C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good job GM

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:22 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,659 Likes on 2,362 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Screw GM, it's upper management and the Board. Thanks to the True Believers who are behind the Corvette and a few other great cars made by companies run by egotistical fools who worry more about their societal status and the clubs they belong to than the cars and the customers of their companies.
These True Believers have weathered one insult after another at GM and FCA but still produce terrific product - at least isles of them in a sea that's often corporate dictated mediocrity.
Hmmm, I'm thinking it's "upper management and the Board" that have kept the Corvette alive, ultimately. Perhaps they expect an improvement to "their societal status and the clubs they belong"...but, certainly, a return on your invested money as well.
As for the "True Believers" I assume you are referring to Juechter, Welburn, McClellan, Hill, etc, back to Earl.
As for "FCA" I am stumped...who/what?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 PM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...d-companies/2/

Old 01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes thanks GM!
Ford lost their way early on with the T-bird - while GM kept the faith.
Ford added a back seat - & grew the T-bird into a boat on wheels.
Then Ford tried again in 02 - but still not a real sportscar - with no manual offered.
Corvette - no other domestic sportscar choice like it!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:17 AM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by clearwaterms
I don't like this poll. Because the #1 worst company in America (comcast) isn't even in the list...
Without a doubt hated by all.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Thank you GM for the Corvette but you sure could do a better job with the quality.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:25 AM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate the bailout, but love my GS.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I don't like this poll. Because the #1 worst company in America (comcast) isn't even in the list...
Hate to sound like I'm one-uppun ya....but here in the mid-west Charter could easily give Comcast a run.....LOL.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:01 AM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

maybe we should start a Comcast Bashing Thread...
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Thank you GM for the Corvette but you sure could do a better job with the quality.

Sure -- I sometimes wonder what each owner of a Corvette would list as a quality issue? seems the LS3 motor is bullet proof, same with drive train, so is it the interior or what? I like my interior just the way it is.

Thanks GM for keeping a wonder auto going at an affordable price.

Otherwise -- we would not have this forum that we can use to bash anything that for the moment pisses us off - including religion and politics and guns.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I'll always have a GM car or truck. Nothing is perfect especially automobiles, people that think they should be perfect are not in touch with reality and need to be slapped. When I was a little kid I was obsessed with the TransAm the Corvette and the occasional Camaro, it was a great memory of growing up. Now that I'm older, I still love those cars.
People are just miserable and they love to complain.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

GM tries to make us happy they have made a lot of mistakes by people who know nothing about what car guys expect. The difference with GM and other hated companies you can buy the competition if you wish (Ford Dodge or an Import) but other hated companies have you by the short hair (Comcast or XM) and you have no choice. The C6 is a great car and the C7 has improved on a lot of the things that were a problem with past Corvettes. Now GM needs to improve on dealer satisfaction.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Interesting post to be sure. Like a lot of us, I've had a Corvette of one year or another all my adult life and will continue to own one....or maybe two. I've loved them all with all their faults. But its quite obvious that GM could have done a lot better job in quality control on these C-6's. I mean just imagine that you go out on a nice evening for dinner with your wife/girlfriend...when your done you go out to climb into your freshly cleaned and waxed C-6 Corvette to leave the parking garage and "WHAM"....the F#$%#$G Automatic won't shift out of park !!!! Come on GM !!!
with ya windy. I know there have been quite a few times in my C6 that I think, "Damn GM, couldn't you have went just a bit further, and made this/that right instead of just meh on a car that stickered for 66K". i.e. electronic gizmos, Nav, and especially the seats. However, I do enjoy this car faults and all.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 01-24-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:03 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Interesting post to be sure. Like a lot of us, I've had a Corvette of one year or another all my adult life and will continue to own one....or maybe two. I've loved them all with all their faults. But its quite obvious that GM could have done a lot better job in quality control on these C-6's. I mean just imagine that you go out on a nice evening for dinner with your wife/girlfriend...when your done you go out to climb into your freshly cleaned and waxed C-6 Corvette to leave the parking garage and "WHAM"....the F#$%#$G Automatic won't shift out of park !!!! Come on GM !!!
Automatic? Must be a base...
Old 01-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Cybernetic Medic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, two pages and it hasn't gone political... yet.

Yes, kudos to the engineers that design them and the workers that build them in spite of the bean counters and upper management that try to ruin them.

and +1 for I hate Comcast.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:14 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Automatic? Must be a base...
Actually the car has every option available cept the Manual if you want to call it an option which wasn't really a must have. Regardless....what diif does it make if the car was a "Base" or a totally optioned car ?? Of...I forgot....the ones that have all the options are put together better on the assembly line....stupid me !!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 12:16 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Actually the car has every option available cept the Manual if you want to call it an option which wasn't really a must have. Regardless....what diif does it make if the car was a "Base" or a totally optioned car ?? Of...I forgot....the ones that have all the options are put together better on the assembly line....stupid me !!!!
Jeez, lighten up, I was kidding! The manual is standard making a so equipped car "base".
Old 01-24-2015, 12:40 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

You tell him! Next he'll be sayin' you got a small peepee.

If it's not a gs, zr1, z06 it's a base. I'm there with you in small peepee-land.

Get notified of new replies

To Good job GM

Old 01-24-2015, 01:23 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
You tell him! Next he'll be sayin' you got a small peepee.
If it's not a gs, zr1, z06 it's a base. I'm there with you in small peepee-land.
Well, now that you mention it...I had an '05 and sold that for an '11 GS (yep, a slow, big tired, wide-butt, fake scooped, GS) and I felt a twinge of growth on the drive home!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:07 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Well, now that you mention it...I had an '05 and sold that for an '11 GS (yep, a slow, big tired, wide-butt, fake scooped, GS) and I felt a twinge of growth on the drive home!
I knew I'd made a mistake going base. My wife will never forgive me.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:54 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

This is the 2nd Chevy or even GM car I've ever owned(in almost 40 years), the first was a 6 speed z28 with opti-spark, fun when it ran but Damn it was always broken down...didn't think I would ever come back to the dark side.....but the c6; as they raised the power and refined the platform changed my mind, the only gm vehicle with a better build is a caddy ...very nice these days...

Friends with Porsches, BMWs, Lotus, M-Benz, Vipers, all have more probs than my c6....they are all high end performance cars...and there are going to be occasional big & small issues with them all......if you want a low tech, low performance, dependable car any one of us can buy a Honda Civic or a Corolla instead.... but if I'm going import it's prob gonna be an F type....and I'm sure it will be unreliable as hell......

Quick Reply: Good job GM