C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about sellig the GS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 AM
TXredc3
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take a C3 though, the fact is that it will increase in value in most cases while the C7 WILL decrease in value in ALL cases.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing before I bought my C3....it'll appreciate....can't go wrong!!! However, you'll find the amount of money you dump into it to keep it running will surpass any gains you realize from appreciation.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:16 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
I'm thinking about selling the Grand Sport and getting something different.

I don't know whether I should get a C3 corvette or a C7.

I'm also having a hard time choosing a color, I don't know if I should go with red or yellow. I've always liked orange cars so I might go that route also. And if you mix red and yellow it makes orange so it would be a good alternative.

And should I go with automatic or a manual?

What do you guys think? Your opinions mean a lot.

(I'm joking, not really thinking about selling it)

I currently have a C1, a C2 and a C6 Z06. I don't drive the 56 anymore, but I like to drive the 64(loaded except for A/C), but I don't drive it during the summer heat as it doesn't have A/C. I had a C3('69 coupe way back when) loaded and with A/C. The A/C worked great if the outside temp was below 40 degrees. At 90 degrees ambient, it would cool the interior down to 89 degrees(if the stars were in alignment).

If you want a Corvette that you can drive year round(but not in the dead of winter with a foot of snow on the ground) stick with what you have(but throw a E-Force on it for even more fun). I've thought about what I would purchase if my Z06 were totaled. I would go with a C6 Grand Sport with an auto and an E-Force.

Last edited by JoesC5; 09-26-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:54 PM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait for the C8GSZR106ZORA if you really want to impress us. They'll invent a new color by then that you'll really love too.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:55 PM
APACHEDR1V3R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
I'm thinking about selling the Grand Sport and getting something different.

I don't know whether I should get a C3 corvette or a C7.

I'm also having a hard time choosing a color, I don't know if I should go with red or yellow. I've always liked orange cars so I might go that route also. And if you mix red and yellow it makes orange so it would be a good alternative.

And should I go with automatic or a manual?

What do you guys think? Your opinions mean a lot.

(I'm joking, not really thinking about selling it)

Wow, so now I know what a mid-life crisis looks like…
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by csf
Since we are so close and you always listen to my advice, I think you should keep the Grand Sport.

Its way better than any C3 or C7 . . . in fact it is by far the best Corvette ever made or that ever will be made.

Then I think you should repaint it Sunset Inferno Orange, with red calipers in the front and yellow in the rear. So beautiful.

On Ebay you can purchase a pair of those gorgeous Stingray "sperm" badges everyone is pulling off their C7's and place them on your Grand Sport front fenders.

Then you can find one of the C7 motors that already blew up and was then rebuilt by GM and install it in your C6 so you will not have to be depressed about having an obsolete engine any longer.

Then you'll have the only orange/red/yellow C6&7 Corvette Grand Sport Stingray, and much cheaper than buying a whole new car.

So classic I bet in a few years Barrett-Jackson comes looking for you. Good luck !!!
You guys crack me up. Now I won't be able to look at a C7, and not think about the "sperm" badge.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Buy a C3 - cause will be easier to sell when you wake up tomorrow & decide you want a C4.
As for color - buy white & just spray colors on with water based tempra paint - same as used in grade school. You could switch colors in minutes with just a hose & a brush.

Quick Reply: thinking about sellig the GS