C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers door switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 PM
ibicycle
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Drivers door switch

Folks,
Drivers door started not opening sometimes. The window will index down but the door won't release. Took the switch off ,looked clean but alcoholed it off anyway, same deal. With the door open when the switch is pushed you can hear a click in the dash but sometimes the latch will release and sometimes not. It's too hot in the garage right now to try switching the switches. But it seems the problem is in the release mechanism rather than the switch. Like I said the window will index down but the latch won't release. It works intermittently. Any ideas?
Thanks, Dave
Old 07-26-2015, 09:37 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Might try to grease the latch and work it a few times. If not time to replace it.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:07 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 437 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Might try to grease the latch and work it a few times. If not time to replace it.
sounds like the latch. This thread discusses it
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...sometimes.html
Old 07-26-2015, 10:14 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Chean the latch then lube it.I use the GM lube.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:47 PM
ibicycle
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Folks,
So I played with the door open and closing the latch and pushing the pad and it appears the latch is bad. Sometimes it work sometimes not. I saw a video on YouTube and it doesn't look too complicated. Anybody done this repair? Can you easily remove the 2 manual door releases and reinsert them in the new latch? I've seen latches for sale with and without the manual releases. It would seem you could buy the latch without the manual releases and use the ones in the car if they can be removed from the bad latch and rebooked to the new latch. Anyone done this?
Thanks, Dave
Old 07-26-2015, 11:51 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Just had the same exact issue....i tried lube, no help..... Dealer replaced the lock mechanism in the door jamb....I now find myself using the floor release naturally....
Old 07-27-2015, 05:28 PM
TXredc3
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ibicycle
Folks,
So I played with the door open and closing the latch and pushing the pad and it appears the latch is bad. Sometimes it work sometimes not. I saw a video on YouTube and it doesn't look too complicated. Anybody done this repair? Can you easily remove the 2 manual door releases and reinsert them in the new latch? I've seen latches for sale with and without the manual releases. It would seem you could buy the latch without the manual releases and use the ones in the car if they can be removed from the bad latch and rebooked to the new latch. Anyone done this?
Thanks, Dave
I bought a used latch off the forum for $75. It came with the manual release attached. I just ended up connecting my existing manual release to the latch I bought. Was easy enough. Entire project should only take a beer or two.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers door switch

Quick Reply: Drivers door switch