C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newer Home Link

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:37 PM
tex929rrr
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newer Home Link

Hi, guys. I have a 2005 C6 I purchased new. I recently replaced the controllers of two electric gates with newer Liftmaster receivers. My 2005 version of Home Link can not be programmed to these receivers. I know that the newer Home Link module in my Ford Escape can be programmed to the new receivers. I can purchase a new C6 visor but I don't know if later C6's have units compatible with my receivers. I am also aware that at some point a different vendor (Lear?) replaced Home Link in newer C6's.

If anyone has programmed a factory C6 to a Liftmaster or Chamberlain opener with Security 2.0, I should be able to make it work.

Anyone?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:47 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by tex929rrr
Hi, guys. I have a 2005 C6 I purchased new. I recently replaced the controllers of two electric gates with newer Liftmaster receivers. My 2005 version of Home Link can not be programmed to these receivers. I know that the newer Home Link module in my Ford Escape can be programmed to the new receivers. I can purchase a new C6 visor but I don't know if later C6's have units compatible with my receivers. I am also aware that at some point a different vendor (Lear?) replaced Home Link in newer C6's.

If anyone has programmed a factory C6 to a Liftmaster or Chamberlain opener with Security 2.0, I should be able to make it work.

Anyone?
Not sure if this does you any good, but I installed our Chamberlain opener in 2010 and my 2006 visor programed it fine. As mentioned i'm not sure if this helps cause i'm not sure if our opener has the Security 2.0 you mention. Hopefully you'll know by the year we bought it if the info fits your needs. Assuming of course that we didn't buy an opener that was sitting around the store for years...LOL.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same problem and called my installer who told me Liftmaster is not compatible with GM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by blu_c6
I have the same problem and called my installer who told me Liftmaster is not compatible with GM.
Oops, my 03 and my 13 both programed to my lift master, we built the house in 2001.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:54 PM
kennya35
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a chamberlain that I bought a couple years ago, and I have never been able to get my 2012 GS with homelink to work with it. I have tried and tried and tried. Have used plenty of threads off here and still have never been able to get it to work. Good luck, I hope you get yours to work!
Old 10-28-2015, 04:09 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Although I have a C7 now, I'm programmed to two different LiftMasters, so it's definitely not a GM thing.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:33 PM
tex929rrr
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim2003
Oops, my 03 and my 13 both programed to my lift master, we built the house in 2001.
Originally Posted by kennya35
I have a chamberlain that I bought a couple years ago, and I have never been able to get my 2012 GS with homelink to work with it. I have tried and tried and tried. Have used plenty of threads off here and still have never been able to get it to work. Good luck, I hope you get yours to work!
Originally Posted by alienranch
Although I have a C7 now, I'm programmed to two different LiftMasters, so it's definitely not a GM thing.
Thanks everyone. My garage doors are older Liftmaster rolling code units and they programmed just fine. It's the Security 2.0 that is an issue. Since we put receivers on our firehouse doors and my new gate receivers (actually identical units) I have learned a lot about this stuff. But the visor openers are proprietary and it's tough to get info about them. As a last resort I may buy a newer Ford module and put it in my visor - a guy did it to his C5 and the pics look pretty good.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Sativa
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you need this: https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes...ibility-Bridge

In mid '07 the visors switched to car2u which need this: https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes...del-CAR2U-RPTR
Old 10-28-2015, 10:20 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by tex929rrr

Anyone?
My house was built in 08 with the chamberlain garage openers and I had no problem programming my 012. Works like a charm.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:31 AM
kennya35
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sativa
I think you need this: https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes...ibility-Bridge

In mid '07 the visors switched to car2u which need this: https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes...del-CAR2U-RPTR
Your exactly right Sativa, car2u, i was wrong about mine. However, there are threads on here where people have gotten the car2u to work without buying a repeater. I sure wish I could...
Old 10-29-2015, 10:02 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Not trying to insult your intellect here, but keep this in mind. I too had problems getting our Chamberlain to work with our 2006 C-6. Tried everything over and over many times in all different configurations and still couldn't get it to work. Finally one day I followed the directions VERY CLOSELY and figured out that I had been pushing the wrong button on the garage opener the whole time when trying to program it !!! DUH and double DUH. When I tried the button I should have been pushing it programed the first time. Bottom line: be sure you are pushing all the correct buttons in the correct sequence....etc...etc.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 AM
CHEV AGAIN
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I put in a Chamberland opener last spring, my 2010 GS opens it fine. ?

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Newer Home Link

Quick Reply: Newer Home Link