C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gear Linkage

Not really sure if this is the place to post new topics or new threads how ever here goes...Have a 2007 C6....Auto..got home yesterday and placed the gear shifter in P and the car started rolling backwards... shifter had no movement restriction at all...took the center console apart as per Corvette Forum..found the Linkage Bushing in pieces...purchased a fix kit from auto zone found a bushing that would work, how ever pulled the gear cable too far up and snapped something, there is a bracket along the cable that I can just feel by hand (unable to view) it's attached to the top of the drive shaft tunnel if you like but, there is something I've broken there....hand pulling the cable I was able to find all gears, so have put the console back together but feel I need to replace the linkage, my thoughts are that I do not know what I have damaged, question being do I replace the linkage all together, or is this fixable as is...if it needs to be replaced how difficult is it and do I need to put it in to service or can i do this myself??
Old 08-27-2015, 08:29 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ter-cable.html
Old 08-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Nightdiver
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shifter linkage

So how about this......as I am unable to lift this car right now...does the other end of the Shifter cable pass through the bottom of the car to the out side before going to the tranny?.....if so i guess I need to purchase jack and stands...as I sold everything tool wise before going full time camping....
Old 08-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy in the business says there's a TSB out on this. I'd check with a dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To Gear Linkage

Quick Reply: Gear Linkage