C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter, Hennessey or Callaway

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:51 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Lingenfelter, Hennessey or Callaway

These were the only 3 companies that I could think of at the moment, but it's a good start for the topic. I've been trying to talk my dad into supercharging his 2010 Grand Sport, but at this point in time, he doesn't really want to...for more than one or two reasons. So it looks like that will be left up to me, if and when I ever inherit the car....lol.

Anyhoo...I've been reading up on each of these 3 hot rod gurus...and I'm sure each have their own pros/cons. If a S/C ever does go onto the car, I've been eyeballing the 600hp packages...preferably ones that will fit under that stock hood.

I'm interested in opinions from people who actually own cars from one of these 3 big shots. I've read good stuff on all....read bad stuff on one in particular (which I won't bring up, no need to beat a 5yr old dead horse). Who has the better 600hp package dollar wise? Reliability? Best customer support? Etc, etc? Just curious as to what y'all think.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

So, you're waiting until your dad kicks the bucket to get the car? All three of those names are some of the best, go with Callaway, they do a lot of work on a lot of Corvettes. It's nice to see you don't seem to have any sense of entitlement. Your pops sure is a lucky guy
Old 03-30-2015, 05:48 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

I think you're out of luck with Callaway. To my knowledge they only work on new cars or cars with very few miles on them. They're no longer advertising any packages for C6s.

Hennessey had some trouble a few years back, but looks like they're back on track.

I think Lingenfelter has the longest standing reputation for consistency and quality for "other than new" cars. I'm considering their NA package. I'd consider Hennessey, but I think they've abandoned their NA package for the LS3.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:53 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
So, you're waiting until your dad kicks the bucket to get the car? All three of those names are some of the best, go with Callaway, they do a lot of work on a lot of Corvettes. It's nice to see you don't seem to have any sense of entitlement. Your pops sure is a lucky guy
Hmmm, not sure just how to take that, but I didn't intend to start an argument or insult anyone. Entitlement? No, not really....if he chooses to get rid of it whether it's today, tomorrow or next year, it's his car, it's his choice....it wouldve been while it lasted. But since you brought it up, yes, we've already talked about that situation. And honestly, that car has done more for our relationship in the last year than anything else in the last 43....we hang out and goof off more together now than we ever have and for that I AM thankful. My whole point though was, if I were to ever get it, and in an attempt to upgrade it in a way that he would be proud......what would the consensus of the group suggest?

Anyhoo, back to original train of thought....from what I've seen, Callaway appears to try to win you over to their package but including all the carbon fiber this, all the chrome or embroidered that. Lingenfelter seems to be the only one offering a bare bones or near bare bones horsepower upgrade without all the other crap.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:54 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

maybe your dad will be buried in his GS, then what?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

You could consider the Edelbrock SC as well.

Father and son DIY project perhaps?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:57 PM
RDG5500
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billyboy47
maybe your dad will be buried in his GS, then what?
Now THAT would be a total waste of a great car. Too much fun to bury. Yes, my son gets the car (if it's paid for by then) when I "kick the bucket". Hopefully no time soon.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
tubesteak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am happy with this !!!! Magna-Charger /Callaway puts their name on it !!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you're only allowed one "anyhoo" per thread...

But go with an A&A supercharger. Any reputable speed shop can install, tune and dyno the car. With Lingenfleter and Hennessy you're paying for the name. An A&A installed and properly tuned should run less than $9000.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:03 AM
vettegator005
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

why not just do an ecs kit?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 880 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by acheman8
I think you're only allowed one "anyhoo" per thread...

But go with an A&A supercharger. Any reputable speed shop can install, tune and dyno the car. With Lingenfleter and Hennessy you're paying for the name. An A&A installed and properly tuned should run less than $9000.
$9K seems pretty high but I agree with your opinion to go with the A&A. My Grand Sport is being dropped off tomorrow to have this kit installed.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:40 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
$9K seems pretty high but I agree with your opinion to go with the A&A. My Grand Sport is being dropped off tomorrow to have this kit installed.
Lingenfelter did the Magnuson SC plus other work on my C5 a number of years ago and I have nothing but good things to say about their work. The car has been an incredibly strong and bulletproof performer over the years. I am having my C6 GS built here in Fla based on an ECS SC kit and only hope the new car will come close.

BIGMAC
Old 03-31-2015, 07:04 AM
lowes48
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who offer a warranty on there work? how long is the warranty good for?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 AM
LarryMow
Racer

Thanks forthe advice and info.....I'll check them all out.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:44 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Default Callaway - 2010 GS: 200,000 miles, and flawless!

Originally Posted by LarryMow
These were the only 3 companies that I could think of at the moment, but it's a good start for the topic. I've been trying to talk my dad into supercharging his 2010 Grand Sport, but at this point in time, he doesn't really want to...for more than one or two reasons. So it looks like that will be left up to me, if and when I ever inherit the car....lol.

Anyhoo...I've been reading up on each of these 3 hot rod gurus...and I'm sure each have their own pros/cons. If a S/C ever does go onto the car, I've been eyeballing the 600hp packages...preferably ones that will fit under that stock hood.

I'm interested in opinions from people who actually own cars from one of these 3 big shots. I've read good stuff on all....read bad stuff on one in particular (which I won't bring up, no need to beat a 5yr old dead horse). Who has the better 600hp package dollar wise? Reliability? Best customer support? Etc, etc? Just curious as to what y'all think.
Thanks for mentioning our company. Our 2010 Grand Sport has been the absolute best company demo we've ever had, and driven to showcase our abilities in power, reliability, drivability, and, and, and...

In fact, the car will turn 200,000 in April, and has been flawless since new.

17 sets of tires, 5 sets of brakes, 28 oil changes, and I think 2 sets of wiper blades. And the car keeps going, and going...

We took this car to the drag strip, turned 10.8@ 128, then I drove 20 miles home. It's powerful, and rock-solid. You can expect the same wither Dad's car.

If we can help, please drop us a note: info@callawaycars.com

Thank you - www.callawaycars.com

Old 04-04-2015, 02:00 PM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

My vote is for Lingenfelter! They have been in the game for quite a while now and they will put their performance packages on older corvettes.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:32 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Thanks for mentioning our company. Our 2010 Grand Sport has been the absolute best company demo we've ever had, and driven to showcase our abilities in power, reliability, drivability, and, and, and...

In fact, the car will turn 200,000 in April, and has been flawless since new.

17 sets of tires, 5 sets of brakes, 28 oil changes, and I think 2 sets of wiper blades. And the car keeps going, and going...

We took this car to the drag strip, turned 10.8@ 128, then I drove 20 miles home. It's powerful, and rock-solid. You can expect the same wither Dad's car.

If we can help, please drop us a note: info@callawaycars.com

Thank you - www.callawaycars.com
Hey Chris. Callaway is a phenomenal company, no doubt. However, I was always under the impression that you guys only installed on brand new cars drop shipped from the factory, or on completely stock new models. In other words, unlike a Hennessey or a Lingenfelter or an LMR, you can't just drop off your 2010 Vette and have an SC installed. Is that correct?

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter, Hennessey or Callaway

Old 04-04-2015, 06:19 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by acheman8
Hey Chris. Callaway is a phenomenal company, no doubt. However, I was always under the impression that you guys only installed on brand new cars drop shipped from the factory, or on completely stock new models. In other words, unlike a Hennessey or a Lingenfelter or an LMR, you can't just drop off your 2010 Vette and have an SC installed. Is that correct?
We've had our second chance program for some time - if you missed being a Callaway new off the showroom floor, we'll take a look at some gently seasoned Vettes, too. If we can provide details, drop us a note: info@callawaycars.com
Old 04-05-2015, 10:52 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

There are a lot of great companies out there............that said Hennessey is NOT one of them. Do your research, stay away from there!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:24 PM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
There are a lot of great companies out there............that said Hennessey is NOT one of them. Do your research, stay away from there!!!!!!!!

Hennesey ripped off lots of car guys over the years

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter, Hennessey or Callaway