C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 PM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Go for it
Old 12-30-2014, 10:03 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

another thing to think of. The dealership makes money off of financing. So when you make them a "cash" offer, that in reality takes even more profit off of their plate.

But if you do plan on making a reasonable offer, tomorrow is the day to do it. All the sales guys want to hit that extra unit for the month and tomorrow is the last day.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:10 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
$12k isn't a reasonable offer IMO. You've offered them 25% less than asking price for the car. You want to make a reasonable offer, start at $14k.
You're assuming their asking price is reasonable.

I don't know where the OP lives, whether the car's a coupe or vert, and what options it might have other than 3LT, but a quick check of KBB for my area suggests the dealer's price is several thousand more than it should be. If they think they can get near their price, good for them, but there's nothing wrong with offering a price that's in line with what one is willing to spend on the car.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:33 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,475 Likes on 2,814 Posts

KBB isn't reality though. KBB tries to follow reality with formulas, but when you take one variable way out of whack (like the mileage), it throws off their formulas.

KBB is notoriously inaccurate for Corvette pricing anyways.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:44 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by russ472
another thing to think of. The dealership makes money off of financing. So when you make them a "cash" offer, that in reality takes even more profit off of their plate.

But if you do plan on making a reasonable offer, tomorrow is the day to do it. All the sales guys want to hit that extra unit for the month and tomorrow is the last day.
The last day of the month/ year is definitely the day to do it. Get on Cars.com and try to find other comparables, even if you need to go out 500 miles. Use these to your advantage if possible. Just because they showed you what other vettes have brought doesn't mean they won't sell you that one for less. You might have to come up to 13K$. I worked in the used car market for awhile and I doubt if they have over 4 grand mark up. But don't try to do it over the phone, you need to be there in person.
Good luck
Old 12-31-2014, 07:32 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by storxusmc
Well i took it for another test drive today and i really got on it really hard to see if any weird symptoms would arise.. the car drove fine and i heard no out of normal sounds.. tranny seems to shift fine.. only think i notice is that when you first jump on it... it seems like the torque converter might be getting weak.. the initial oomph is not as strong as other auto cars i have driven.. buts it shifted fine and didnt hesitate or whatnot...

I left them a cash off of 12k on the car tonight, they said they couldnt accept it so i left... hopely they will reconsider and call me back later. they printed out a sales history for corvettes with 150k miles, apparently in the last 30 days over 25 of them with similar miles sold for 16k they showed me on paper... so we will see
12K? Do you want to buy the car or only annoy some salesman? That's an insulting offer. I think you'll find that out too.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:32 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FAUEE
KBB isn't reality though. KBB tries to follow reality with formulas, but when you take one variable way out of whack (like the mileage), it throws off their formulas.

KBB is notoriously inaccurate for Corvette pricing anyways.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:48 PM
storxusmc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
12K? Do you want to buy the car or only annoy some salesman? That's an insulting offer. I think you'll find that out too.
I am not trying to insult them, but i made an offer inline with the TOP suggest retail value of the car should be...

Old 12-31-2014, 01:02 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

I am not trying to insult them, but i made an offer inline with the TOP suggest retail value of the car should be...

Kbb is not accurate for Vettes and no sane dealer will list at 16k if he'd take 12k. Good luck, tho. Let us know how it comes out.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:06 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Kbb is not accurate for Vettes and no sane dealer will list at 16k if he'd take 12k. Good luck, tho. Let us know how it comes out.
Just to let you know November 1, 2014 I purchased a Corvette $30,000 Kelly bluebook said it was worth 28...
But I did get a good deal
If it's the car you like and you're satisfied with it...it'll make you happy...buy it

Last edited by choppychop; 12-31-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:17 PM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by m kraz
stay away thats what I think
find somthing with lower mi.
100%,,,
Old 01-01-2015, 09:07 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Well, did you pull the trigger?
You do realize you should be able to find a C-5 with under 50,000 miles (even a ZO6 maybe)in the price range you're looking for...
Another idea is find a wholesaler or someone with a small used car lot and ask if he'll take you to the aution for a set fee so you can buy a Vette there...

Last edited by choppychop; 01-01-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
storxusmc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by choppychop
Well, did you pull the trigger?
You do realize you should be able to find a C-5 with under 50,000 miles (even a ZO6 maybe)in the price range you're looking for...
Another idea is find a wholesaler or someone with a small used car lot and ask if he'll take you to the aution for a set fee so you can buy a Vette there...
Thanks everyone for the advice, I had not heard from them all week so I dropped by today to see if they forgot and the car was no longer on the lot, I asked one of the sales guys and they said it went to the auction yesterday.... so I guess they felt it was worth more at auction then..
Old 01-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Or they didn't believe your offer was still valid!
Did you have a salesman - I think he should have called you before they sent it.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:23 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Stickshiftsteve
Or they didn't believe your offer was still valid!
Did you have a salesman - I think he should have called you before they sent it.
Offer was too low. They didn't take it or him seriously.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Thanks everyone for the advice, I had not heard from them all week so I dropped by today to see if they forgot and the car was no longer on the lot, I asked one of the sales guys and they said it went to the auction yesterday.... so I guess they felt it was worth more at auction then..
Doesn't mean they will sell it at auction.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickshiftsteve
When you limit your choice to a single color - that itself was less than 10% of the total production - you have to accept getting a less than perfect car.
So unless you are decide to become flexible on color & if the other options in this car fit your bill - buy this one.
My top choices were AO, DSOM, LMB, MR and maybe yellow. I wanted to stay away from silver, black, white and red. I ended up with a VR because it had every other option I wanted with low miles and a good price. Now I am really happy I went with the VR. The color has really grown on me.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?