59 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

Well, sorry to see you leave but you'll be back
Bobby
Old 02-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Well, sorry to see you leave but you'll be back
Bobby
I should have PM'd you to buy my Vitesse....but someone already bought it. Sorry!
Yea,....Im already bored of the G37..just kidding!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 AM
LGK-SD
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
I am going to eat my words ....because I sold my Vette a couple days ago after test driving a graphite shadow/ dark gray 2013 G37 Sport.
Main reasons for selling Vette:
1. Only drove Corvette 3k miles a year.
2. Cops every square inch and 40MPH everywhere had me going slow 75% of the time.
3. I felt like it was a waste of money for how I was using it.

At 330 HP is more than enough and I see why some people say now that it is allot funner to drive a slower car fast then a faster car slow. Its interior is honestly amazing, tons of amazing tech, cost me way less than the Vette, and it looks great. I guess I was just ready to try something new...maybe I will come back some day.
I am sure I will get bored of this in a year and buy something else...

Come and check out my sale....https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ette-sale.html
We had a G35 for awhile and really had fun in it. Diff category of car from the Vette, and no problems (well at least in SoCal) being a great DD. Yu raise a few good points which is why you see so many low mileage V's out there for sale in next to new condition. In our case, with the ZR1, we use it a couple of times a month for that country road trip out to small towns inland, or going to car events. Not just tooling around the city.
Having restored a few cars in my past, the current thought is to pull in a low cost light project on a sports car and use that at least as much as the Vette. Just don't have the garage/shop space till we move. Or maybe no project at all. Just buy something for $10k used and have fun.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:57 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

See ya!
Old 02-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

However, in the end I cant see the Corvette leaving my garage. Its perfect in every way.... No car looks as good nor has the performance....Its also a very easy car to work on and I have virtually fixed tons of things on it personally myself so I feel safe with it...its almost paid for only 12k left and resale is good with these cars...whats not to love with the greatest performance car ever built in the USA!
Oh well....
Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 PM
bigsteff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I can't either .......

I have been looking around for a different car for the last 6 months. I get bored typically and change out of cars frequently.

I have test drove many and I have almost pulled the trigger 4 times.
1st was on a CTSV, 2nd a Challenger SRT8, 3rd a CLA45AMG and last week I almost bought a 2013 GT500...

I do all the research take them for a test drive and before I actually make the transaction I cant go through with it. They were great performance cars and they had positives over the Corvette.

However, in the end I cant see the Corvette leaving my garage. Its perfect in every way.... No car looks as good nor has the performance....Its also a very easy car to work on and I have virtually fixed tons of things on it personally myself I feel safe with it...its almost paid for only 12k left and resale is good with these cars...whats not to love with the greatest performance car ever built in the USA!

Anyone else have a similar story....?
I recently got the muscle car itch and test drove a few Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I must admit that all were quit impressive, particularly the comfort and muscular feel of the 8 speed auto SRT 392 Challenger However, the GS is close to being paid off so I'm going to wait for about a year and try to grab a slightly used SRT or scatpak Challenger as my muscle car fix. It should be nice to have both ...... At least, that's my dream...
Old 02-17-2016, 12:57 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

Meet with OP yesterday to pick up parts I purchased.

Funny thing was my wife traded her G372s for her 2012 CE Grandsport and he traded his CE Grandsport for a G37s.

Super nice guy and very passionate about his vette. I have a very strong feeling he will be back soon.

Quick Reply: I can't do it....