C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

start button

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Red Devil Z51
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Default start button

quick question i don't have service manuals so how hard is it to replace the start button on a 2007 lt3 coupe? Thinking about putting in a painted 1 thanks all
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by james howard
quick question i don't have service manuals so how hard is it to replace the start button on a 2007 lt3 coupe? Thinking about putting in a painted 1 thanks all
i havent done it myself, but read several posts that make it seem easy, here is one with pictures with the descriptions..
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-problem.html
Old 06-27-2015, 07:36 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

There is no such thing as a 2007 lt3 coupe. There are 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT but no lt3. Replacing the start switch is easy in all of them and the process is the same for all three trim levels.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:52 AM
mabryusmc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its pretty easy. Heres a video of me removing my gauge trim.... the start is the same process... once its off the start switch is super easy. And you can do you gauge trim rings while youre at it

Old 06-27-2015, 09:34 AM
mhatton222
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Having done this one, I can tell you the trick is re-attaching the instrument bezel. Couple of things that videos and how to's did not mention: 1) having a helper makes this a much easier task 2) take your time and line up the clips 3) make sure none of the metal shrouds on the clips have come off or remained stuck when you pull off the instrument bezel.

To the last one in particular- I was done with my install and spent several minutes and multiple tries getting the bezel to go back in place. After my frustration level increased, I took a deep breath and walked away for a few minutes- upon return, I realized one of the metal clips had not come off with the bezel so it was impeding the re-install. After re-affixing the clip the bezel went back in place with no problems.

Good luck, I put in one of the painted start switched myself and am very pleased with the look.

Get notified of new replies

To start button

Quick Reply: start button