C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else's wife or girlfriend unimpressed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 PM
myfunz
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wsboogie
Wife likes to ride maybe once in a awhile in the vette. Other than that I'm on my own.
Your Avatar says it all.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 AM
biskitman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got 08 CRM with the R8C program at the museum. car has 15,000 on it and park in garage. Wife kicks it everytime she goes by it. Said when I die, it will be gone before my pic is in the newspaper! Of course she loves her Mercedes GLK! I think I need to find a hottie that likes to go fast and ditch the bag!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Granitehead53
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

My wife is always telling her friends that I am outside with my "Girlfriend" again
Old 01-13-2015, 01:07 PM
taranching
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my car is a 10, so is the wife

we got our first vette last spring, was a dream for the past 45 years, she loves it as much as me and love to take the top down and do her thing, we have been to a couple cruise nights and a couple trips with 3 other couple that all have a vette, love her aned love the car

lucky me
Old 01-14-2015, 12:40 AM
storxusmc
Instructor

When i had my 04Z, the girl i dated for 3 years at that time in my life was found with the help of my car... meet her at a car show.. she asked to sit in it.. so i told her i'd pick her up for a dinner date if she was interested.. long story short we dated for 3 years after that because of the car..
Old 01-14-2015, 01:28 AM
05_Z51
Instructor

Originally Posted by vara411
... Allow me to explain! I've read a bunch of threads on this forum in which Corvette owners are lucky enough to have a significant other who will share in the fun of Corvette ownership... some members described their better half's glee when they hit the accelerator or take a hard turn... other ladies are cool enough to pose for some pictures next to their Vettes. ... Some couples even have HIS and HERS Corvettes!

So I got to thinking. Don't get me wrong because my wife is an angel! But when it comes to this car, she just doesn't share my enthusiasm. I mean, without going into specifics, she knows how much the car means to me so she's supportive of my antics... but that's pretty much where it ends. Again, before people go getting self-righteous and giving me a lecture on marriage, I'm just having fun with this thread: my wife's a "10" on the outside and inside, so I'll take this ONE, EGREGIOUS flaw.

So fellas*, 'fess up... how many other guys are married to or dating gals that are just "meh" (or worse) when it comes to their beloved 'Vette?

* This is directed at the guys, because I don't know how it could be possible that a WOMAN owner of a Corvette has a man who's not interested! ... I could be wrong, but I doubt it!
Some women typically never want to give their man credit for anything.

I bet she goes gaga when she see's a Porche , Lambo or anything that isn't a Vette right ?

She's trying to cut you down.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm unimpressed with wives or girlfriends so I don't have either.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by biskitman
Got 08 CRM with the R8C program at the museum. car has 15,000 on it and park in garage. Wife kicks it everytime she goes by it. Said when I die, it will be gone before my pic is in the newspaper! Of course she loves her Mercedes GLK! I think I need to find a hottie that likes to go fast and ditch the bag!
Woah. A lot of hate, there! I guess I don't have it so bad...
Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

My wife cares nothing about cars or Corvettes. To her, they are just transportation from one place to another.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,508 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

the wife has a love-hate relationship with my car - she thinks that the car is hot and likes the attention on the road, but she can't stand my affection for the car (and the money spent to buy it)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'24

I guess I'm lucky. She has never wanted to drive it so its win win for me.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:47 PM
CheckSix
Racer

My wife loves the Vette and doing rides in it, especially with the top removed. She gets a little twitchy when I nail it and press on. She'd prefer little bursts and not the longer hot streaks. She's truly a car aficionado.

She also likes riding on the motorcycles too.

Guess I got lucky.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by biskitman
I think if my GF kicked my car, I'd feel a overwhelming urge to kick her back. Maybe my narcissistic, privileged, selfish, egotistic girlfriend isn't too bad after all.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,192 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
I think if my GF kicked my car, I'd feel a overwhelming urge to kick her back. Maybe my narcissistic, privileged, selfish, egotistic girlfriend isn't too bad after all.
Not sure what the heck this means.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:54 AM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vara411
... Allow me to explain! I've read a bunch of threads on this forum in which Corvette owners are lucky enough to have a significant other who will share in the fun of Corvette ownership... some members described their better half's glee when they hit the accelerator or take a hard turn...
My wife was unimpressed with cars when we got married, but you have to realize most women spend HS and College (read unfunded, poor) years lusting after completely different things than men.

Like all things over time we grow to accept one another's hobbies and even picked up each other's habits.

I've gotten my fair share of lectures over the years, but I've done some pretty crazy **** with her in the passenger seat.

These days she can be just as aggressive of a driver as I was, and I'm the one who has calmed down a bit.

When a pretty day comes around she's the one asking me to go for a ride in the Corvette.

Give it time...

When we got married I had a Black 2001 Trans Am. Then in 2005 I came home unannounced with a 97 C5 coupe. I spent many hours in the garage polishing and upgrading. Then came the 2007 Z06 in 2011, Then in 2013 I sold both anticipating the C7 and disgusted with the valve drop issues on the Z and having been made an offer I couldn't turn down on the 97. In 2 weeks time SHE was the one urging me to buy another. We've settled on a 2008 Cammed LS3 for now. When C7 prices come out of the stratosphere I'll be buying a clean used one.

Last edited by jedblanks; 01-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:13 AM
ShadowB
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm fairly lucky. I’ve owned a number of Corvettes and she had her 93’ vert (40th Anniversary), so she’s used to being around Corvettes. She accepts my passion for them & a bit of speed. We used to drag race my old 283CI 57 Vette and she did her share of running the ¼ but she’s not as into the hot rod facet of Corvettes as she used to be, but likes when I hammer it. When I bought my 13’ she helped with the input. Her only criticism when I bought it was the A6; she “does not” approve of autos in Corvettes. Her opinion is Corvettes shouldn’t come an auto option. She doesn’t want to drive it, thinks I’ll go on & on if she dings it. She probably right but I’d do the same with my truck and she’s always driving it. She likes to take trips/rides now and then depending what she has going. I’ve know her since grade school and can safely say overall, at heart she loves Corvettes – any year, any model – loves the Wave.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:51 AM
blue max
Burning Brakes

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

Default wife in my case

Well I guess I am lucky. My wife about kicked me out when I was restoring the 65 now she understands how that car has been a good investment.
She drove the 65 four speed and the 99 six speed and taught my son how to drive in it on a National road tour with the NCRS.
She has preferred the six speed paddle shift on the 08 and also now on the 13 Grand Sport.
We had made so many friends through the Corvette. Many now lasting over 20 years. The Corvette thing for us is a couple thing for the most part although some of my Corvette stuff is just me.
Doesn't like driving the 13 off the lowered lift as it is a bit tight.

Blue Max
Old 01-15-2015, 03:07 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jedblanks
I've gotten my fair share of lectures over the years, but I've done some pretty crazy **** with her in the passenger seat.
Do tell!

Quick Reply: Anyone else's wife or girlfriend unimpressed?