C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM major guard protection where is the best place to buy it

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:43 AM
JAXRWILD
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GM major guard protection where is the best place to buy it

my 2012 is running out of the 3 year bumper to bumper protection from GM I went to the dealer they wanted a lot of money 2400 dollars for 3 year protection is there a better place to buy major guard other than the dealer
Old 10-24-2014, 12:24 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Couple choices now:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gust-15-a.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-gmepp.html
Old 10-24-2014, 12:35 PM
0Vetteman2011
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JAXRWILD

Email sent

Thank you RICK T for recommending me!!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

What we need is for someone to post, or give a link, explaining the principal differences between GMPP and the new GM plan(s).
I think, but am not sure, that there are a few years of Corvette where you could currently buy either plan.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM
0Vetteman2011
Former Vendor

Default GMPP and GMEPP

The GMPP is the old plan that has been around for years and is an ALLY BANK product, you can research the Major Guard, Value Guard and Basic Guard plans at www.gmprotectionplan.com. The new GM Plan is offered thru GM Financial and is still fairly new so not a lot of info out on it, it is a virtual mirror of the GMPP Major Guard plan except it covers shock absorbers which GMPP does not. For those of us who own Vettes with the Mag Ride I tend to lean my customers to the new GM plan to cover those very expensive shocks. I have a very good letter and a deskmat copy that I can send out to anyone wanting to look at the NEW GM plan so just email me at dfichtner@hardinauto.com and I will send it to you right away.

Dennis Fichtner
Old 10-24-2014, 01:26 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I think it's essential to look at the new GM plan and compare its coverage and cost to the old plan, so that's a good question by Gearhead Jim, imo.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I just got off the phone with Dennis. I had the old plan. After reading the post above and finding that the new plan covered the MSRC shocks, I cancelled the old and went with the new. At the same time I lowered the mileage and added 2 more years. It cost me some, but to me it was worth it for the piece of mind.

Dennis is still the go to guy to get the plan. Just email him and he can supply you with all the info you need.

A real gentleman to work with.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

You might give RichieRichZ06 from this forum a call. Supports this forum and gives great prices..

http://www.abelgm.com/ ask for Rich...
Old 10-24-2014, 05:57 PM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

If the car is out of the 3/36, but in the 5/60, can one still get this warranty?
Old 10-24-2014, 06:09 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by airmed2
If the car is out of the 3/36, but in the 5/60, can one still get this warranty?
Don't think you can get a GMPP once the 3/36 has expired. Don't know if the new plan does.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM
0Vetteman2011
Former Vendor

Once the car is out of the 36/36 you can't purchase either plan.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:25 AM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
I just got off the phone with Dennis. I had the old plan. After reading the post above and finding that the new plan covered the MSRC shocks, I cancelled the old and went with the new. At the same time I lowered the mileage and added 2 more years. It cost me some, but to me it was worth it for the piece of mind.

Dennis is still the go to guy to get the plan. Just email him and he can supply you with all the info you need.

A real gentleman to work with.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:56 AM
JAXRWILD
Racer

thanks for the information I will stop by my local Chevy dealer today and try to get a little more information from themthe quotes I am getting are all over the place I don't know if people or dealers are trying to rip you off or they just don't know how to price out the warranty
Old 10-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by JAXRWILD
thanks for the information I will stop by my local Chevy dealer today and try to get a little more information from themthe quotes I am getting are all over the place I don't know if people or dealers are trying to rip you off or they just don't know how to price out the warranty
After you do that, give Dennis a call or shoot him an Email.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:01 AM
onelloyd
Intermediate

Default Major Guard

my 2012 is running out of the 3 year bumper to bumper protection from GM I went to the dealer they wanted a lot of money 2400 dollars for 3 year protection is there a better place to buy major guard other than the dealer
I looked around a lot for a GM Major Guard policy for my new to me 2012 GS. I was directed to MacMaulkin Chevrolet. Talk to Todd Sutherland, 855-875-5786. Basically $100 over their cost......or so I was told. I have some rates so PM me if you would like them or just call Todd! Good luck with your search. Oh and if you find it cheaper than the GM policy, please post your findings.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Roger Waring
Instructor

Mine was running out also in January. I contacted the below information on contacting RichieRich from Abel Chevrolet and was able to get 4 year 60,000 mile for over less than half of the quote you received.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:58 AM
JAXRWILD
Racer

Got it Joe Alcoke chervy New Been , 60/40000 , 0 deductible $ 1250,00

Get notified of new replies

To GM major guard protection where is the best place to buy it

Old 10-31-2014, 07:02 PM
0Rimrock Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Fichtner Chevrolet the original sponsoring dealer is now Rimrock Chevrolet.

We are offering GMPP a product of Ally and Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Protection Plans which are a product of GM at the same deep discounts that we have been known for many, many years,

I was the first to offer plans at a discounts and without sales tax.

I am still here! Though I chose to sell the dealership I am staying on with the new owners as their manager.

I promise great service and the lowest prices.

Matching and beating other offers is our goal!

We can extend your present GMPP policy if it hasn't expired.

Email me for a quote!

Also note that my office is in a Chevrolet dealerships not in a used car operation posing to be a new car dealership.

Email us for a quote today!

KenFichtner@rimrockauto.com

Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick Protection Plan
A product of GM Financial, a division of GM

Non-Covered Parts
Battery & Battery Cable/Harness, Lenses, Sealed Beams & Light Bulbs, Speakers, Audio/Video Equipment and any Pixel Damage on Display Screens, Electronic Transmitting/Receiving Devices, Remote Control Consoles, and radar Detection Devices, Brake Rotors and Drums, All Exhaust Components (unless listed as specific covered parts), Trim Items, Tires & Wheels/Rims, Maintenance Services. The following emission Components: EGR Purge Valve/Solenoids/Sensors, Vacuum Canister, Vapor Return Canister, Vapor Return Lines/Valves, Air Pump/Lines/Valves, Catalytic Converter/Filtering/Sensors, Emission Vapor Sensors, Gas Cap/Filler Neck

General Motors Protection Plan
A product of Ally Financial

Non-Covered Parts
Unless required in connection with the repair of a covered part, WE will not pay anything under this Agreement for engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, drive belts, radiator hoses, heater and vacuum hoses, windshield wiper blades, air conditioning recharging, fluids, spark/glow plugs and wires, brake pads and linings, brake shoes and rotors, manual clutch disc, or any maintenance service or part required to be performed or replaced as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule.
Additionally, neither rust damage nor any of the following parts as defined by the VEHICLE manufacturer’s parts manual are covered under any circumstance: sheet metal, chassis frame, cross members, body rails, body panels or other body parts, bumpers, glass, carpet, weather-strips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, trim, convertible or vinyl tops, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, hinges, brake drums, shock absorbers, or batteries. In addition, the following are not covered: correction of air and water leaks, wind noise, odors, squeaks, or rattles.

In addition:
Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick Protection Plan offers a greater rental car reimbursement
Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick Protection Plan offers a greater towing reimbursement
GMPP will not be offered in the near future. GM is not renewing the license authorizing Ally to sell the plan after a specific date
Old 10-31-2014, 09:53 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman2011
The GMPP is the old plan that has been around for years and is an ALLY BANK product, you can research the Major Guard, Value Guard and Basic Guard plans at www.gmprotectionplan.com. The new GM Plan is offered thru GM Financial and is still fairly new so not a lot of info out on it, it is a virtual mirror of the GMPP Major Guard plan except it covers shock absorbers which GMPP does not. For those of us who own Vettes with the Mag Ride I tend to lean my customers to the new GM plan to cover those very expensive shocks. I have a very good letter and a deskmat copy that I can send out to anyone wanting to look at the NEW GM plan so just email me at dfichtner@hardinauto.com and I will send it to you right away.

Dennis Fichtner
I bought my GMPP from Dennis and it was the best price around. It turned out that I used it several times and saved me more than it cost.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by VET4LES
I bought my GMPP from Dennis and it was the best price around. It turned out that I used it several times and saved me more than it cost.

My experience also.
I used to joke that GM went bankrupt because the payouts on our GMPPs were so much higher than what we paid for the policies.

We've had three of them, one for each of our new Corvettes. In each case, we ended up getting something like a 300% return on our investment. Unfortunately.

Quick Reply: GM major guard protection where is the best place to buy it