C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Corsa Axle Back tips don't align - WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 04:30 PM
jersphoto
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brand New Corsa Axle Back tips don't align - WHY?

These were brand new - installed by a tire/muffler shop. The tips don't align. Took it to a Chevy dealer and they couldn't fix the pigeon toed tips. What's the deal. Why aren't they straight? Nothing looked defective when they arrived. How can I get the straight? Helpful ideas would be appreciated. 2006 A6 LS2.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:32 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Find a better muffler shop. They can be done but are a pita.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

so .............why didn't the 'tire / muffler' shop remedy the problem ? I assume you did not pay them
Old 10-10-2014, 07:33 PM
darbn
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It takes a little messing around to align them properly. You will probably have to loosen the clamps on the over the axle pipes and the muffler. Take your time. Just so you know, there is a very fine line between being straight and hitting the bottom of the car when you hit bumps. The muffler shop did not get them straight because it is not their car.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:43 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by darbn
It takes a little messing around to align them properly. You will probably have to loosen the clamps on the over the axle pipes and the muffler. Take your time. Just so you know, there is a very fine line between being straight and hitting the bottom of the car when you hit bumps. The muffler shop did not get them straight because it is not their car.
this statement has merit. however it well documented that for whatever reason the corsa are a pia to get lined up. if they were cheap and made in china there would be a million posts stating "you get what you pay for".
Old 10-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Mine are at least 6 years old, who knows how long before I purchased them that they were manufactured.

I had trouble too.

Find someone who will take the time to deal with it. Loosen all clamps on both ends of axle over pipes.

Most aftermarket mufflers I see look straight but are not even with how far they protrude out. Nothing looks worse that a sloppy job here.

Another word of advice is to have them spot welded once you are happy with the fitment, just a little tack weld.

A small level helps as does looking down as you walk up to the rear and seeing the tips disappear at the same time under the black tunnel area.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I installed my own last March. Mine include the X pipe. I installed every thing with out tightening the clamps. After I made sure everything looked good I tighten them. I'm sure you need to loosen clamps and make it look good before tightening them.

Get notified of new replies

To Brand New Corsa Axle Back tips don't align - WHY?

Quick Reply: Brand New Corsa Axle Back tips don't align - WHY?