C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

officer pulled me over.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:08 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by ray_ray
an officer pulled me over for having a license plate light out..whats the craziest question have you been ask by the officer?after checking my license and registration and handing them back to me. He ask me if i had any dead body parts in the truck.Kinda shocked me for a minute.
Finally just said no sir..officer grinned and went on his way...any other crazy questions any of you been asked?

What truck?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:25 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default reminds me.....

......cop pulls me over, I reply, "I guess you want me to buy tickets to the policemen's ball" He replies, "the police don't have any *****." Sorry, at least it was brief.....
Old 04-27-2015, 07:26 PM
jcortney
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, a bit off topic as I didn't get pulled over, but I was in my Monty Red 07 C6 Vert.

I was driving from Dallas to Birmingham Alabama to see my brother. In some small town just over the Alabama boarder, in the middle of a story book tree lined really nice town was a sign in the middle of the two lane road. It said "Drug Checkpoint Ahead". Two cars in front of me a pickup truck makes a U turn. Did I say that there was a No U Turn Sign? Across the street was a plain black Mustang with a, yep you got it, a cop just a waiting. The really funny part, there was no Drug Checkpoint Ahead. I guess the U Turn gave them probable cause.

When I realized there was nothing ahead, I laughed my butt off.

Joe
Old 04-27-2015, 11:36 PM
fred D
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ray_ray
an officer pulled me over for having a license plate light out..whats the craziest question have you been ask by the officer?after checking my license and registration and handing them back to me. He ask me if i had any dead body parts in the trunk.Kinda shocked me for a minute.
Finally just said no sir..officer grinned and went on his way...any other crazy questions any of you been asked?
I had a friend who was a small town LEO in Washington state. He use to jokingly say he issues a blank ticket to you when you enter the town and YOU fill it out, when you screw up.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:23 AM
bolivar
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got tapped in the rear when the car was 4 days old. One of the police that responded asked me how fast I had driven it. I didn't answer. The woman that hit me did not get a ticket..... Didn't understand this.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:36 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Coming home from Americade (Upstate NY Motorcycle Rally) couple of years ago on my Harley. Five hours on the road, hot, Saturday afternoon traffic, I'm running down the middle lane, traffic backed up in the right to exit. I wait till the last possible moment, cut across 2 lanes, across the stripped area and merge into the exit lane, wrong I know but I want to get home. Highway Patrol standing right there signals me over. License and reggie check, I'm pullin' out all the stops, "coming home from Americade, hot, traffic, 5 hours on the bike", anything. He hands me my paperwork and says "So how was it?", I say "How was what?", he says "Americade?". Proceeds to talk to me for about 10 minutes, he had a Road King and was a rider too. After awhile a red car does the exact same thing I did, he says "Excuse me, I gotta pull this red car over, have a good ride home and be careful!" Smiling and thanking the traffic Gods as I ride away, I still think of that "How was it?" comment to this day...

Last edited by RobLo; 04-28-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by jcortney
...I was driving from Dallas to Birmingham Alabama to see my brother. In some small town just over the Alabama boarder, in the middle of a story book tree lined really nice town was a sign in the middle of the two lane road. It said "Drug Checkpoint Ahead". Two cars in front of me a pickup truck makes a U turn. Did I say that there was a No U Turn Sign? Across the street was a plain black Mustang with a, yep you got it, a cop just a waiting. The really funny part, there was no Drug Checkpoint Ahead. I guess the U Turn gave them probable cause...
They do that here right before the bridge to the beach quite often. We have a LOT of tourists and many get to spend a little more money than they expected and some get to spend their first night here in jail. They use the big programmable sign that directs traffic for events. By the time you see the sign there is only one place to turn around. One car with flashing lights on the bridge just to ensure "compliance", and every unmarked car we have on the other side of the road to issue the tickets and do the searches. Nothing on the far side of the bridge. My property tax is slightly lower because we have this tax on the stupid.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Just a few weeks ago I was lost in Laconia, NH driving an SUV. I found myself in a left turn lane and realized I needed to go straight as the light turned green. I shifted over, right in front of a cop car – not dangerously close but not a smart thing to do.

He pulled me over. As he approached the car I started into my apology, “very sorry, officer, I know that was a stupid thing to do…”. He knew I was lost and just said, “Where are you trying to get to?” He never mentioned being cut off, he just wanted to help and gave me directions. He never even asked for license & registration. This guy was a prince among LEOs.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Z-ZANY
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Never been pulled over in my Vett. I did get pulled over in my last car (2000 Grand Prix Daytona) once. It was weird. Woman officer says she pulled me over because I was driving a really nice car in a bad area. Well, it was not a bad area at all. Not even close. She takes my license and registration and runs it. Comes back to my car and says my tags are not registered with the state. It was a personal tag that said 1of2000 since there were 2000 Daytona Grand Prixs made. I said what do you mean? She said I ran your tags and it came back no such tag. I said well your looking right at it so there IS such a tag. She said I ran one oh eff two oh oh oh. I said try one oh eff two zero zero zero. Then she found it, apologized and sent me on my way. Just weird.
She must have done well on the exam. Gotta love the quota system.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

This is what I call "cop lies" and "silly questions". They are designed to initiate unneeded conversation to get in your business or to see if you react in a way that shows a guilty conscience.

cop lies-
"we had a report of a gunshot"
"there's someone out there that with a description that matches your vehicle"
"I'm checking on a 911 call from this house" (I had this once with no phone connected)
"someone escaped from county mental health who looks like you" (had this one walking to the train station at 4:30 in the morning).

If they ask you how many AK's are in your trunk and you don't say "What!?" or laugh, then they start to get real interested.

Last edited by mike100; 04-28-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mike100

If they ask you how many AK's are in your trunk and you don't say "What!?" or laugh, then they start to get real interested.
I answer that one honestly "25...Care to buy one??
Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 AM
markab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol had a cop pulled me over and i swear he had me dead to rights i was going 75 in a 55, young fella walks up to the car and say's you know hy i pulled you over? i said no sir, he said you have a front plate missing, can i have your license and registartion sir hand it to him he came back with a $75.00 ticket, for the missing plate then says to me as he was leaving, SGM please slow down and have a nice day..lol whew
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I would have said, "just a couple arms n' legs, not as much room back there as my van..." And drove off with a grin. No not really, that probably wouldn't end well.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:03 AM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Like the helpful wife

Sounds like the helpful blonde who tried to defend her husband after bein stopped for speeding. The officer asked, "sir do you realize you were driving 15 mile perhour over the speed limit?" The wife intejects, "that can't be true, he never speeds after a hard night of drinking."

Originally Posted by TxLefty
May have been looking for a confession. Along the lines of, "No, sir. All I have back there is a little weed".
Old 04-28-2015, 11:03 AM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
I would have said, "just a couple arms n' legs, not as much room back there as my van..." And drove off with a grin. No not really, that probably wouldn't end well.
Lol. that thought did cross my mind..glad i didn't say what i was thinking..
Old 04-28-2015, 11:28 AM
ICU2TV
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Texas State Trooper stopped me for what he said was 95 in a 55 from one freeway to another on an elevated on ramp. I told him I was clearly going 107 so his radar did not work right. He then said why did you stop so fast once I seen him on the side road to the freeway and said "I did not get the chance to chase you up the freeway".
Warning for going 107 in 55 after the power tour 2012 from Dallas to Amarillo. He was truly a cool guy about it all and we still talk about it today with our friends.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:32 AM
mickey5
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts

Got pulled over a mile from a restaurant where we were attending a Christmas party. When I asked why he pulled me over he said I had cut him off although my wife and I never saw him. Asked for my creds and checked them on his computer. Gave them back and told me to drive carefully. As I was putting my docs back in my wallet I noticed that I had inadvertently given him my Vette creds but we were in the Tahoe. LOL

Get notified of new replies

To officer pulled me over.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:09 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Itshakes
Was she a blond???
Regardless of hair color, she was dense
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by jcortney
Ok, a bit off topic as I didn't get pulled over, but I was in my Monty Red 07 C6 Vert.

I was driving from Dallas to Birmingham Alabama to see my brother. In some small town just over the Alabama boarder, in the middle of a story book tree lined really nice town was a sign in the middle of the two lane road. It said "Drug Checkpoint Ahead". Two cars in front of me a pickup truck makes a U turn. Did I say that there was a No U Turn Sign? Across the street was a plain black Mustang with a, yep you got it, a cop just a waiting. The really funny part, there was no Drug Checkpoint Ahead. I guess the U Turn gave them probable cause.

When I realized there was nothing ahead, I laughed my butt off.

Joe
This is now/has been illegal in " a lot" of states...
Old 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
dbischoff
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A cop radared me doing 67 in a 50 zone and pulled me over. Around here usually everyone drives about 10 over the speed limit, so I was getting frustrated by everyone in front of me going so slow and tried to zip around them.

I earned the ticket, but the cop asked me if I was the original owner of the car (that seemed like a weird question). I said "no, it was a few years old when I bought it". He said "Do you know your front side windows have an applied tint film? That is not allowed because it is a safety hazard. The film can act as an unbreakable membrane if people are pinned in the car in an accident, and can be hard to break them out". I genuinely did not know they were tinted, they were only slightly dark.

He then went to his car to check my ID/license, and, I guess after learning that my driving record is unblemished, came back and said: "The speeding ticket would have cost you $195 and some demerit points on your license, but I will overlook that, but charge you a $57 fine for having the window tint film. It won't cost you any points, but you could be repeatedly fined $57 if you keep the film."

Quick Reply: officer pulled me over.