C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 c6 a6???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:54 PM
gtx076
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

It did get here today and I went by tonight to see it. Really good condition in and out. I did notice something about the clear headlight covers. They both appear to have abrasions on them. Looks like road rash? I have a pic of what I am talking about.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:16 AM
MarkB3
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
...I have never, ever, not even once, in any thread anywhere said what you accuse me of saying...
I attributed those comments to you because you argued with my original post about the superior quality of the early vettes. I conflated your comments with all the negative comments about the early C6's I've read on other 'help me buy' threads. And they are simply not true.

If I misquoted you I apologize.

Peace.

-Mark
Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by gtx076
It did get here today and I went by tonight to see it. Really good condition in and out. I did notice something about the clear headlight covers. They both appear to have abrasions on them. Looks like road rash? I have a pic of what I am talking about.

The photo appears to show "crazing", and is a very common issue with the C6 of any year.
Right now, it's showing up in the older model years, but in a few more years, it will become evident in the later model years as well.

Lens replacement can be done in a number of ways. The most expensive of which, is the replacement of the headlamp assy., but there are other less expensive methods.
There are numerous threads, within the C6 forums.
You can do a search on headlamp lens replacements, and gather all the information you wish.

How do you like the car otherwise?

Originally Posted by MarkB3
I attributed those comments to you because you argued with my original post about the superior quality of the early vettes. I conflated your comments with all the negative comments about the early C6's I've read on other 'help me buy' threads. And they are simply not true.

Peace.

-Mark
I can well imagine how you feel, given all the ridiculous, and unfounded comments about the '05.
I have never felt that way.
I simply feel that the later the model year a person purchases, the more enhancements, and improvements, he/she will experience.
Glad we cleared that up.
Peace...
Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That looks pretty bad. Use it as a bargaining tool. It will cost around a 1000 to replace the lenses. Can do it yourself if your brave enough for 300 to 400.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:03 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Peace.

-Mark
Way to man up and admit you made a mistake.

Lots of people would not.

I defended Hammy as I knew he would never say such things.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

The photo appears to show "crazing", and is a very common issue with the C6 of any year.
Right now, it's showing up in the older model years, but in a few more years, it will become evident in the later model years as well.

Lens replacement can be done in a number of ways. The most expensive of which, is the replacement of the headlamp assy., but there are other less expensive methods.
You can do a search on headlamp lens replacements, and gather all the information you wish.

I can well imagine how you feel, given all the ridiculous, and unfounded comments about the '05.
I have never felt that way.
I simply feel that the later the model year a person purchases, the more enhancements, and improvements, he/she will experience.
Glad we cleared that up.
Peace...

Old 08-10-2015, 08:20 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Batman75 "I found my 2005 Z51 one owner car in San Clemente. The owner was a retired female school teacher so I knew it hadn't been abused"

Batman, are you sure she isn't "The little old lady from Pasadena" .
Go Granny, go Granny, go Granny go.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Let us know how it worked out for you, and good luck.
Didn't you say "I won't be responding to this any further, it's obviously a total waste of time".

So what's this????
Old 08-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Peace.

-Mark
Originally Posted by Batman75
When you guys have time, you should stop off here...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-grill.html

The first drink is on the house.
We have only one rule,...rudeness, name calling, and snarky behavior is not tolerated.
The GS guys, and Base guys, the chrome wheel guys, and black wheel guys, are usually goin' at it but always in good fun.
Since the thread is designed as a meeting place, absolutely nothing is OT, so everything, and anything, is discussed.

Hope to see ya there...
Old 08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by COCO RICK
Didn't you say "I won't be responding to this any further, it's obviously a total waste of time".

So what's this????
I've "evolved". If Obama can evolve, so can I.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:33 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

I am close to finally getting another Vette. The 2000 C5 did not work out. I am looking at a 2007 Coupe with A6 and Z51 plus all options with 41K. I have not been able to drive and compare the LS2 against the LS3 but am assuming the LS2 will be a major improvement over the C5 LS1?
Not MUCH experienced here but my test drives had a seat of pants advantage of the LS2 over the LS1 but my LS3 feels to me like the LS2.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=COCO RICK;1590237443][QUOTE=Batman75 "I found my 2005 Z51 one owner car in San Clemente. The owner was a retired female school teacher so I knew it hadn't been abused"

Batman, are you sure she isn't "The little old lady from Pasadena" .
Go Granny, go Granny, go Granny go.[/QUOTE]

: lol:
Old 08-11-2015, 09:35 PM
gtx076
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

:
Just picked it up today. Good thing is I can demo for up to 30 days before I have to purchase. I am off tomorrow so I will get a chance to see how she runs.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:49 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Like a raped ape is my guess
Old 08-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I say get the one with the best condition/lowest miles with the best price. We have budgets for a reason, to live within our means. I'm all about power, so I'd compromise maybe 10Kmiles get the bigger engine, if they were the same price. I like to go look at Vettes because I have no life and I've realized as many Corvette nuts there are there many that DGAF and they have been abused.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I'd pass on that, those aren't cheap to replace and their sort of a centerpiece of the C6. Mine are 10 years old on a POS 05 and they are as clear as day. If the light covers are that poor, I can imagine what the paint will look like after the polish/wax/sealants wear off. Keep looking, you'll find the one. There are tons of Corvettes out for sale, not many know how to keep the paint nice.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:22 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Batman75
Did it occur to you that I'm only repeating my personal experience and don't have any reason to justify anything? Your claim that I and MarkB3 are poster children for buyer justification is
I've also read many CF threads about Corvette buyers honestly saying they weren't happy with their purchase.

Another of my replies on this thread explained how I feel about GM. Our law breaking president and GM protected the unions and screwed bond holders in 2009. Obama called the investors rich and greedy and said they should be the ones to sacrifice even though by law they should have been protected. I'm definitely not rich or greedy but many elderly retires like I lost a lot of money thinking bonds were safer than equities.

I had committed to never buying another GM or Chrysler product but since I wanted a Corvette for many years I justified buying my 05 because it was built when GM was still a good company.
GM was a good company in 05? Yeah, share some of whatever you are smoking.

The build quality is no different between any of the C6's. The mfg and assembly processes are identical.

the improvements (LS3, 6spd MT, etc) in the 08+ cars are real though.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 c6 a6???

Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3

The build quality is no different between any of the C6's. The mfg and assembly processes are identical.

Haha, I wasted four years of my life at Rochester Products (1977-1981).

My buddy and I kept telling each other, "This cannot last."

It took 30-some years but we were right.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Batman75
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3

I guess you missed the main point of my post.
Share what I'm smoking?---that is a pretty juvenile comment.

Last edited by Batman75; 08-12-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Orion2011
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

30hp is not a ton of difference. Though I've read that the 08+ have a lower rear end ratio which makes the difference seem much more than 30hp.

Quick Reply: 2007 c6 a6???