C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Nation returns to Velocity channel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I just watched it on DVR. Here's what I picked up and compared to last season,it's not much better....1st,they talk way to much trying to fill in time by repeating things like 'sinkhole in the Corvette Museum..."etc.Tell us once, thank you. A lot of that footage of Wendell and Katie I seem to recall from other tv stuff.News maybe?? The biggest thing??They had the LINGENFELTER guy ,(Ken was it)..and the Lingenfelter banner under his name.I may be wrong but I don't think it's the same Lingenfelter as the mod people....and this one I double checked by watching twice...he said during the interview ..'THIS C5.." and then shows the video of the C6 ZR1.... SERIOUSLY? Nobody caught that? Still good to see a show about just Vettes,no matter how poorly it may be made.
I did and was already numbed by the slow pace of the show to care.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I just watched it on DVR. Here's what I picked up and compared to last season,it's not much better....1st,they talk way to much trying to fill in time by repeating things like 'sinkhole in the Corvette Museum..."etc.Tell us once, thank you. A lot of that footage of Wendell and Katie I seem to recall from other tv stuff.News maybe?? The biggest thing??They had the LINGENFELTER guy ,(Ken was it)..and the Lingenfelter banner under his name.I may be wrong but I don't think it's the same Lingenfelter as the mod people....and this one I double checked by watching twice...he said during the interview ..'THIS C5.." and then shows the video of the C6 ZR1.... SERIOUSLY? Nobody caught that? Still good to see a show about just Vettes,no matter how poorly it may be made.
I caught it too but I thought maybe he was referring to something different that I missed.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:49 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I caught it too but I thought maybe he was referring to something different that I missed.
I thought that at first too but he specifically referred to that video that they showed.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 AM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,373 Likes on 894 Posts

The show has really gone down hill. To me they spend too much time talking about CR Coachworks and Heartland Customs which both retro fit early models on newer chassis. I realize they are sponsors but come on. I didn't think I would ever say this, but can they show more C7 stuff. Anything is better than what's been on the air the last couple of episodes.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

Please tell us that the Prekabumbazz woman is gone?

She was the absolute most annoying Sea Hunt on TV.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Marconi7
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeKY
I missed season 1, is it available anywhere?
I found this link in Google...
http://www.ovguide.com/tv_season/cor...eason-1-276464
Old 11-17-2014, 11:46 AM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This show is really bad, as I said in a previous post I'll watch Office reruns instead. With the number of car related shows available on tv now the whole genre has been watered down and I have lost interest in them. I enjoy Corvettes and what they are about but constant ad's and the often inane interviews just don't cut it, besides I have the real deal in my garage as mostly all of us do. So I'll enjoy the car in real time and without the obnoxious add ons.
One Kick

Last edited by One Kick; 11-17-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: last words don't make sense
Old 11-17-2014, 02:51 PM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
The show has really gone down hill. To me they spend too much time talking about CR Coachworks and Heartland Customs which both retro fit early models on newer chassis. I realize they are sponsors but come on. I didn't think I would ever say this, but can they show more C7 stuff. Anything is better than what's been on the air the last couple of episodes.
Thanks for checking us out on Corvette Nation. Heartland Customs isn't a sponsor of the show or has contributed to it financially in any way. We are very happy to be featured on the show and had the opportunity to share our creations with the Corvette Nation audience. CR Coachworks and Heartland Customs are actually the exact opposites in concept. Heartland Customs uses original bodies and modernizes them with our SPECVETTE chassis and modern electronics while keeping the looks completely original. CR Coachworks takes modern Corvette bodies and changes the body panels to look like retro Corvettes while the interior stays modern.

I do agree that while our stuff is very interesting to Corvette fans, I would also like to see more C7 stuff!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM
zero11
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The show's a joke.I've watched a few of the new shows,all the show is a bunch of commercials very little format.The show IMO isn't worth taping.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:06 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Heartland Customs
Thanks for checking us out on Corvette Nation. Heartland Customs isn't a sponsor of the show or has contributed to it financially in any way. We are very happy to be featured on the show and had the opportunity to share our creations with the Corvette Nation audience. CR Coachworks and Heartland Customs are actually the exact opposites in concept. Heartland Customs uses original bodies and modernizes them with our SPECVETTE chassis and modern electronics while keeping the looks completely original. CR Coachworks takes modern Corvette bodies and changes the body panels to look like retro Corvettes while the interior stays modern.

I do agree that while our stuff is very interesting to Corvette fans, I would also like to see more C7 stuff!
Saw that piece on you guys in the last episode. If I wanted that "old school" look in a Vette with all the modern amenities, you win hands down. Your work looked great!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:39 AM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 885 Likes on 575 Posts

Old 11-18-2014, 08:49 AM
RJS91RGTP
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Corvette Nation

The show is awful, there are more commercials for the sponsors then content. The female co-host is awful and everything they talk about is old news. It is not worth watching and I hope the folks that put it together monitor the forms to see what people think.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:20 AM
42Chevy
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
St Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The show is aweful. It is disjointed and boring with way too many commercials. The concept of having the show is a good one but they need younger hosts and some excitement. Make the show have better flow and be more current.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:14 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 885 Likes on 575 Posts

I guess one question could be - what would you do with it if you were the producer?

I could see segments involving:

Factory Racing News: C7R

Major Corvette events: Museum Trips, big shows, scenic road rallies

Other major enthusiast events: SEMA, Historic Races and Race Cars (particularly Corvettes), Corvettes at Goodwood, Texas Mile (other mile events), Open road racing, Bonneville Speed Week

Product/Tuner News: new products (new product tests?), dyno tests, tire tests

Corvettes in Europe: Went over there last year and it seemed like I met someone just about every day that owned a Corvette of some vintage, mostly C2s and C3s.

Favorite Driving Roads: listing/video of favorite roads in different parts of the country.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:28 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Lets face it, find another show on TV that talks all about Corvettes and gives you private collections you never herd about, but they get there camera in there to show you what people own, and car shows you will never get to go, but get the idea what that show is all about.
Yes it has commercials and lot of them, but there Corvette commercial, go watch TV show and see the most boring commercials that doesn't even interest me to listen to them.

I can't believe I said all that, but go find Corvette show on TV.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:29 PM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty
I guess one question could be - what would you do with it if you were the producer?

Other major enthusiast events: SEMA, Historic Races and Race Cars (particularly Corvettes), Corvettes at Goodwood, Texas Mile (other mile events), Open road racing, Bonneville Speed Week

Corvettes in Europe: Went over there last year and it seemed like I met someone just about every day that owned a Corvette of some vintage, mostly C2s and C3s.

Favorite Driving Roads: listing/video of favorite roads in different parts of the country.
Awesome suggestions! I will pass these on to the shows producers.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I watched 3 episodes last season, and found them boring.

I've watched 2 & 1/2 this year, and decided to give up.

Too much talk, too much repetition, and the woman co-host who never seems to know anything what-so-ever about Corvettes, is more than I can take.

When some of the commercials show more creativity and excitement than the show itself, something is very wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Nation returns to Velocity channel

Old 11-18-2014, 07:57 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,373 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty

Good suggestions.

I know I criticized the show but we all really should be glad there is a show and make suggestion of what we would like to see.

I can't remember if they did a show on it or not but I'd like to see a non biased report comparing the Bondurant and Ron Fellows driving schools, and other products, maybe brakes, tires, exhaust. Or the different tuners.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:54 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

The show sucks. Plain and simple.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 AM
abc8cub
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should realize that people who watch this show want to see CARS not people talking. Let the people talk while we look at THE CARS. Previous ideas about what to cover are excellent. Maybe a segment or two on someone's mods would be interesting. All of network TV is unwatchable without recording because of excessive commercials.

Quick Reply: Corvette Nation returns to Velocity channel