C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Grand Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

She's a beauty. Are those the GM "chicklets" below the rear brake ducts?
Weren't those dropped around '09?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:24 AM
vettetown
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickcat
Nice choice on a Grand Sport! Silver is a good looking but not flashy color choice.

Here are some pics of mine for you:

I blacked out the rear.

Silver looks real good on these cars but for me having everything silver is just too plain. I like how the grey lights and wheels along with the red stripes and black tail break the car up some and adds detail without making it too busy.

Matt
Great looking GS! They only offered the grey headlights as an option in the older models after 2010 right? Or did you do that yourself?

Did yours come with the red hash mark as well? I am trying to decide on the red hash mark or the black hash mark.

Also do you have the stock grey wheels? Would it be more affordable to just get the chrome powder coated or to try to sell my chrome wheels and find grey wheels?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:25 AM
vettetown
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe B.
She's a beauty. Are those the GM "chicklets" below the rear brake ducts?
Weren't those dropped around '09?
Yes they are, from what I can tell it looks like 2010 was the last year for them. I need to search around the forum on how to remove them. My first thought was with fishing line but want to do some research first to make sure thats the easiest way to remove them.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by vettetown
...If any other Blade Silver GS owners are out there I would love to see your pics as well...
Since you asked...

I've done my Blade Silver '13, using black accents where ever possible.

Headlamp buckets, fender badges, and wheels.
Plus, a 1/4" Red pin stripe, in the Cyber Gray war paint, to provide a small, understated, splash of color.

Not for everyone, but works well for me!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:17 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

congrats on a very nice GS. but pleassssssse, NO BLACK WHEELS. if anything, do the black and machined faced wheels like the silver vette pictured. they really make the car standout.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:19 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Evan70
Nice color, your's is a clone of mine except for the hashmarks:

and now the wheels:

looks great. thinking of putting those wheels on my Centennial Edition.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by billyboy47
congrats on a very nice GS. but pleassssssse, NO BLACK WHEELS. if anything, do the black and machined faced wheels like the silver vette pictured. they really make the car standout.
It all depends on whether you want to live in the past, or the present.

I agree, if you prefer the old school, hot rod bling look, go for machined, chrome, etc.

However, if you want a modern, high performance, race car look,...then you want high luster, piano lacquer, black!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:04 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Hameister
It all depends on whether you want to live in the past, or the present.

I agree, if you prefer the old school, hot rod bling look, go for machined, chrome, etc.

However, if you want a modern, high performance, race car look,...then you want high luster, piano lacquer, black!
Hammy, you have to admit that silver vette in post#26 looks very sharp with those wheels he had installed. all black wheels with the red border go very well with the Centennial Edition car, not all black on silver. don't get me wrong, you have a beautiful car, but with all black wheels it just seems to me something is missing. jmo
Old 09-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes they are, from what I can tell it looks like 2010 was the last year for them. I need to search around the forum on how to remove them. My first thought was with fishing line but want to do some research first to make sure thats the easiest way to remove them.
I'm thinking some of the '10's had them and some didn't. Check the photo gallery in this MT test. Yours may be one of the "rare" ones that still has the "GM Mark of Excellence".
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...nd_sport_test/
Old 09-09-2015, 12:06 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

The black wheels vs. chrome will go on forever....it's a matter of choice not so much "live in the past or the present"....I have chrome on my torch red GS...love the look as do most who see it....saw black on a 16 C7 Z06 , a beautiful deep blue and the red calipers put the whole thing together.....loved the look....but would not have if the car had been white! I have black wheels, with some machined silver touches on my black Subaru..love the look. ....but chrome on my "raven black" Escalade.....black wheels would not work for ME. Nice that we have the choices!!!

Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Mark Halverson
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Rear Spoiler

Nice! What spoiler do you have?
I bought it on E Bay. It is a GM Brand New part #19172811 paint code 17u Blade Silver. It comes painted ready to put on. It uses your third brake lite off the stock one. All you have to do is remove one screw and pull the inside tail light out to remove the two nuts holding the little spoiler on. change the third brake lite to the new spoiler. The instructions say to drill two holes in the rear bumper to attach, but I didn't want to do that. I bought 1/4 inch 3M two sided tape and installed it with using the two factory holes with nuts and two sided tape. 6,000 miles since I put it on and not one problem.

Last edited by Mark Halverson; 09-09-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Hammy, you have to admit that silver vette in post#26 looks very sharp with those wheels he had installed. all black wheels with the red border go very well with the Centennial Edition car, not all black on silver. don't get me wrong, you have a beautiful car, but with all black wheels it just seems to me something is missing. jmo
The upper photo with the chrome version of my Grand Sport wheels, simply isn't my taste, or I would have ordered my car that way.

The lower photo, with the "Spider" style polished face, and black barrels, looks very sharp!

I've mentioned before, the next car I order will have that type of wheel, or perhaps "Black Chrome", which is also a very sexy look.

There are many wheels today that embody the best of polished aluminum, steel, or chrome, with the stealthy look of black.
Best of both worlds, and best of all, it eliminates having to take sides.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
G Wrecks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought a 2010 GS over the weekend too! My first Vette and I love it. Came from a 2011 5.0

Old 09-09-2015, 02:07 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
I just bought a 2010 GS over the weekend too! My first Vette and I love it. Came from a 2011 5.0

sweet looking! congrats and Hammy will buy the first couple of rounds over at Hammy's bar and grill. tell him i sent you. second thought, better not.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

When you say you came from a "5.0" am I correct in assuming you're talking about a Mustang?

If that's a fact, no comparison, is there!

Enjoy your 'vette, Mr. Wrecks, and take Billy's advice, and stop by Hammy's for one on the house, plus a drinking partner!

sweet looking! congrats and Hammy will buy the first couple of rounds over at Hammy's bar and grill. tell him i sent you. second thought, better not.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:23 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,199 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

looks great. thinking of putting those wheels on my Centennial Edition.
If you're interested, I'm thinking of selling my Cup wheels & tires. I have one set with Michelin PS2s and TPMS, and a second set that is just the front wheels without tires and the rears with Michelin Cup 2s in 345/30R20 (little taller, but work well for traction). I've love the Cup wheels, but with my power level and the mods I'm about to do (600RW now, about to be closer to 700RW), I need to step back down to 19" rears so I can run drag radials on the street.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Evan70
If you're interested, I'm thinking of selling my Cup wheels & tires. I have one set with Michelin PS2s and TPMS, and a second set that is just the front wheels without tires and the rears with Michelin Cup 2s in 345/30R20 (little taller, but work well for traction). I've love the Cup wheels, but with my power level and the mods I'm about to do (600RW now, about to be closer to 700RW), I need to step back down to 19" rears so I can run drag radials on the street.
will they fit my 012 Centennial Edition? right now i have the 18's on the front and the 19's on the rear. not really interested in the tires though. by the way, are they in VERY GOOD condition? and how much?

Get notified of new replies

To New 2010 Grand Sport Owner

Old 09-09-2015, 03:36 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,199 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

will they fit my 012 Centennial Edition? right now i have the 18's on the front and the 19's on the rear. not really interested in the tires though. by the way, are they in VERY GOOD condition? and how much?
Yes, they are a direct fit for any C6 GS, Z06, ZR1 or 427. The second set is brand new, with only rear tires mounted (and only run on the car for about 100 miles). I could take the tires off those and sell the wheels for $1,250 plus shipping. That set of wheels is in perfect condition.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Mark Halverson
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Love it, great color!!!

Great Color, love it. They are so much fun
Old 09-09-2015, 06:12 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Hameister
When you say you came from a "5.0" am I correct in assuming you're talking about a Mustang?

If that's a fact, no comparison, is there!

Enjoy your 'vette, Mr. Wrecks, and take Billy's advice, and stop by Hammy's for one on the house, plus a drinking partner!

Hammy, your really making me look cheap here. I told Mr. Wrecks a couple of drinks, not one. come on, splurge a little, you have the money.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Grand Sport Owner