C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Fusion? Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 03:05 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Default B&B Fusion? Experiences?

I have been looking at the B&B Fusion exhaust conversion for my 2009 w/o NPP. Looks like Eckler's has the kit for $1,759. Anyone here have this exhaust system and, if so, do you think it's worth the price? I really don't like how quiet the stock exhaust system is on the C6, but I'm not looking for something that will drive me nuts with the drone at highway speeds. Does the "mild" setting on this system approximate the stock exhaust? Is the "wild" setting tolerable at speed? I had a Flowmaster on my LS1 powered Camaro and it was just about right. No excessive noise at highway speeds but nice rumble around town. I have cutouts on my 69 Mustang that I have long wanted to install those electric caps on. Way more convenient than climbing under the car with a wrench; especially if you've been driving the car before hand. If this B&B Fusion thing works out well, who knows? Maybe I'll electrify the cutouts on the old pony car.

Last edited by RagTop69; 08-05-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
rhathawy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well made, sound good, I'm happy with mine.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Great exhaust. I'm coming from the NPP stock system to it and overall has a much deeper tone. It also has a more refined note compared to the NPP.

Loud is decently loud and has a nice amp in volume around 3,000rpms. It will drone at highway speeds (1400-1700rpm range). Switch to quiet and eliminates about 80-90% of it. Quiet is louder than NPP quiet by a mile

Here's how it sounds with headers on my supercharged LS3

Exhaust valves OPEN...camera screwing up disregard but audio is fine. Don't mind title of video car is bolt-ons only

Switching between OPEN and CLOSED (Closed until 11 seconds then opened)

Driving around town with it...
Old 08-05-2015, 04:58 PM
The Wagner
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The B&B's look nicer, but the SLPs sound better IMO. SLP are cheaper too.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:12 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
I have been looking at the B&B Fusion exhaust conversion for my 2009 w/o NPP. Looks like Eckler's has the kit for $1,759. Anyone here have this exhaust system and, if so, do you think it's worth the price? I really don't like how quiet the stock exhaust system is on the C6, but I'm not looking for something that will drive me nuts with the drone at highway speeds. Does the "mild" setting on this system approximate the stock exhaust? Is the "wild" setting tolerable at speed? I had a Flowmaster on my LS1 powered Camaro and it was just about right. No excessive noise at highway speeds but nice rumble around town. I have cutouts on my 69 Mustang that I have long wanted to install those electric caps on. Way more convenient than climbing under the car with a wrench; especially if you've been driving the car before hand. If this B&B Fusion thing works out well, who knows? Maybe I'll electrify the cutouts on the old pony car.
I have had the Fusions on my 08 for over a year and highly recommend them. Mild is a little louder than stock and Wild is loud but not to loud. On the highway you do get some drone, bothers the wife, in Wild mode but just press the button and it goes away. It also looks much better than stock, fills up the back of the car. It's well made not to hard to instal I would recommend a lift but has been done with out one. There is a vacuum port on the rear of the intake manifold where you connect the vacuum line. The actuator fits easily in the passenger rear fender well. I ran both wires fuse box for power that was easy.
Check our Double D Mods http://www.doubledmods.com/ Dennis is the owner he can beat that price and his service is excellent. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Last edited by okie08vette; 08-05-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:42 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
I'm coming from the NPP stock system to it and overall has a much deeper tone. It also has a more refined note compared to the NPP.

Quiet is louder than NPP quiet by a mile
I agree, particularly that QUIET is MUCH LOUDER than stock or quiet NPP. So much so that I took it half-way toward stock with my custom inserts:
http://tinyurl.com/nlw6uht
Old 08-06-2015, 10:55 AM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

I had fusions on my 05 and also my 12 GS. Awesome sounding exhaust! I recently removed the fusions from my GS only because I wanted to try the Akrapovic system. The Fusions did NOT drone with the butterfly flaps closed under load, the Akrapovic exhaust DOES...

I'm selling the Fusions in the For Sale section

Last edited by gr86ss; 09-15-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added link to my for sale post
Old 08-06-2015, 01:34 PM
TWTX5459
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '05, so was not able to easily do dual mode. I went with B&B PRT axle back and am very happy with the sound. No drone, but appear to much louder and deeper than Corsa Sports, especially at idle. Found them online for $900 and had a local shop install for $150.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:18 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
love the fusions. got mine for $1349 shipped from corvette guys.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 PM
LMBZ4ME
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am happy with my Fusions and feel they are a quality product. As others have said they do drone at highway speeds even in quiet mode. If you get a chance find someone at a local car show who has this installed and ask them for a ride. Judge for yourself.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:55 PM
10thumper
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Excellent exhaust and very well made. I'm actually not too far from you and selling mine (hardly used) if you're interested in saving a little off a new one. Mine is for a GS but it can be made to fit.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:29 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

I have 3" Fusions behind Z06 headers/cats/xpipe on my Grandsport and I have ZERO drone when closed.

When open there is some harmonics at around 1700 RPM's but the frequency is not bad and it is not loud enough that it causes any issues. I drive around with the exhaust open all the time and to be frank I don't even notice the drone any more.

Remember, how the drone resonance effects people is going to vary from person to person. That is why some owners of one brand of exhaust will swear there is no drone at all when another owner with the exact same exhaust on their car will admit to hearing drone at steady cruising speeds.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:13 PM
jovette
Melting Slicks

Received 101 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by LMBZ4ME
I am happy with my Fusions and feel they are a quality product. As others have said they do drone at highway speeds even in quiet mode. If you get a chance find someone at a local car show who has this installed and ask them for a ride. Judge for yourself.
I replaced the OEM NPP with the full 3" Fusions on my 2013 427 convertible. I agree with above quote. There is some mild drone that I can live with in Mild mode @ the 1,600-1,700 rpm range. The sound is great when running it in wild mode or when rpms exceed 3,500. Very well made and fitment is great. Good product.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:29 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Considering the fusions as well, I currently have the bullets with slp headers and its stooopid loud
Old 09-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

I have had fusions on my car and they sound great....keep in mind that the fitment in some cases is a PITA. Akras are much easier to fit perfectly as their tips are removable and therefore can be adjusted for perfect fitment without adjusting the whole thing....
Zero drone on quite mode for me...drone around 2k RPM with it open...
Old 09-14-2015, 08:42 PM
StrykerZ06
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had the B&B Fusions on for about a year... replaced the Stock muffler as the NPP's were pulled off prior to my purchase of the car. I have the mild to wild switch mounted on the dead pedal switch to avoid the fob approach. Mild is when wifey is with me.. otherwise, I run wild all the time. Road time does equal mild.... Maybe.. sometimes you have to make a point!!!

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Fusion? Experiences?

Quick Reply: B&B Fusion? Experiences?