C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The bitchin' and moanin' thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:34 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Default The bitchin' and moanin' thread

About eBay feedback when buying: Why does everyone I buy from send me messages to the effect that "if" I leave them good feedback, they'll do the same....and this is even before they've shipped my purchase.

Really? My part is already done. I chose to purchase your item and paid immediately via PayPal. What other feedback could you possibly give me other than "Homey paid real fast! Excellent Buyer! Will do business with again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, A++++!!!!!"?

So basically, you're unashamedly holding positive feedback for me hostage for the potential of my less than stellar feedback to you?

Oh, and another thing...why is it that everywhere I go, people are always pointing out on my receipt that if I just conduct their survey, I will be entered into a contest for a free iPad or some $hit? Look, I just want my f'ing bag O' tacos. It's 2a.m. I'm buzzed. I'm tired. I have no sense of smell or taste. All I want is a bag full of Taco Bell goodness including fourteen apple empanadas that I won't even remember eating much less my interaction with you. Imagine then my incentive to drop everything the next day during an epic hangover to do your survey. Seriously?

What's next? Toilet paper surveys? "How was your bowel movement in our customer lavatory today?"

Oh and USPS... I just wasted half an hour of my life in line because that fossil apparently is mailing something for the first time since the Pony Express and the Luisiana Purchase. I'll be collecting Social Security by the time Betsy Ross finishes her dumb story about her Schnauzers so no way I'm then going to waste what's left of my life describing my Post Office torture. What kind of feedback do you really want me to leave? How about a special line for relics with a sign that says "Ol' phukkers line up here" so that everyone else can return to their kids evenutally?

How about mail-in rebates? Dude, Year 2000 is calling. I am not cutting off the UPC of anything to mail to you for that 35 cents back. You and I both know that it costs me more than that just to mail it to you so how about you let the last century die and just reduce your price at the register? Price reduction, I'll buy. Mail-in rebate won't get me off the couch. More importantly, don't advertise your **** for a great price and then in micro text say "*After mail-in rebate. Please allow 10-12 years for delivery"

Don't even get me started on the 10-items-or-less line........

Last edited by Tropicana; 07-19-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:54 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Tropicana
About eBay feedback when buying: Why does everyone I buy from send me messages to the effect that "if" I leave them good feedback, they'll do the same....and this is even before they've shipped my purchase.

Really? My part is already done. I chose to purchase your item and paid immediately via PayPal. What other feedback could you possibly give me other than "Homey paid real fast! Excellent Buyer! Will do business with again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, A++++!!!!!"?

So basically, you're unashamedly holding positive feedback for me hostage for the potential of my less than stellar feedback to you?

Oh, and another thing...why is it that everywhere I go, people are always pointing out on my receipt that if I just conduct their survey, I will be entered into a contest for a free iPad or some $hit? Look, I just want my f'ing bag O' tacos. It's 2a.m. I'm buzzed. I'm tired. I have no sense of smell or taste. All I want is a bag full of Taco Bell goodness including fourteen apple empanadas that I won't even remember eating much less my interaction with you. Imagine then my incentive to drop everything the next day during an epic hangover to do your survey. Seriously?

What's next? Toilet paper surveys? "How was your bowel movement in our customer lavatory today?"

Oh and USPS... I just wasted half an hour of my life in line because that fossil apparently is mailing something for the first time since the Pony Express and the Luisiana Purchase. I'll be collecting Social Security by the time Betsy Ross finishes her dumb story about her Schnauzers so no way I'm then going to waste what's left of my life describing my Post Office torture. What kind of feedback do you really want me to leave? How about a special line for relics with a sign that says "Ol' phukkers line up here" so that everyone else can return to their kids evenutally?

How about mail-in rebates? Dude, Year 2000 is calling. I am not cutting off the UPC of anything to mail to you for that 35 cents back. You and I both know that it costs me more than that just to mail it to you so how about you let the last century die and just reduce your price at the register? Price reduction, I'll buy. Mail-in rebate won't get me off the couch. More importantly, don't advertise your **** for a great price and then in micro text say "*After mail-in rebate. Please allow 10-12 years for delivery"

I would hate to see you or hear you when bad things, I mean really bad, life-changing events ruin your day. Your blood pressure must be pretty high.

Take a chill pill and don't sweat the small stuff. You'll live longer and happier.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:17 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Thanks man. Well actually, I'm a beaten-up combat vet barely able to care for myself, much less an incontinent, elderly parent with advanced dementia by myself so I'm pretty well aquainted with real struggles but this isn't about the biggest swingin' dick. I thought I'd just poke fun at the more trivial annoyances in life. Thank you for your assumptions however.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:14 AM
doubleD
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Tropicana, let us know when you will be out on the road driving your C6 Corvette so we can stay home out of your way!
Old 07-19-2015, 04:36 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Haha, I never drink and drive if that's what you mean.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:21 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,235 Likes on 2,170 Posts

To answer your ebay question, it's because sellers ARE NOT allowed to leave negative feedback anymore, only buyers.

So if a seller sends you something, he/she is somewhat concerned on what feedback you'll leave them hence giving you the reminder that please leave positive feedback so they can do the same.

It would suck if the seller put, "awesome super fast payment", at the time of the payment. You get your package, decide to be a d*ck and put a negative feedback on him.

OR he puts, "super fast payment, great ebayer" at the time of the payment, yet you get your package maybe not as fast as your anticipated. Not the seller fault, maybe a delay in shipping, and you get your package say 3-4 business later than normally. You leave negative feedback. Then too late, the seller already gave his positive, and you gave a negative. There is no more chance at making a mutual agreement on how to resolve what just happened with that transaction.

I been buying/selling on ebay since may 2003, i have over 500 on my feedback, not much but it's ok and i still have 100%. I am one of those people who say, "please leave me feedback so i can do the same", and i explained above.

Ebay favors buyers more than they favor sellers. Because ebay are crooks. They already make a cut off the stuff you sell so if you get scammed (BY THE BUYER THEY FAVOR), it's too bad, they already got their money and they make you deal with paypal, a partner of ebay.

I've dealt with paypal before and they're idiots. Robotic like staff that follow a script when you call them. They have zero intention on helping you. They just read what they're supposed to say to you with whatever you need help with but in the end it's always, "we'll try our best to resolve this, please allow 3-4 weeks before we come up with a resolution".

So yeah if you buy something from someone on ebay, expect not to get feedback until you leave feedback first. That's what i do when i sell. And that's what i've noticed when i buy stuff from people.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:47 AM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I sense the OP's frustration, however these things are easily ignored. I just don't leave feedback for anything, and I don't complete surveys - ever. Never had a problem with PayPal or Amazon. Had one issue years ago with an eBay seller which was promptly resolved with a PayPal refund. I do expect items to be in stock and available, prompt fulfillment and quick, low-cost shipping.

I buy the product, and if it's satisfactory, then that's it and time to move on. The seller has my money, and I've got their product - end of transaction. If there's a problem, I'll address it directly with the seller rather than air my displeasure on some feedback forum.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:48 AM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Tropicana, I agree with you on all accounts. I've simply stopped leaving feedback anymore. If you've done your part (payment), then your half of the transaction is complete, therefore you've given the seller justification for feedback. It doesn't matter if you're a 'dick' with your feedback once you receive the package; you've already met your initial obligation by giving the seller your money.

You seem like the kind of guy who actually says "You're welcome" after someone says "Thank you."

jf
Old 07-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Bob Yocum
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tropicana, I agree with you 100%,I could not have said it any better.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:56 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Thanks man. Well actually, I'm a beaten-up combat vet barely able to care for myself, much less an incontinent, elderly parent with advanced dementia by myself so I'm pretty well aquainted with real struggles but this isn't about the biggest swingin' dick. I thought I'd just poke fun at the more trivial annoyances in life. Thank you for your assumptions however.
Beats me why you are annoyed. Most of what you posted related to things which are voluntary. Don't like rebates? Ignore them. Don't like eBay feedback? Don't feedback. Don't like USPS? Use USPS online. Don't like toilet paper surveys? Don't fill them out.

Try to get out more.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:11 AM
RoadkingC6
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Luckily for you you have dimentia, so you probably already forgot most of the things that annoy you !!!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:38 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,301 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Seems that I get my positive feedback pretty much the same day I buy something. I've been buying on eBay since they started and I haven't had your experience.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:49 AM
BROCKYJACK
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Good stuff. Thanks for your service! From an ol phukker
Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RoadkingC6
Luckily for you you have dimentia, so you probably already forgot most of the things that annoy you !!!
Thank God I have that to look forward to!

Originally Posted by BROCKYJACK
Good stuff. Thanks for your service! From an ol phukker
Thank YOU!

Hahaha, anyway, hope everyone got a chuckle. I'd mail you all apple empanadas but you know how that goes.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Beats me why you are annoyed. Most of what you posted related to things which are voluntary. Don't like rebates? Ignore them. Don't like eBay feedback? Don't feedback. Don't like USPS? Use USPS online. Don't like toilet paper surveys? Don't fill them out.

Try to get out more.
Yup, that's what I do.

I got a survey the other day about my doctor, who is without question the best, nicest, doctor I've ever had. But the survey? -- went in the trash.

Although my whole life I've lived very frugally, my time is worth something so I've NEVER sent in rebates -- too much hassle.

I also never bother with "Would you like one of our cards? You can save . . . " They come from drug stores, pet stores, yadda yadda yadda. I always tell them "No thanks. I don't have any more room in my wallet for cards. Here's my cash, take it or leave it." Fishing around for the right card to save a half a buck just isn't worth my time.

As for frustration, try a year-long transition from self-employed Blue Cross health insurance to Medicare with a BC supplement. I told my buddy the other day that it was the worst thing I've ever done as far as poring over endless paperwork, endless phone calls in which it was nearly impossible to talk to a human -- and much of this was required because Medicare is NOT optional.

Being over the hump now, with all the cards in my wallet which will go into effect on August 1, it has been a huge relief.

Screw any voluntary stuff, life is too short for that.

Get notified of new replies

To The bitchin' and moanin' thread

Quick Reply: The bitchin' and moanin' thread