C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller - WOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
If you choose to look at it this way, then yes.

Another way to look at it, is this offers a reasonably affordable, easily reversible, plug-and-play way to allow driver-specified dynamic throttle response settings much like many modern high-end performance automobiles offer.

I happen to use a few different settings depending on driving conditions and I appreciate the ability to fine tune the throttle response to normal surface streets, heavy traffic, open highway cruising, autocross or road course track duty as I see fit to match my preferred driving style in each situation. Of course, I may also choose to lay down some rubber occasionally as well. The main point being it is now MY choice rather than GM's how the car responds to my throttle inputs.

I understand your point but this is a very misleading post from the OP. Sounds like his traction control is also broken

"When I mashed the throttle, I proceeded to scare the crap out of myself as the car, with my brand new very expensive Michelin Pilot Sports laid down two of the longest and darkest black marks on the street all while pulling like a freight train and swaying from side to side !
(traction control was on)"
Old 12-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not quite sure why the controversy here because most Corvette owners have had other muscle cars with direct, cable link to the throttle. Now with drive-by-wire and computer-controlled delay, this device just electronically equivocates the same thing as a cable. It's not a gimmick nor controversial nor does it "add" hp. It just mimics one-to-one throttle control (or a variation of it). I'm grateful that.

Last edited by Tropicana; 12-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Originally Posted by AssTyme
I understand your point but this is a very misleading post from the OP. Sounds like his traction control is also broken

"When I mashed the throttle, I proceeded to scare the crap out of myself as the car, with my brand new very expensive Michelin Pilot Sports laid down two of the longest and darkest black marks on the street all while pulling like a freight train and swaying from side to side !
(traction control was on)"

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with my traction control ..... I just loaded a Diablo Tune and now it breaks the tires loose on the 1st to 2nd shift ....

Have you ever driven a ZO6 ?
Mashing the throttle with traction control on results nothing but tire smoke ... is there anything wrong with it ....

There is a limit to how much power it can pull out ....

Dave
. ..
Old 12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero_6
Placed an order on this past Sunday. I can't wait.
It increases the fun factor quite a bit.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Enterprisehunter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got it due to the fact I almost had an accident trying pull into morning traffic. Hit the throttle went to move in the next lane and the car hesitated.

All I can now say is problem resolved.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ajaste
I agree ... that is the point of it right ... it sure is more fun to drive

Dave
Old 12-01-2015, 09:00 PM
4LTVetteHead
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Old 12-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

Having a Vette is already fun in itself. I can't imagine the fun factor after this mod.

Originally Posted by Ajaste
Old 12-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This device is becoming very intriguing to me by the day. Tried to call Ahmet Monday, however, he was in an airport traveling and the call kept dropping.
Today while running errands I am going to stop by my mechanics (considered to be one of the best Vette Tech around the country). I trust his opinion without question. I'm going to see how the throttle controller interacts with the current mods on my 2013 427 LS7 (headers, custom tune, CAI). Car is already fast as all get out and can't imagine it becoming even more so.
More to report tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
So, is this thing 50 state street legal? I'm assuming the answer is "no" here in the People's Republic of California. I guess it would be hard to get "caught" with it if you set it on SP0 when getting the car smog tested, but just asking.
Since this doesn't affect engine performance in any way, only throttle response, I wouldn't think it would be illegal. Even on the left coast

Just ordered mine, based on all the positive comments on this thread.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:38 AM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago,and love it.

WRT emissions, I read somewhere ( I know - no source provided , sorry) that dampening the speed of the throttle blade reduces emissions. I am not swearing this is gospel, but I do recommend verifying and not assuming it's a non issue.
I'm adopting your motto.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:39 AM
ksurfer2
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lerxst
This device is becoming very intriguing to me by the day. Tried to call Ahmet Monday, however, he was in an airport traveling and the call kept dropping.
Today while running errands I am going to stop by my mechanics (considered to be one of the best Vette Tech around the country). I trust his opinion without question. I'm going to see how the throttle controller interacts with the current mods on my 2013 427 LS7 (headers, custom tune, CAI). Car is already fast as all get out and can't imagine it becoming even more so.
More to report tomorrow.
The throttle controller will not affect any of your existing mods/tune at all. I had the same questions before I installed the throttle controller on my car....12 GS with headers, cam, and tune. I traded a few e-mails with Ahmet and placed my order. The device works perfectly in my car even with the existing mods/tune.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Tropicana
I'm not quite sure why the controversy here because most Corvette owners have had other muscle cars with direct, cable link to the throttle. Now with drive-by-wire and computer-controlled delay, this device just electronically equivocates the same thing as a cable. It's not a gimmick nor controversial nor does it "add" hp. It just mimics one-to-one throttle control (or a variation of it). I'm grateful that.

Simple ...everyone is overthinking the install and the modification ...

This does not add HP but neither does a short shifter, or for that matter new tires but we all know they can make a difference in a track or a street race. What it produces is a more efficient foot to pedal response rate that you can fine tune to your preference ...I for one want to control this not just take the preset mother Chevy "lag a lot" setting..

Last edited by Cor430vette; 12-02-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Z5108
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested

Good question!
How hard is the install?
Old 12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Z5108
How hard is the install?
Ask the
Old 12-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Z5108
How hard is the install?
Easy.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Lerxst
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone compare and contrast the other competing product on this forum to this one (i.e. Cow Booster)?

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller - WOW!!!!

Old 12-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Lerxst
Can anyone compare and contrast the other competing product on this forum to this one (i.e. Cow Booster)?
Two completely different products ............that do the same thing

One is an adjustment to the gas pedal response made in the programing in the PCM ( COW ) . but this adjustment is fixed unless you ask for a Chuck for a change and then you have to reload it

The other is a box (Vitesse) that takes the gas pedal input , and depending on the setting you chose makes it more sensitive ( less lag ) or less sensitive ( more lag ) for a given input . so you can set it to anywhere that you like and you can make these changes on the fly

Not that many do make the changes , usually they find one setting that they like and leave it

So the only difference is its easier to change the response to suit your liking with the second one

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Z5108 (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default inadvertently

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with my traction control ..... I just loaded a Diablo Tune and now it breaks the tires loose on the 1st to 2nd shift ....

Have you ever driven a ZO6 ?
Mashing the throttle with traction control on results nothing but tire smoke ... is there anything wrong with it ....

There is a limit to how much power it can pull out ....

Dave
. ..
Actually, that's not correct. Some tuners actually "TURN OFF" or compromise the system's ability to

control wheel spin.

From a liability standpoint, tuning a car that way is very bad.

There is no reason the tuner should turn of TC because the option is selectable but the customer so, if

he wants it off, they have the option and they assume liability by doing so.

I've seen enough tunes where the tuner inadvertently turned it off because they didn't know what they were doing.

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 12-03-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Z5108
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Two torx screws hold the bottom cover on ... u also need to disconect the gas and hatch release switches

Don't forget it's easier to remove the pedal to get at the conector to remove it . Two 13 mm bolts and it drops right out . Sure beats trying to contort your body into shapes it does not want to go ... especially if you are as old as I am lol
How do you like the Intune. Does it really makes a different?

Quick Reply: Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller - WOW!!!!