C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How much for front and rear pads fitted
$300
13.33%
$600
26.67%
$900
33.33%
$2450
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Just how much for a set of Z06 front and rear pads fitted?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:38 PM
hungryhorace
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just how much for a set of Z06 front and rear pads fitted?!?

Last year I was quoted nearly $640 for a replacement air filter to be fitted. Today I was blown away by the quote to replace front and rear pads (pads only not rotors)

Have a guess how much
Old 04-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

For sure go back to the same place as your air filter quote was from, he must have some magical beans he uses
You will get some opinions I bet
NSF
Old 04-21-2015, 05:53 PM
hungryhorace
Pro

ITs the 2500 dollar option.

I understand dealers need to make a few quid to cover operating costs but the most I would expect is 2 hours labour (at most) to change pads only. Even though they told me this was the price for pads only, I wonder if that have given a price to include discs/rotors?!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Buy the pads and dyi.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm having mine done today. Front and rear for $150 labor. Not bad for around here. The dealership wanted $180 which wasn't horrible for a stealership but I just don't like going there. Each time I have been there in the past something went "not as planned". I finally found a good local guy who takes extra care with the car and does good work.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

BTW, I picked up the pads for $42 total for front AND rear for an 07 base. Can't post where I bought them but search google for the below description and it will take you to the site.
ACDelco 14D731CH Advantage Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set
ACDelco 14D732CH Advantage Ceramic Rear Disc Brake Pad Set
Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM
radbluesfan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elizabeth City Vette
BTW, I picked up the pads for $42 total for front AND rear for an 07 base. Can't post where I bought them but search google for the below description and it will take you to the site.
ACDelco 14D731CH Advantage Ceramic Front Disc Brake Pad Set
ACDelco 14D732CH Advantage Ceramic Rear Disc Brake Pad Set
Those pads cannot be worth a darn. They do not cost enough.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by radbluesfan
Those pads cannot be worth a darn. They do not cost enough.
I almost did not get these just because of that but I have talked with a few people that have installed these (that's how I found out about them) and they all said they were extremely happy with these pads. I do not track my car and just do normal everyday driving so I bet these will be fine. Time will tell though.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Maybe it's where you live: where is Wiltshire?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

"SEARCH" is your friend
NSF
Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 PM
radbluesfan
Instructor

I almost did not get these just because of that but I have talked with a few people that have installed these (that's how I found out about them) and they all said they were extremely happy with these pads. I do not track my car and just do normal everyday driving so I bet these will be fine. Time will tell though.
Couldn't agree more. They may not give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside though that you would get from buying the most expensive ones though. Please check back and give some feedback on your experience with them. For $40 it is definitely worth a shot. AC Delco may not be the best but has always been good enough for my needs.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by radbluesfan
Couldn't agree more. They may not give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside though that you would get from buying the most expensive ones though. Please check back and give some feedback on your experience with them. For $40 it is definitely worth a shot. AC Delco may not be the best but has always been good enough for my needs.
Early results are good Mike. I just picked up the car and the brakes feel great! A little too early to tell a whole lot of course but no squealing and nice even stopping. They feel great. I asked my mechanic about them and he said they seemed fine to him, nothing wrong with AC Delco. A complete front and rear brake job with labor for $190, not bad. I will report back to you after I get more "brake test" results but so far I am very happy.
Btw I see you are a Blues fan, what no love for the Cards? I'm originally from St. Louis so I love my Cardinals.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 PM
radbluesfan
Instructor

Early results are good Mike. I just picked up the car and the brakes feel great! A little too early to tell a whole lot of course but no squealing and nice even stopping. They feel great. I asked my mechanic about them and he said they seemed fine to him, nothing wrong with AC Delco. A complete front and rear brake job with labor for $190, not bad. I will report back to you after I get more "brake test" results but so far I am very happy.
Btw I see you are a Blues fan, what no love for the Cards? I'm originally from St. Louis so I love my Cardinals.
Good to hear about the brakes. I hate over-spending on things that do not justify themselves in relation to my needs or wants. I will certainly keep this thread in mind when the time comes for me to buy new pads. I don't dislike the Cards but the only sport I follow is hockey. Although there would certainly be less frustration and disappointment if I did root for the Cardinals. Oh well, maybe the Blues will make it out of the first round of the playoffs one more time in my lifetime. Not looking too good this year though.............. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 AM
hungryhorace
Pro

Originally Posted by AORoads
Maybe it's where you live: where is Wiltshire?
Its in the UK, i am in the dealership for the front light recall so will ask them how the price was so high, hoping it was a mistake!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:05 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Buy the pads and dyi.

The pads themselves (stock type) are not expensive and there is more time involved in raising/lowering the car and removing/replacing wheels than there is in replacing pads. So if you can change a tire, it's only an extra couple of minutes and a slightly different task to change pads. Several how-to videos exist.

Get notified of new replies

To Just how much for a set of Z06 front and rear pads fitted?!?

Quick Reply: Just how much for a set of Z06 front and rear pads fitted?!?