C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do guys in their 30s' do when their girlfriends are away?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
This is kind of a refreshing post, in that its not the daily grind or whatever. Cheers to the OP!
Thanks brother. There is a few duds that popped in to troll, but its the forum and expected, but I appreciate your compliment. It sure beats the "should I put this sticker on it" or " how do you like my black wheels" post.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Bill Daughterive
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
This is a story where I'll get a "cool story bro" or the "your cool guy" posts. I don't give three drops of monkey ****.

As a recovering heroin addict, I know what intense is, I know the biggest of rushes, the kind that will kill you in a second, I know what euphoria is I know the highest of highs and I felt the lowest of lows. Only ones who've shot bomb heroin will experience.

Since getting clean life doesn't offer many euphoric feelings, sex...well that's cool for a bit, but it ain't no heroin, good food is nice, going on vacation is cool too, but life after dope is boring ask any recovering dope addict.

Now to the good stuff. My GF of 2.5 years went out of town so I called my gym buddy to go lift, then catch a bite to eat.

We had a blast. I picked him up in my C6. After dinner, driving him home these two young girls in a brand new 200s would not stop tailing my car, going on the side and taunting wanting to race. It went on for a couple of suburban blocks. I thought, I'm over that ****. I'm not a kid anymore, I don't know how to use a stick. Well, I thought. I had her in 3rd and floored it @ 45MPH and made her 295HP 200s look like she was driving a Geo metro. I was at 100MPH-110, she was about 4 bus lengths if not more behind. I slow down and she wanted to go again, same result if not more bus lengths. My C6 can sort of move, I know I over-powered her, but my stick skills suck. I should have been in second, I probably would have beat her more.

So before the round about my buddy and I did the grown up thing to do, I rolled down the passenger window and we both pointed laughed and waved goodbye. They both then blew past me, I wasn't about to waste anymore gas on that.

Before all of the haters saying ohh dangerous etc. I've done some of the most deadly dangerous **** you can imagine and I woke up/got revived and picked up some more to do it again. This street racing stuff can be dangerous, but the road was empty and I have to put my car away for the winter Sunday. It gave me the feeling of being a kid in high school again, before I made the choice to let that evil drug take nearly 8 years of my life.

This is my first "stree r**ing experience in about a decade and it felt f**kiing awesome! Still, shooting heroin and oxy is light years better, but since I cant do that any more, this was a pretty good natural high. My hands were shaking and my buddy and I were laughing like we were in high school again and of course high-fiving each other. This storage season I'm going to save for LT's and a FAST, this was my drug before the drug. It's feels good to be back and I can stop smiling about it. What a good night!
Mr Nubain:
I found your liver.. It was hiding in the corner, CRYING.
Seriously, as a behavioral health and medical professional, I know you have made a life-saving choice.
Stay clean and enjoy your 'Vette. Go to prison or the psych hospital and stuff like cars goes away.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Do whatever you need to stay away from the sht, ive read a few of your posts, so thats obvious! Ive seen way, way to many people dead with a needle still stuck in their arm from a jab..............good for you for kicking it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you just answered your question to why in the world someone would key your sled. Karma
Another worthless post where one has NOTHING to do with the other. You should have submitted this in OT where your prior drug induced haze would have more meaning.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
Thanks for the change of pace OP.

However, If you think life is boring and you've done it all - go try Sky-Diving, Base Jumping, rock climbing or rapelling.............without a safety net. Had you chose to do those things, instead of putting garbage in your veins, you wouldn't be the same.

Life is about the journey, not the destination.
Your welcome bro! I shouldn't say my life is boring The rush fire-heroin gives you is far more intense than anything I can explain so that's why I use the term boring. Being a dead-beat active drug addict got boring! I've already did sky-diving when I was younger.
I truly have no desire to do anymore risky **** with my life. I'm still in intensive out-patient treatment and I will be for a couple more years.
I'm into competitive Bodybuilding so that consumes a lot of time. I have a regional competition in May.
Boring is safe to me. I cant complain. Life is calm and the rebuilding process is a lot of work, but I'm grateful I have the chance to be able to do so. Most people I've known that went down the road I do don't get a second chance or they blow their opportunities.
Corvettes are exciting to me and I'm OK with that too. I loved my C5, but the C6 is just soooo much better too.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

"cool story bro"

Old 11-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a guy in my 30s and if my girlfriend is away the computer is going into incognito mode for a while, THEN I'll go tinker with the Vette. Don't judge, you know that's the real answer to that question!

To the OP, good job on kicking the habit! Now work on your shifting skills and you'll enjoy the car even more!
Old 11-04-2014, 03:20 PM
RobsVette04
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 244 Posts

2 minutes of my life I will never get back....
Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks! I have a few things planned, it's just saving up the $ to do it. There is so much to do, it's just where to start.
My wife bought me a c6 for surviving a second open heart surgery. She is the love of my life.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:47 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

whatever
Old 11-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Time for you to do some track days. That'll give you a new addiction with all the thrills.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hrt vlv
My wife bought me a c6 for surviving a second open heart surgery. She is the love of my life.
That's very cool! What a great gift
Old 11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport
Time for you to do some track days. That'll give you a new addiction with all the thrills.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This reminds me of 2 friends….2 guys who were ‘batchin’ it’ for the weekend when their wives went out of town. The guys were trying to decide what to do on a Saturday night without their wives. The first guy said “I heard of a great place….it’s a bar with a 2 for 1 deal….you buy 1 drink and you get another drink for free.” The second guy said “That’s pretty cool but I heard about a place that sounds even better. You can drink all night long for free and whenever you want to get laid you just go out to the parking lot.” The first guy said “That’s amazing…..where’s this place?” The second guy said “Well, I don’t know…..my wife told me about it.”

Quick Reply: What do guys in their 30s' do when their girlfriends are away?