C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you pay for this 08 LS3 tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Shanezam203
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the Carfax anything jump out?

All Florida owned, is that a Good thing compared to Chicago?
Old 04-10-2015, 11:15 AM
tjwor
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shanezam203
2009 ls3 $30k

The Salesman in Florida replied back with this. "Interior and exterior both rate a 8+, no issues to report, no srcatches dents, or leather issues, Jeff"
Dealer rating it an 8 doesn't give me a ton of confidence, although ratings are very subjective so it is hard to tell much.

When I was looking I set down and figured out what I would be willing to pay based on many different factors, location/distance I would have to drive home subtracted a certain dollar amount from what I was willing to spend. I was willing to pay a bit more locally for one I could go look at before spending money to fly out. If you get a list of what you want, and what you are willing to pay, you will come across the one for you.

One thing to watch for when working with dealers is to agree on the out-the-door price. The one you posted has a disclaimer at the top of the site that there are an additional $800 in fees not included in the price. Would hate to agree on a price to have them try to tack on an extra grand after you travel for it.

Good luck with the search, figure out what you want, and stick to your guns!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:27 AM
tjwor
Advanced

Here is the Carfax anything jump out?

All Florida owned, is that a Good thing compared to Chicago?
Looks like it spent the first several years in New York, headed to Florida after.

Nothing throws out much of red flags to me except for the short term of the 2nd owner. I always wonder why someone would only own a car for 7 months, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:14 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,476 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwor
Looks like it spent the first several years in New York, headed to Florida after.

Nothing throws out much of red flags to me except for the short term of the 2nd owner. I always wonder why someone would only own a car for 7 months, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad.
I had my first C6 fir about that. I traded it for a Grand Sport when I was able to find one that worked for me. A lot of other people buy them, realize they just aren't the sorts of people for these cars, and sell them quickly.

As others have said, this is an emotional decision. Find the car you like, and buy it. A few thousand is nothing compared to the joy of owning one of these cars. You can spend YEARS looking for "the perfect car at the perfect deal" and never find it. Then you end up one of the trolls that comes in to every "looking for a car" thread and says that every car should be $5k cheaper.

You've got a choice. You can be one of the unhappy mob that wait for Corvettes to be free so they can have one, or you can say "screw it" and buy the car you want, and not sweat the small stuff.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:49 PM
radbluesfan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my 07 3LT with 8K miles in 2010 for $31,000. Patience will get you a much better price but its up to the buyer how long he feels like waiting. Many times I have paid a higher price in order to "have" it today. Couldn't afford to do that with the corvette though.......
Old 04-11-2015, 06:40 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

OP any decision yet?
Old 04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Shanezam203
Pro

Originally Posted by okie08vette
OP any decision yet?
No Sir, not jumping @ the one in Florida, too many states away.
Just going to continue my search, I sold my Infiniti g37 so I have cash to put down vs. deal with a trade, so when I find something I will know.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:23 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

No Sir, not jumping @ the one in Florida, too many states away.
Just going to continue my search, I sold my Infiniti g37 so I have cash to put down vs. deal with a trade, so when I find something I will know.
Ok I will keep looking and if I see anything I will let you know.

Quick Reply: What would you pay for this 08 LS3 tomorrow?