C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storing C6 with no battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 08:53 AM
SilverTiger
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing C6 with no battery

OK, guys, I can't find anything on this. I plan to store my '05 for the winter (not in my garage) and I plan to remove the battery, bring it home and keep it on the battery keeper. The storage site has no elec. Does anything serious happen, like the FOB stops working or some such? I don't really care if things get "forgotten", like radio settings, etc., as long as she starts in the spring.

Only other alternative I would have is to go there and start her up periodically, but that will be a nuisance.

Thanks for any opinions.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:58 AM
jackcasual
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I store my C6 in my garage. I don't have a battery tender,but have a battery charger. I take battery out, store in house and charge it every 6 weeks or so at 2 amps. Fobs will be fine. You will have to reindex windows. I leave hood unlatched, so I don't have to go thru trunk. I have a car cover on car.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:57 AM
SilverTiger
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackcasual
I store my C6 in my garage. I don't have a battery tender,but have a battery charger. I take battery out, store in house and charge it every 6 weeks or so at 2 amps. Fobs will be fine. You will have to reindex windows. I leave hood unlatched, so I don't have to go thru trunk. I have a car cover on car.
Almost exactly my plan, except off site. Thanks. No issue on the re-index; done that one before. I didn't think there would be an issue, but better safe than sorry!

Get notified of new replies

To Storing C6 with no battery

Quick Reply: Storing C6 with no battery