C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adams and Furman

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,915 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Truth be told you could grab something off the shelf at wally world for ten bucks or less and no one could tell the difference.
That's what I do. Maguire's Ultimate Wax and Ultimate detail spray work great for me.

Not knocking Adams as I have not tried them yet.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:54 PM
jwstegbauer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I made the switch with my ZO6-ZO7.

While the other products I used are good.....Adam's has a much deeper shine on my car....

Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 820 Likes on 389 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by donwil
Adams products are good but so are a dozen other product lines. I would like to see anyone look at 5 different vettes and be able to say"this one uses Adams and this one has Zaino on it and this one has Pinnacle..." and so on. I like to try many different products. One brand isn't the end all.
You are correct in the fact that unless you are a professional detailer and use the different products you will not be able to tell what products are used on different cars and maybe even a professional will not be able to tell.
Adam himself admits there are many great products available and he even mention Zaino as a top of the line product. There are a few things to consider however when selecting a product. First is the application process and then the longevity of the product. Also does the manufacturer stand behind his/her product. Finally and most important, does the product give you the look and finish you are looking for.
One last point, select Adams products are endorsed as the official product by GM for all new Corvette's and Camaro's.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:14 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Hey Jim, that's one awesome looking Z

[QUOTE=jwstegbauer;1590373528]I made the switch with my ZO6-ZO7.

While the other products I used are good.....Adam's has a much deeper shine on my car....[QUOTE]
Old 08-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
You are correct in the fact that unless you are a professional detailer and use the different products you will not be able to tell what products are used on different cars and maybe even a professional will not be able to tell.
Adam himself admits there are many great products available and he even mention Zaino as a top of the line product. There are a few things to consider however when selecting a product. First is the application process and then the longevity of the product. Also does the manufacturer stand behind his/her product. Finally and most important, does the product give you the look and finish you are looking for.
One last point, select Adams products are endorsed as the official product by GM for all new Corvette's and Camaro's.
There are a lot of high quality products on the market these days. IMO it comes down to using the product you feel works best for you, taking the time to do it right & using the right 'tools' (quality towels, applicators, buffing pads, etc.). I've tried a few different ones & am currently using Zaino. However, based on what I've heard and seen (here, on the Camaro forum & events I've gone to), I will be ordering Adams to give it a try.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:55 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
You make some good points and I will admit I don't pay much attention to the longevity of a product. I clean my ride often as I enjoy doing that.I do look for ease of application and then does it make my color pop the way I like it to. One product I just started using and really, really like is Prima Hydro Max spray sealant. So easy to use and leaves my paint glowing and super slick. Check it out I think you will like it.( Are we allowed to mention brands that are not sponsors? Sorry if I was wrong to do so.)
Old 08-30-2015, 12:03 AM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstegbauer
I made the switch with my ZO6-ZO7.

While the other products I used are good.....Adam's has a much deeper shine on my car....

Very sharp! Can we swap for a weekend- you take my 05 DSOM 6mn Z51 coupe 15k miles and I get to use your C7. I know its not really a fair trade for me but I'm ok with it.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:45 PM
bruuuuce
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started using Adams when I had a Dodge Challenger that needed paint correction. I could have picked from many companies but I like how Adams made it simple and it was effective.

I liked the system and just kept using their products, I love how the buttery wax and brilliant glaze make my paint feel so buttery smooth. Not that everyone gets to touch my car, but I know just how smooth that paint is. All their products are easy to use, I brag on them all the time.

Quick Reply: Adams and Furman