C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advantage of owning vett in snow areas.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:32 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
Okay, FedEx just delivered my chains.

It was -14 out this morning so I sent the "housekeeper" out to install them and told her to not bitch about it and just get them on.

She's a good kid.

Excellent---I am still laughing.......does she does ice dams on roofs?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:46 PM
vettegator005
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

But you guys down south don't get to see stuff like this.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:52 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by vettegator005

But you guys down south don't get to see stuff like this.
Nope!! We have garages not basements.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by mhatton222
Awesome photoshop! LOL!!

Originally Posted by Roger L. Gibbons
It is nice to have good people! Did you get the T2+4, 4 wheel drive option? It does reduce the gas mileage a little bit and is somewhat noisier on the freeways. It's cool to smoke all 4 from the red light!!
I didn't know that was an option! I thought it only was available with the new Z06?

Originally Posted by yellow427
Excellent---I am still laughing.......does she does ice dams on roofs?
She'll do anything for the right amount of money.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:12 PM
GB1099
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

You guys are funny. TX has been iced in and I haven't driven mine for a week....going nuts.

If I lived in Boston...I'd be calling U-Haul after this winter.

I lived in the snow country for 20 years....then headed south. My car will never see snow except when it looks out from the garage on the 5 snow days a year we have here.

Sure I have to wash my Vette about 25 times a year....price you gotta pay I suppose.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Putting my vette away for 2 or 3 months in the winter is something I can tolerate. I have all spring, summer and fall to drive the car.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:35 PM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP got me thinking. I went out and shoveled the sunshine away from the garage door and backed the C6 out. May even drive somewhere if the highway dept. gets the roads cleared!
Name:  oHBZZxr.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  59.1 KB
Old 02-28-2015, 06:42 PM
GB1099
Racer

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

A buddy of mine just sent me this pic from Boston.

When you open your door, and you see another door made of snow, it's time to call a realtor.

Just sayin
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I know,I'm ticked off because we have rain thru tuesday !
Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Originally Posted by HarleyB
OP got me thinking. I went out and shoveled the sunshine away from the garage door and backed the C6 out. May even drive somewhere if the highway dept. gets the roads cleared!
Oh what a great post,LOL !!!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Snow and cold weather just flat out suck, period! There is no advantage at all to a Corvette owner living in areas that snow. I absolutely hate not being able to drive my car, I'd much rather live somewhere that allows me to drive it anytime I want.

My plan when I retire (in roughly 15 years, hopefully way less if my lotto numbers cooperate!) is to spend every winter in Florida, and I will drive whatever Corvette I have at the time (C7? C8? C9?) down there so I can enjoy it to the fullest. I just spent 4 days in Florida a few weeks ago and saw a ton of Corvettes everywhere, and really wished I had mine there with me. I highly doubt a single one of those Corvette owners was wishing they were up north in the cold and snow! They'd have to be completely insane
Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,089 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

And to think ... It's going to be in the 80s here today!

SW Florida

Old 03-01-2015, 12:37 PM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by HarleyB
And you reinforced my thinking in the initial post------now with all that beautiful sunshine and the great temperatures, you also have to spend more money to ensure you have good sun glasses, and even more money has to be spent on sunscreen (and then all that time wasted applying the sunscreen)-----these are a few more things your friends up North just don't have to contend with................we are just so lucky up North.......two more storms predicted for the upcoming week............well, it is nice talking to everyone, but I have to go now.............where did I put those &*%$## shovels?
Old 03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by GB1099
A buddy of mine just sent me this pic from Boston.

When you open your door, and you see another door made of snow, it's time to call a realtor.

Just sayin
Hopefully, they can work from home for awhile! And that is why some homes have 2nd stories.......they should be able to get in and out via a window or two on the 2nd floor............what a picture---never saw one like that before.......I just showed it to my wife and now she doesn't feel so bad about the snow around our house (of course we are going over her 96 year old mother's house again this afternoon to shovel more snow off her roof...........more fun)
Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Hopefully, they can work from home for awhile! And that is why some homes have 2nd stories.......they should be able to get in and out via a window or two on the 2nd floor............what a picture---never saw one like that before.......I just showed it to my wife and now she doesn't feel so bad about the snow around our house (of course we are going over her 96 year old mother's house again this afternoon to shovel more snow off her roof...........more fun)
In places of normally high snow falls (like the Tug Hill area of NYS) some houses have a door on the second story so they can get in and out during the winter.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:40 AM
GL10DR
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GB1099
You guys are funny. TX has been iced in and I haven't driven mine for a week....going nuts.

If I lived in Boston...I'd be calling U-Haul after this winter.

I lived in the snow country for 20 years....then headed south. My car will never see snow except when it looks out from the garage on the 5 snow days a year we have here.

Sure I have to wash my Vette about 25 times a year....price you gotta pay I suppose.

140 auto crashes in 12 hours .....

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/282...ours-in-austin
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 AM
GL10DR
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
And to think ... It's going to be in the 80s here today!

SW Florida

Beautiful weather, beautiful car, beautiful house .... love that driveway!

Get notified of new replies

To Advantage of owning vett in snow areas.....

Old 03-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I got to thinking about some of yesterday's threads about us folks up North not being able to drive our corvettes for several months each year because of the snow........and then it hit me. We aren't to be pitied----we are the lucky ones. Those poor folks down South have to pay for all that extra gas for all those extra months of driving. Plus they really can't have any garage queens if they can drive year round. And the biggest drawback they have------I can't imagine how many times they have to wash, wax, polish their cars. Up North, we pretty much wash and detail it in April or May; maybe wash it once in the summer (we rinse the pollen and road dust off with a hose in the interim); and then again in October before we put it away. But, in places without snow they must be washing their cars almost
monthly....and who knows how often they have to spend time waxing or polishing---or both...............yea, the more I thought about it, the better off we are up here with our 100 inches of snow........we have better
things to do with our time........
When we get Max out of storage next month it's a fun time...a new season to look forward to...In the meantime I'm working on my goal of 2k miles on my sled this winter...Rode nearly 300 miles this past weekend and have a sled trip scheduled for the 9-11th to Old Forge in the Adirondacks...Preview for the 2016 sleds is around the corner
Old 03-04-2015, 04:04 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

How about the fact that after not driving your Vette for a few months, every Spring it feels like you're driving it for the very first time. That's how I feel anyway. Its like a getting a new Vette every Spring.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:37 PM
HMRTIME
Intermediate

I almost had to turn on the a/c while driving with the top down today.. sun was coming down pretty hard.

"garage queen" .. pfft.. what good is a convertible stuck inside?! lol

Quick Reply: Advantage of owning vett in snow areas.....