C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who owns a Carlisle Blue Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:46 AM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostC6
** Please Do Not Take This Wrong **

First off, if I have to put a heading like that I probably should not write this, but hey, live on the edge right...

But being serious, I am not doubting or being an A$$ when I say this, I say it because I have tried to find out the same type of information on my car and always hit a brick "GM" and "NCM" wall. Maybe they kept better records some years than others, I have no idea. It just amazes me that someone will know that(For example only), my 2001 Pineapple Brown, C5 Corvette, 7LT, 570CI, 900HP, 13 Speed transmission, with purple interior and Super Race suspension package is only 1 of 7 made that year or ever.

The best I can get is how many were made my year, in a convertible, in my color. I cannot narrow it down anymore by transmission, rear gear, 3LT, interior color, or any of the others. Yes they list that 4% had this and 70% had that but not how many my year, my color, my model, my transmission, my 3LT, my interior color, etc were made.

I really, really, did I say really, would like to know.

I do know what number mine was out of all of them, but not in just convertibles, I know the day mine rolled off the assembly line but I do not know when my production year ended, when my production of my year in convertibles ended, when the next model year began and things like that.

I know mine was a late bloomer, but not just how late, another words, I know mine was born this day, but I don't know when the last convertible of my year was born and what the last corvette my year was born. And out of the convertibles, I do not know what number was the last convertible and where mine stands in order of the last one produced.

I would thing GM had that information or the NCM would have it but if they do, I cannot get it. I wish I could.

Sad Face...
Correct, you can't find out how many cars had the exact combination of options as your car. You can only find out how many units were built that year with any given option on your car. But that does tell you a few things.
Example:
My car was 1 of 243 GS coupes ever built with Carlisle Blue paint. But the rarest option I have on my car is the white heritage stripes. Only 81 GS coupes were built with that option in 2012. So based on that I know my car is at least a 1 out of 81 with that option.
What I don't know, is how many of those 81 GS coupes with white stripes were also painted Carlisle Blue? Not all of them, so how many? Your guess is as good as mine! So in actuality it is even more rare than 1 out of 81. But because I have no facts to prove how many of those 81 cars were my color, I can only claim as low as 1 of 81. That is the lowest of any of my options. There were 10 different colors that year. How many of each color got the stripes? Did they divide equally? Probably not. Did they put them on each color offered that year? I doubt it. So if you ask how many 2012 GS coupes were Carlisle Blue with the white heritage stripes, I would be willing to bet it was around 10 or less. I have seen white stripes on many 2012 cars of different colors! Red, black, yellow, supersonic blue, etch. But I can't go around saying I have a 1 out of 10 car based on that assumption because I don't have the facts to prove it, even though it may be a safe assumption. So I feel your pain!

Last edited by db2012gs; 03-14-2015 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:09 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

That is why I often wonder how some of the cars I see and some at auctions state they are 1 of 36 or 1 of 300, or 1 of 1, I am like, how did they find that out. Clearly in some situations it is obvious but in others it is not.

Like mine, I know mine is 1 of 359, but that is as far as I can narrow it down. I am sure if I had more specific data I can get it lower than that but the data is not there or I cannot find anyone willing to search it out.

Out of the convertibles that year only 30% had my suspension package, and only .08% has my stereo system, 19% has my interior color and 11% have my top color and 16% my wheels. So put all those small numbers together and I am sure the real number is lower, but like you said, what one knows and what one can prove are two different things.

Come on GM, you make trillions of dollars, hire a good record keeper, if the put a Corvette lover in charge of these records I bet they would then be able to tell us exactly how many had exactly what ours have..lol
Old 03-14-2015, 07:27 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by db2012gs
Correct, you can't find out how many cars had the exact combination of options as your car. You can only find out how many units were built that year with any given option on your car. But that does tell you a few things.
Example:
My car was 1 of 243 GS coupes ever built with Carlisle Blue paint. But the rarest option I have on my car is the white heritage stripes. Only 81 GS coupes were built with that option in 2012. So based on that I know my car is at least a 1 out of 81 with that option.
What I don't know, is how many of those 81 GS coupes with white stripes were also painted Carlisle Blue? Not all of them, so how many? Your guess is as good as mine! So in actuality it is even more rare than 1 out of 81. But because I have no facts to prove how many of those 81 cars were my color, I can only claim as low as 1 of 81. That is the lowest of any of my options. There were 10 different colors that year. How many of each color got the stripes? Did they divide equally? Probably not. Did they put them on each color offered that year? I doubt it. So if you ask how many 2012 GS coupes were Carlisle Blue with the white heritage stripes, I would be willing to bet it was around 10 or less. I have seen white stripes on many 2012 cars of different colors! Red, black, yellow, supersonic blue, etch. But I can't go around saying I have a 1 out of 10 car based on that assumption because I don't have the facts to prove it, even though it may be a safe assumption. So I feel your pain!
Sequence number would be great - Always pull product numbers before I buy. This last search I wanted specific color GLF - Carlisle Blue, in a Base car with Option 37S - Blue Stitching they only made made (2). Then I'd be 1 0f two cars. ! :0 They made 1 with option 36S Yellow Stitching. 1 0f 109 at 4.6% of production is pretty close. Buy what you like - there are enough of us out there on the hunt for Rare.
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
Idahovolfan (09-08-2022)
Old 03-14-2015, 09:44 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I was just taking a quick look at the forum tonight and I came across this thread....pretty cool...

I just picked up one of the 243 GS Coupes last week. I've been looking for one for a while and finally found the one. I haven't researched the option rarity or anything like that...it doesn't really matter to me...I just really like this color. It is a 3LT, MN6, Z51, Two Tone Interior w/C6 flag logo etched in headrest (not Heritage Package), Chrome Wheels, Glass Top, 9600 miles, etc...

Sorry, no pics yet, but I will post some soon...again, love this car. I traded my 2005 LeMans Blue Coupe for it (which I bought new)...I almost had a tear in my eye when I drove away from the '05, but the tears were gone about ten miles down the road.
Vetteman2 (07-18-2022)
Old 03-14-2015, 10:35 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NVR LAT
I was just taking a quick look at the forum tonight and I came across this thread....pretty cool...

I just picked up one of the 243 GS Coupes last week. I've been looking for one for a while and finally found the one. I haven't researched the option rarity or anything like that...it doesn't really matter to me...I just really like this color. It is a 3LT, MN6, Z51, Two Tone Interior w/C6 flag logo etched in headrest (not Heritage Package), Chrome Wheels, Glass Top, 9600 miles, etc...

Sorry, no pics yet, but I will post some soon...again, love this car. I traded my 2005 LeMans Blue Coupe for it (which I bought new)...I almost had a tear in my eye when I drove away from the '05, but the tears were gone about ten miles down the road.
That's great! Congrats! They are not easy to find due to the low production numbers.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NVR LAT

I just picked up one of the 243 GS Coupes last week. I've been looking for one for a while and finally found the one. I haven't researched the option rarity or anything like that...it doesn't really matter to me...I just really like this color.
When I found mine it was the first time I saw a Corvette that was Carlisle Blue, in fact I didn't even know the name of the color or the history behind it. I just knew I liked the way it made the car look verses standard colors. It wasn't until after I purchased the car that I started looking at the production numbers and the story behind the color.

Last edited by db2012gs; 03-18-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 AM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Hard to believe there is only about 5 people on the forum who have a Carlisle Blue C6 Corvette.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:27 AM
quickcat
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to say that I really didn't like the Carlisle Blue when it came out but it has really grown on me. That's about when I was shopping for my car too. I almost wish I had gotten one but I do love the car I got and am happy enough admiring the beautiful cars you guys have.

That Grand Sport with the silver wheels is just great!

Matt
Old 03-18-2015, 02:05 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by quickcat
I have to say that I really didn't like the Carlisle Blue when it came out but it has really grown on me. That's about when I was shopping for my car too. I almost wish I had gotten one but I do love the car I got and am happy enough admiring the beautiful cars you guys have.

That Grand Sport with the silver wheels is just great!

Matt
Thanks!
I think a lot of people did not like the color when it first came out. Pictures do it no justice! But in person you realize what a great color it really is! Because it is a metallic light blue, it changes colors with the lighting, looking more silver in bright light and more blue in dimmer light. So the result is multiple colors in the light and dark areas caused by the body lines. Therefore I think it brings out the lines in the car better than a lot of other colors. To me it is like plain white verses pearl white. But the reality is... most people who say they don't like it have never seen it in person!
I was at a gas station one day and a guy walked up to me and said that was the most beautiful Corvette he had ever seen, and then asked if I would mind if he took a picture of it. I said no prob of course. He said he had wanted to buy a yellow one, but now had changed his mind seeing mine. So I told him the name of the color and that it was exclusive to 2012 Vettes.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

changes with the light too...

Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM
melvingregory
Racer

Default Here's our 2012 Carlisle Blue GS

Last year for the first year for us to have ours at Carlisle. We are already registered for this year.
Attached Images   
Old 04-04-2015, 09:41 PM
1of 109made
Advanced

Originally Posted by melvingregory
Last year for the first year for us to have ours at Carlisle. We are already registered for this year.
Have fun, hope to make it out there someday !
Old 04-06-2015, 12:53 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by melvingregory
Cool...nice car.
Just a FYI, out of 215,123 C6 cars produced, only 535 were Carlisle Blue. So that represents less than 1% of all C6 Corvettes. In fact it is about 1 out every 400 C6 corvettes made.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Sean O'
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the "Carlisle blue number" thread for more CB cars & owners
Old 09-14-2015, 10:25 PM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Perhaps my favorite C6 color (please don't tell my CFM GS).
Old 09-14-2015, 11:24 PM
Glenn Cauvin
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by db2012gs
I was wondering how many people on the forum own a Carlisle Blue Corvette, since there were only 535 ever made, and only in 2012.
Manufacturing numbers are:
Base coupe - 109
Base conv - 42
Grand Sport coupe - 243
Grand Sport conv - 118
Z06 - 12
ZR1 - 11

So out of 11,647 Corvettes in 2012, only 535 were Carlisle Blue.
I have one of the 243 Carlisle Blue GS coupes.
Also I have option code 40A, which is the GS heritage stripe color white, and out of 5,056 GS coupes, there were only 81 with that option in 2012. I also have the code J6D, gray brake calipers, and out of the 5,056 GS coupes, only 248 had that option in 2012. So I have a few rare options on my car.
I just traded my GS Carlisle Blue to Corvette Mike in New England. I wish I could have keep it but I pick up a 427 Anniv white. I really loved the color. If anybody is looking for this color you should look at Mike's web site.
db2012gs (09-17-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Havnfun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few more of us out here than 5. Though maybe not in my area (San Diego). I owned the car for 3 1/2 years before I saw another one this color in person.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Who owns a Carlisle Blue Corvette?

Old 09-17-2015, 11:44 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Havnfun
There are a few more of us out here than 5. Though maybe not in my area (San Diego). I owned the car for 3 1/2 years before I saw another one this color in person.
I have not seen another CB Corvette in my city yet! I know there has to be one somewhere!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:44 PM
GFaulk
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Carlisle Blue owner checking in

Hello everybody,
I am now the proud owner of a 2012 Carlisle Blue 1Lt Corvette. It's a 6M model with 12,000 miles. It was built on 3-12-2012 with a VIN of 9072. Once I recover from the flu/plague/whateverI'vegot, I'll post a formal introduction with pictures.

Gary
Old 02-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 77 Posts

I've only seen a few bit I like that color.

Quick Reply: Who owns a Carlisle Blue Corvette?