C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 power driver seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Ask12b1
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C6 power driver seat not working

I recently purchased a 2006 corvette from a forum member. Just a few days after purchase, the driver power seat started to work only intermittently and now doesn't work at all. Luckily I saved my memory presets before it stopped working. The seat moves when the memory buttons, including the exit button, are pressed. The lumbar buttons work as well. But, the front/back/up/down button does not wrk at all. Can anyone provide any help? Thanks in advance for your help...
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by Ask12b1
I recently purchased a 2006 corvette from a forum member. Just a few days after purchase, the driver power seat started to work only intermittently and now doesn't work at all. Luckily I saved my memory presets before it stopped working. The seat moves when the memory buttons, including the exit button, are pressed. The lumbar buttons work as well. But, the front/back/up/down button does not wrk at all. Can anyone provide any help? Thanks in advance for your help...
I responded to a similar thread this month.
Here is the thread, wiring diagrams, and pics.
Hope it helps:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-working.html
Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Ask12b1
Advanced

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
I responded to a similar thread this month.
Here is the thread, wiring diagrams, and pics.
Hope it helps:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-working.html
Thanks! I read the link. So, if it doesn't move in any position, does it mean that one wire could be loose, or does it mean all don't work? How would I check each connector in the wiring harness? Also, is there a way to check the switch itself to see if it could be the problem? If I could eliminate the switch, it would mean that it would have to be in the wiring harness, correct? If it's a switch, I'll do it myself. If it's in the wiring, I may have to leave it to a "professional".
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks! I read the link. So, if it doesn't move in any position, does it mean that one wire could be loose, or does it mean all don't work? How would I check each connector in the wiring harness? Also, is there a way to check the switch itself to see if it could be the problem? If I could eliminate the switch, it would mean that it would have to be in the wiring harness, correct? If it's a switch, I'll do it myself. If it's in the wiring, I may have to leave it to a "professional".
The switch would be the least likely culprit IMO. It could be just the connector (s) under the seat, or at the switch itself. It's possible it's a broken wire. If you lift the seat to get at the connector, you may see the issue quickly. Play with the connector, and try the seat switch at the same time.
Good Luck
Old 05-27-2015, 09:41 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

The first thing I'd check are the main power wires going into the memory module. It's the plug in the middle. On my car those wires were severed off. I'm trying to dig up the posts I made about it with pics when I had a very similar issue. I'll reply if I do find them.
The following users liked this post:
titus40 (07-03-2019)
Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine did a similar thing,, but I don't have memory.. Seat would not move while I was sitting in it, but would if I adjusted if when standing out side.. the motor connector had gone bad and it needed a new motor.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:21 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,917 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

When memory is use does the seat move back/forward up/down? If so motor is fine.

I would check the connector under the seat. Make sure it is tight and no broken wires. Many people have put a zip tie on the connector.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:19 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SEVINN
The first thing I'd check are the main power wires going into the memory module. It's the plug in the middle. On my car those wires were severed off. I'm trying to dig up the posts I made about it with pics when I had a very similar issue. I'll reply if I do find them.
To find your post, go to UserCP Tab, inside there is Subscribed Threads, click on "List Subscriptions", and you will likely find it that usually very long list.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Ask12b1
Advanced

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I will certainly begin looking at the module connectors before I attempt to remove and replace it and/or the switch (hopefully save a little "dough" in the process after having just purchased the vette).

To LV2TOUR's point, you mention "lifting" the seat...do you mean removing it or is there a way to lift it somehow without unbolting it?

Please forgive me, I'm somewhat new at the whole "working on a car" thing, I am really excited about it, but cautious at the same time...don't want to create a problem I can fix, or have fixed, inexpensively if I don't have to.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:32 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I will certainly begin looking at the module connectors before I attempt to remove and replace it and/or the switch (hopefully save a little "dough" in the process after having just purchased the vette).

To LV2TOUR's point, you mention "lifting" the seat...do you mean removing it or is there a way to lift it somehow without unbolting it?

Please forgive me, I'm somewhat new at the whole "working on a car" thing, I am really excited about it, but cautious at the same time...don't want to create a problem I can fix, or have fixed, inexpensively if I don't have to.
If you remove the front 2 bolts, and loosen the rear bolts from the floor, you can tilt the seat back some to get access to the connectors.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Perhaps I didn't take any pictures, but here is my thread. You'll see a good writeup that a fellow member was able to make by combining our experiences. Our problems were the fact that the seat wouldn't move and we couldn't get to the bolts because it was stuck too far back.

Thanks for the subscriptions idea LV2TOUR it helped alot. I normally go through the hard way and look through individual posts.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1583267248
Old 06-04-2015, 08:14 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SEVINN
Perhaps I didn't take any pictures, but here is my thread. You'll see a good writeup that a fellow member was able to make by combining our experiences. Our problems were the fact that the seat wouldn't move and we couldn't get to the bolts because it was stuck too far back.

Thanks for the subscriptions idea LV2TOUR it helped alot. I normally go through the hard way and look through individual posts.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1583267248
That's a great write up for anyone having the broken wire issues, and the seat won't move for them.

I'm glad that the subscription idea worked for you. It's an easy way to find out what threads you were on. I purge mine every once in awhile, just to keep them manageable.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 power driver seat not working

Quick Reply: C6 power driver seat not working